Page 752 of 820 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752753754755756762802 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 12295
    Incredible Member

Those impressive years when French gal Alex could kept an highly engaged Psylocke’s community during the years betsy was dead and we were in the most frustating draught.

I’d love to see the lovely psylocke emojis from Le Forum again.

http://web.archive.org/web/200906150...b.fr/main.html
    Last edited by crimsontt; 10-17-2018 at 05:51 AM.

OMG i remember that! And when the uncanny issue came out w the green hair. And we were all excited but on ready for disappointment lol. I wonder what happened to that person.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Oh wow I remember Le Site! A big reason my love of Psylocke grew so much! I had played some of the old X-Men games with Psylocke in them and was always curious about her. Stumbled upon that site and found out she was dead in the comics, but got to read tons about her. I remember how exciting it was when it was announced she was returning. Wow - seems like so long ago.

I loved this site too! It was my main source of info on Psylocke before the Butterfly blogspot and this forum. It was there that I discovered Psylocke was British before. Lol.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Oh the memories of Le Site, I was a member there also.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Can someone help me get caught up? I haven't been keeping track so I was curious: when Betsy recreated her body did she keep the ninja skills? She obviously still uses psychic blades so there's that melee element to her style.
    Stated on panel, she says that she has all of her memories and experiences. As for the writers, they've said that this is not a regression of the character. It sounds to me like she'd keep the ninja skills. But who knows, they could change their minds and say that since this is a brand new body, she has to relearn the skills that the previous two (three?) bodies had...but then a counter argument could be made that since it's possible that Jamie made Betsy's last body, it came complete with ninja skills. So I think it's just easier to have her keep them.

I dunno if an official limit has ever been established for what Jean can lift with her TK, but in this era of comics probably her greatest physical feat was briefly holding the top of a building aloft. She eventually got some help from the Power Pack setting it down.

Thanks for this!! Thousands of tons...that's a hell of a lot! Too bad she also gets nerfed to fit a story. Remember Wolverine being able to struggle against her telekinesis in his own title? Should've been no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She had trouble holding thousands of tons for long. 50 tons should have been a piece of cake for her
    Right. But limiting abilities seems to happen to all characters who get too powerful. Betsy and Vargas anyone? Even alt-Slaymaster. One thing I liked about that Shadow Jean from New Excalibur is that she'd just stop your heart and move on lol. Also, these telekinetics should take a page out of the Bonnie Bennett book (from The Vampire Diaries) and just use TK to break some arms or legs of these villains that kill wantonly (except for the ones that can heal of course). Can we tell that I'm a little bit aggressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I think it's a combination of Jean being Arrogant. I mean TimeShadow beat up Jean, constantly. I mean if Timeshadow was in an Issue. Jean was going down.
    But I think a lot of it Jean is Batman, she needs Prep time. Even in the page I posted, she mentions not fighting Storm until she got close enough to whammy her.
    Even without her own Telepathy Jean has some of the Strongest Psychis Barriers, and Willpower in Marvel. Whereas Psylocke and Rachel get Mind Controlled CONSTANTLY! (It's maddening, Rachel is still Mind Control Queen though. :P) It's EXCEEDINGLY rare to see Jean get Mind Controlled or ever since the Dark Phoenix stuff suffer from Illusions for long. So while Jean wasn't a Teep at the time. Psylocke would have had a LOT of work to do to take her down mentally. So she shut down parts of Jeans Brain where she had less of an issue. It's what she did to the creep from Genosha. Denied him access to his powers without full mental control.

But also, Inferno was a fairly jean Centric story, so her chumping people was to be expected.
    Makes complete sense when it comes to the psychic shields and Jean being a center figure during that storyline. You've also brought up a good point of Jean not really ever being mind controlled nearly as much as Betsy and Rachel. Only time I can think of is when Viper had her under her control.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Those impressive years when French gal Alex could kept an highly engaged Psylocke’s community during the years betsy was dead and we were in the most frustating draught.

I also miss this site!!! Twas a beautiful thing. I also wonder whatever happened to Alex. I went through the site and saw some names on the forum that I had forgotten about! Good times!
    Last edited by Drey; 10-17-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Stated on panel, she says that she has all of her memories and experiences. As for the writers, they've said that this is not a regression of the character. It sounds to me like she'd keep the ninja skills. But who knows, they could change their minds and say that since this is a brand new body, she has to relearn the skills that the previous two (three?) bodies had...but then a counter argument could be made that since it's possible that Jamie made Betsy's last body, it came complete with ninja skills. So I think it's just easier to have her keep them.
    While I don't expect them to go too deep into this, I'm curious to see how/if they'll explore it. If Betsy hasn't lost any of her memories she may have a (not sure if this is a correct term) kinesthetic memory where her ninja skills were concerned. Humans can achieve some incredible physical feats and often the barrier to doing so is more in the mind than in the body. And anything the body is well practiced in the mind will retain and activate when prompted to:

Example: riding a bike even though you haven't done it in years or playing a piece of music you once knew by heart.

BANNED

Remind me when does Uncanny drop?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post

Wooooooooow Le Site! Hitting me right in the feels. Good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Remind me when does Uncanny drop?
    Issue one drops November 14th i believe.

FB0DA490-A8B3-40F8-A52B-FE5837F952AE.jpg

Can’t wait to see the full version

Re: Jean's tk. I don't want to derail but in Morrison's run did she really struggle that much? Sure she grunted and Beast said she could ease off, but that was all that we saw. Also her tk had just come back so maybe like any muscle she needed more time to develop it. Who knows.

I can't wait to see Psylocke in action in her new (old) body. I also can't wait to see exactly how her powers are used. Jordan acted like she was mainly a telepath now, but in that same thread he said she had mainly been telepathic a while now, which we all know is not the case. So I wonder if her ever changing powers will continue from writer to writer or if we will get a solid in story answer to what her powers are and how they work?

I hope Psylocke continues to be a major character in the X-books going forward. If we have multiple teams then each team can have a team telepath. We would have both Psylocke and Jean (and who knows where Emma or Rachel may fit in).

BANNED

Thanks babe.

-

I think whether she's using tk or tp, or whether a writer things she's more one over the other, that she has as consistent a power suite as any other character. Literally every other character has differences between writers, powers that are new or used in new ways and then not used in that way ever again by a different writer. Think it's sort of useless to hope for any kind of answer for some kind of list of what exactly she's capable of, as one doesn't really exist beyond whatever a writer things a "psychic combatant" can do.

Wow, Psylocke is the character featured on the most covers for the debut issue. So far she's the only one to be on every single one?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I love it, But I think I like both this and the B&W one equally.