Page 720 of 820 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730770 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 12295

Betsy Braddock is Psylocke.

I’m not understanding why SHE needs to give up the code name she’s had for 30 + years.

Psylocke not being Asian means she can’t have that code name?
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-18-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think the MCU X-Men should line up with Spider-Man age-wise, so by the time they are on film, we're talking college aged. I mean, who doesn't love Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, but the man is already almost 50. I think we should aim castings a few decades younger, no?

This could work but...NO MORE CHILDREN, I'd prefer the X-men to be young adults and one to two films away from true adult-hood. I personally want to see the actual X-men on the big screen with an assortment of colors, aesthetically pleasing costumes, and all of their interpersonal relations intact.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy Braddock is Psylocke.

I’m not understanding why SHE needs to give up the code name she’s had for 30 + years.
    This a thousand times, she's not Psylocke because of her former look, but because that is who Betsy is. Why would Kwannon want or have any relationship to a name that she's never held and holds no emotional attachment!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-18-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I think this is why I was so awestruck to find out she was 26 was her powers first manifested. I think the retcons were fresher in my mind, so the whole NYC thing was what I remember as most current.
    Ah, I see. It's kinda less clear about what age her powers actively manifested originally. When she showed up in 1982 (26 years old), she stated to Brian that she was a precog and a telepath. But she also mentions that she used to get odd psychic flashes which goes back to the time before she dyed her hair purple. Brian had just returned from another reality and I believe it had been around 3 years since they last saw each other. He spent 2 years as a hermit before being sent to another reality, so I'm thinking that originally some time between 23-26 her powers fully manifested.

And I'm also on the nope train for Kwannon taking the codename Psylocke. Betsy is the only Psylocke and she's been Psylocke way before the body swap. Kwannon can keep the codename Revanche. Or maybe Psykey? Heh.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

wow she looks great....though her hair looks darker again as it was before the swap

The Queen's first cover back (not counting the Uncanny one)!

Kill the angel once and for all! Let's be rid of him forever.

LOL...with her hair back to black with purple highlights, she looks like her old body. So much for those complaining. Doesn’t look like much has changed

Basically what I’ve been saying

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...with her hair back to black with purple highlights, she looks like her old body. So much for those complaining. Doesn’t look like much has changed

1. I know you're being factious, but it's obviously not black with purple highlights. It's a darker shade of purple, the black is shadowing from the artist to show weight, volume, texture.
    2. This is exactly what I was afraid of...all this noise about her returning to her Caucasian body, and artist go back to drawing her as before. Straight hair and a darker shade of purple. This is going to leave everyone confused, because artists did a piss poor job of showcasing her Asian features. In a medium like this color of hair and texture really help distinguish the two bodies. Hence why Jim Lee used to draw Revanche with much curlier hair and a lavender hue was used.

On another note: The cover looks good though.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

1. I know you're being factious, but it's obviously not black with purple highlights. It's a darker shade of purple, the black is shadowing from the artist to show weight, volume, texture.
    2. This is exactly what I was afraid of...all this noise about her returning to her Caucasian body, and artist go back to drawing her as before. Straight hair and a darker shade of purple. This is going to leave everyone confused, because artists did a piss poor job of showcasing her Asian features. In a medium like this color of hair and texture really help distinguish the two bodies. Hence why Jim Lee used to draw Revanche with much curlier hair and a lavender hue was used.

I think you meant Kubert. Jim Lee was long gone by the time Kwannon was created. And he didnt draw it curly but rather wavy. Peterson is the one that went the curly route

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I love that she looks undeniably Psylocke-ish. Meanwhile, what the hell is Angel wearing? Guess that's a Horseman of Salvation outfit? It's a hot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think you meant Kubert. Jim Lee was long gone by the time Kwannon was created. And he didnt draw it curly but rather wavy. Peterson is the one that went the curly route
    Oh thank you, yes I meant Peterson.

This is what you were afraid of? Even before the change when she was Asian they were always drawing her Asian/Caucasian/Eurasian. And no one was confused or complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This is what you were afraid of? Even before the change when she was Asian they were always drawing her Asian/Caucasian/Eurasian. And no one was confused or complaining about it.
    Nobody was complaining about it? If you go back on this thread, you'll see plenty of people complaining about how her features were portrayed. I specifically remember when the Marvel Heroes game did their redesign of Psylocke, and she ended up looking more Caucasian and that fired people up.

They went through with putting her back in her original body, but are going to continue depicting her as if she's still in her Eurasian/Asian body? Seems just as problematic as not doing the MiM story at all.

I feel like because the art was always so blurred about how the body looked (especially with the eurasian features) there's never really going to be a definitive way to draw her looking purely white outside of the lavender hair. And that all comes down to the colorist honestly.

At this point, they probably feel everyone ready MiM and you know what body she's in no matter what.