Page 807 of 820 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807808809810811817 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 12295

Warren is done with Betsy. Apparently he will never forgive her

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...canny-x-men-6/

Ultimate Member

He just got changed back to his darker side being in control so he's angry and really messed up in his head, a few months from now things could be very different very easily so I wouldn't make a definitive statement about whether they're done or not...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I was just reading the Fresh Ideas thread. And it got me thinking I wouldnt mind Betsy taking a break from the X-Men for a year or two. I mean she can have cameos and appearances. But I read on the other thread the idea of her being in a different title and it got me thinking. I wouldnt mind a new book like the Cap Brit MI6 series, or a S.T.R.I.K.E agents book, or even Excalibur relaunch. It would give the opportunity to really delve into the character. Seeing as she'd be one of the main four characters that would be popular in the title. Have her branch out and interact w other Marvel characters. I really wish X-Men editorial would take a few more risks. I think when Rogue was taken away she had some good spotlight at times.
    I’d love to see Zub get a new Avengers book, and add her to the cast.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Oh thanks scot they're done. Finally we can move on from that Trope.

Good. :P
    Archangel needs to leave the X-Office and go to another part of the MU. This is not working.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Yay another retread! Betsy having to deal with Warren Archangel again. Awesome. Just such an exciting story to be told.

I mean because it hasn't been his only story in the last 10 years. Excluding hippie zen Warren.

Next issue is going to be so annoying. And of course someone would be forgiving of this retread but shite on everything that happens with Betsy.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-13-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

Warren and his Angel-Archangel drama is even more boring than Rogue with her can touch-can not touch drama. they should stick to something and develop the character.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Haha love this! Yeah bye "drag me down" Warren

Ultimate Member

So it's simple have Warren move on from that, it's only retread because they're doing the same story over again, he could also be fixed by the end of this storyline and then both could move on...preferably together imho...and they'll never be totally done, this is comics, pairings can go dormant for years before starting back up again remember...all that it takes is a writer that wants them together...

This Archangel mess is borderline emotional abuse. It’s not fair to have Betsy constantly dragged down by this and verbally beat up bc she keeps trying to save him from himself. It’s actually quite sad that she can’t break the cycle. This is too analogous to real life women that keep thinking they can change or save a man with severe mental issues which beyond them. Betsy’s done all she can do and it’s not her place anymore to fix this. She just went through her own trauma but it’s not like we are seeing her get the same level of support.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Warren and his Angel-Archangel drama is even more boring than Rogue with her can touch-can not touch drama. they should stick to something and develop the character.
    It's annoying that writers won't let them move on. Mike Carey finally gave Rogue control and that was later tossed away. Charles Soule gave Warren control and that was tossed aside too. Pity.

As for the latest issue, Betsy laid it down on Warren though. Loved her breaking through Nate's control. The artist did a good job of conveying faces with emotion.

Looks like Betsy might go running into Jean's waiting arms now. :P

This Archangel mess is borderline emotional abuse. It’s not fair to have Betsy constantly dragged down by this and verbally beat up bc she keeps trying to save him from himself. It’s actually quite sad that she can’t break the cycle. This is too analogous to real life women that keep thinking they can change or save a man with severe mental issues which beyond them. Betsy’s done all she can do and it’s not her place anymore to fix this. She just went through her own trauma but it’s not like we are seeing her get the same level of support.
    Havok you just got too real for me. I'm depressed now lol. Also, apparently Jean is the only one that's giving her support (although off-panel).

Warren's gonna be so jealous of Jetsy. He screwed up. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if Warren actually dies in Disassambled. There's always a big death in these events, right? He and Omega Red don't appear to be in Age of X-Man; whereas Magneto and Blob both are. And I'm not sure Rosenberg will be using him post-Disassembled.

Plus, they fridge women all the time. Maybe kill Warren (for good; at least until they resurrect him in a few years) to develop Betsy? This will finally give everyone closure on their relationship.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Warren actually dies in Disassambled. There's always a big death in these events, right? He and Omega Red don't appear to be in Age of X-Man; whereas Magneto and Blob both are. And I'm not sure Rosenberg will be using him post-Disassembled.

Plus, they fridge women all the time. Maybe kill Warren (for good; at least until they resurrect him in a few years) to develop Betsy? This will finally give everyone closure on their relationship.
    LOL...I think everyone has closure except one person and killing Warren off wont do that.

IDA on killing Warren though they already did that a few years ago. He needs a writer to take an interest in him much like Rosenberg did with Alex. He needs to stay away from Betsy though bc she is used too much as a crutch for him and its stifling her growth and development bc she keeps getting dragged back. The Archangel/Death stuff is not her storyline yet its baggage that she has to carry by proxy. Theres more interesting storylines to tell with her like delving deeper into her psyche following the body switch and other stuff pre-X-men that has largely been forgotten

Same. I don't know if they would kill him, but I would prefer if they don't. Warren always has dark and depressing stories. Jean picked Scott over him. Cameron Hodge betrayed him. Who knows how many times Apocalypse has turned him.

He needs a story that's very focused on him that ends on an uplifting note. Warren has become such a bland character because when he's not being mind-controlled or dealing with his Archangel persona, he's usually just wallpaper.

I think they should play on his origins and bring him back to his Avenging Angel days. Let him find himself. I posted this idea in another thread, but I would love to see a street-level duo/buddy cop book with Warren and Kurt. They should capitalize on the Angel/Demon dynamic between the two. They both need a self-discovery story that doesn't make them into surface caricatures of themselves.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

She'd only be a crutch if the writers won't let the storyline move past where it is now...and only bad writing stifles her growth, not Warren...