Page 501 of 820 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 12295

I came across this fancast on deviant art (by AllStarDoomsday1992 ). Betsy in the MCU, pre body swap

What do you think ?

I don't think it's a bad casting choice, and it has aspects of both incarnations of the character ( I still think Brit Betsy should be played by either Kate Beckinsale or Eva Green )

Ultimate Member

I guess that it'd depend on how old she's supposed to be as both of those ladies are in their late 30's to early 40's unless I'm mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_xfan View Post
    I came across this fancast on deviant art (by AllStarDoomsday1992 ). Betsy in the MCU, pre body swap

What do you think ?

I don't think it's a bad casting choice, and it has aspects of both incarnations of the character ( I still think Brit Betsy should be played by either Kate Beckinsale or Eva Green )
    She just looks like a swarthy Caucasian to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or maybe it got dumped on him and he had to start things in a short amount of time and did the best he could, not nice to call a writer a hack...it wasn't perfect but it's not terrible and has now pretty much worked itself out these 20 some years later...
    He is a hack. Nothing was dumped on him. He knew he was rewriting a relatively new revelation. Only to make it more complex than needed and as said assassinated her character. I also wouldn't say its worked out. She has still yet to even ponder the whole concept and as you can see. Still comes up quite often. It was a terrible story and only due to his writing alone. I could have wrote something better in 20 minutes.

Ultimate Member

I don't see the bodyswap as all that complex and I don't think that it assassinated her character at all, it worked out I'd say, what whole concept hasn't she pondered yet and are you even sure that the X-books would take the time for her to do that...her old bodyswap comes up about as often as the Phoenix does for Jean and such, and again nice calling a writer a hack...

BANNED

[IMG]https://orig01.deviantart.net/c729/f/2016/026/5/6/mcu_x_men___psylocke_pre_revanche___sofia_boutella _by_allstardoomsday1992-d9pejmu.jpg[/IMG

What do you think ?

She looks to "hard" for me. Pre -swap I personally assume to be more or less a normal woman who gets into really shitty situations but eventually grows into being something like a mix of Emma and Physical Psylocke.
    But this is an alternate reality so anything is possible.

I was thinking along the lines of Mylene

Or Kelly Brook

Kate Winslet if they go with the Older version of the twins, which I hope they do.

Jessica brown Findlay if they go with the younger early versions.
    Plus she's already worked with McAvoy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    He is a hack. Nothing was dumped on him. He knew he was rewriting a relatively new revelation. Only to make it more complex than needed and as said assassinated her character. I also wouldn't say its worked out. She has still yet to even ponder the whole concept and as you can see. Still comes up quite often. It was a terrible story and only due to his writing alone. I could have wrote something better in 20 minutes.
    I agree with all of this. :P

Also Lobdell wasn't a Psylocke fan, Kelly hated her, Nicienza Assassinated who she was. Ai yai yai.

agree QFT. I never believed that- oh I missed an issue- me oh my bs story. He knew what he was doing.

Also can't wait to show you guys the commission I got coming of the Braddock's.

Ultimate Member

He assassinated her and yet she became more popular...yeah some of it was her look and all but he did some right, I saw it as regardless of how she'd changed Nicieza wrote her as the same character that weathered the storm and moved forward, so I'll argue against anyone that says that he assassinated any characters character...though I'm not saying that he's perfect either...I understood the bodyswap and have never really viewed it as a terrible storyline...

As for an actress they'd have to get someone that would do tv and then stick around for a few to several years, so all of the big names would be out imho...so a younger unknown actress would probably work best all around...

BANNED

I'd love to see Eva Green in the role.

Which is TK. No matter how you slice it only TK can affect the physical world. Which is why I never had an issue with her being a telekenetic. She showed the potential for it from the beginning.
    That's interesting and I never thought about it that way. Maybe that's why Claremont had Jean and Betsy switch powers, because in his mind she already was a latent telekinetic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I'd love to see Eva Green in the role.
    I see Eva Green as Selene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I see Eva Green as Selene.
    WHAATTTT!!! That'd be awesome. I love Eva. Can you imagine her playing someone like Vixen or Courtney Ross?

I still think Eva is too homely for the part. Never got what people see in her looks.

Homely? Have you seen Penny dreadful?

Back to Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Homely? Have you seen Penny dreadful?

Back to Betsy
    No and why would it matter? Unless she wears a mask in it her face wouldn't look any better to me, but beauty is subjective and all that jazz.