Page 744 of 820 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Because nebulous is an AMAZING word.
    It is indeed!

That website and The TV Tropes site are amazing, especially if you have a day off to read lol.
    I did have the day off and do again!

I've been glossing through the first stories of Captain Britain lately and the first appearances of Betsy. For someone who thought monsters had killed her brothers, her first instinct was to kill them instead of screaming in fear and run away. Even physically tackling a "monster". The girl had some cojones from the start.

It's cute to see Betsy during her "innocent" days. Jamie too before he became a villain and a nutter.

This one looks hot! Thanks PsychicSion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    It is indeed!

I did have the day off and do again!

I've been glossing through the first stories of Captain Britain lately and the first appearances of Betsy. For someone who thought monsters had killed her brothers, her first instinct was to kill them instead of screaming in fear and run away. Even physically tackling a "monster". The girl had some cojones from the start.

It's cute to see Betsy during her "innocent" days. Jamie too before he became a villain and a nutter.
    Love that the first thing she did was try to murder them lol. ��
    This set up the "Easily turned against her friends" mind control trope she would constantly suffer every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    That is FIRE!! I want Jean to get that Phoenix imagery back. Betsy looks great!

Hey Taz, what would you call whatever Psylocke did to make an outfit for herself out of thin air? Materialization?

All-New Member

That’s definitely the best cover so far. I love this take on Betsy’s new costume, it looks much better than the original design with the shoulders exposed. It looks more balanced and practicale.

BANNED

Her hair looks too dark.

BANNED

That's Poster status right there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    That is FIRE!! I want Jean to get that Phoenix imagery back. Betsy looks great!

Hey Taz, what would you call whatever Psylocke did to make an outfit for herself out of thin air? Materialization?
    If I was writing it, she would have appeared naked. But I give it handwave status since it's a PG-13 book. It's one of those "Don't think too hard on it!" type situations.
    Some readers will over analyze it, me I just handwave it for rating's sake. But if I was writing it, she'd have been nude.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Her hair looks too dark.
    It's the lighting.

My favorite team shot so far. My favorite variant is still the action figure one but this one is great.

But if I was writing it, she'd have been nude.
    I would've put her in whatever Sapphire Styx was wearing.

We've seen several examples of Psylocke telepathically accessing and utilizing others' powers, and we all know she takes on skills and strengths of those her mind supplants. We're told that Sapphire Styx absorbs souls to fund her lifespan, youth, and overall physiology. As Psylocke was absorbed by Styx' powers, she clearly had the telepathic prowess to co-opt Styx entirely, utilize Styx' powers, and fund the reconstitution of her own original body using Styx' body as material. The clothes on Styx would've been on the "new" body.

But then, the artist' wouldn't have been able to fully distinguish between the two caucasian females in the same dress, and people would've been confused thinking Psylocke was now piloting Styx' body... which is what we all assumed would happen before we read the last MiM issue.

The latest cover looks great. I definitely prefer this type of neckline on her costume. Best cover so far.

Ultimate Member

The suit looks better on that cover but yet I still don't like that look at all, before the change Asian Betsy had some good outfits and such imho...this one just looks like something generic that they came up with in like five minutes...

If I was writing it, she would have appeared naked. But I give it handwave status since it's a PG-13 book. It's one of those "Don't think too hard on it!" type situations.
    Some readers will over analyze it, me I just handwave it for rating's sake. But if I was writing it, she'd have been nude.
    As a former fashion model, that would have been a handy power to have.

I agree with others that Betsy's v-line looks better here.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

In pretty much EVERY major system of game and most forms of Sci-FI story telling. I write a lot of it also, and from the game modules. Soul Energy is a form of Psionics in its own right. You can control anothers essence and their powers by way of your own Willpower.
    You can sense and detect Astral Energy, you can entrap and push people into and out of the Astral if they have no training or way to combat you or resist you.
    You can summon the souls of the dead.
    You can Psychometrically read the past energy of the souls in an area.
    You create a Soul/Karma shield to protect your essence.
    You can ethereally create bodies from Etheric energy, some permanent some temporary.

You don't need TK AT ALL to do any of what psylocke did in MiM.

Here's a website with a list of powers from various media that I use when I create villains or heroes in my various stories..

Look at the Ressurection power under Soul power.

Soul_Manipulation

leads to

Resurrection

leading finally to

Respawning- THIS is what Psylocke did to herself

As a writer, I research a lot more things than the average fan, it's not to brag, but to show, that in the right hands anything is possible.
    You need to have imagination, and the need/want to do the research for your projects.

I just created a new character for Publishing on Metrobay Comics named Mindweb, she's a Telepathic Psychiatrist with a love of Spiders, and uses a variety of "Psychic Webs" to influence a small radius of people or a single person.

I researched a **** ton of web types, and the ways they are generated to create her, I knew jack crap about spiders before then except being bitten by a few lol.

If you want to see what I mean by me being a writer and all this research I do. I didn't know JACK about Rituals and such, even after dating a Wiccan. So I looked it up.

A Warning from a VERY petty Girl!

A story about Chess I wrote and was picked up to be read on Youtube by Clancypasta. I had to do a LOT of research on chess, and didn't use half of it lol.

Very interesting. Thanks for the explanation! I definitely didn’t understand the soul power before. This clears it up.