Page 713 of 820 FirstFirst ... 213613663703709710711712713714715716717723763813 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,695 of 12295
    Ultimate Member

Well it's kind of a mess with the body meld or swap or whatever...not sure, maybe she gets that costume as it's the one that she wore the longest and that she didn't wear other outfits that long...or something...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well it's kind of a mess with the body meld or swap or whatever...not sure, maybe she gets that costume as it's the one that she wore the longest and that she didn't wear other outfits that long...or something...
    Logan has a point here guys. The bathing suit outfit (and it's variations) has been what she has worn for the longest time. Even when she is redesigned, they end up reverting her to something similar to the bathing suit. Anka gave her a full body, black and white outfit, and then she reverted to a purple version of the bathing suit, except with pants. It had cut outs instead of straps. However it was similar. Then after that she went to the Bunn dark purple with pink striped one. However, she didn't wear that one very long, since she has recently changed bodies.

She's never stuck around in an outfit that wasn't derivative of the bathing suit long enough.

I believe it was Taz that mentioned Brian has gotten toys and statues in different outfits. Aren't all if not most of his costumes all basically the same? To me someone like Brian's costumes are all similar enough, that if someone makes a toy/statue of him in any of his variations, it still screams "Captain Britain" because of the color scheme, mask and thick color blocking.

With that said, sure toy makers could use the pant version with cut outs and it should still read "Psylocke". Then again, she's never in a new outfit long enough before she's reverted. Can't wait to see what new statues we get now that she's in a Caucasian body again.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 09-14-2018 at 06:06 AM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I'm hopeful but I've just been burned one to many times in that respect to get to hopeful...as for the outfit I'm guessing that it's because the outfit would draw people's attention and it's her best known look...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I know it wasn't directed at you in particular. It's just ridiculous that only SHE gets stuck in the same suit in everything.
    I agree with Logan that her Jim Lee look is the most iconic. The badass, ninja craze from the 80s definitely took flight and as a kid I loved every moment of that era.

BUT, I agree Taz that it sucks that she often gets stuck in the 90s Jim Lee costume.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

The meaning behind the butterfly definitely fits Elizabeth:

Throughout all the world, the ephemeral beauty of the butterfly is a universal symbol of transformation.

From caterpillar to chrysalis to the winged and magical beauty that is a butterfly (originally called a "flutter-by"), they symbolize our eternal capacity for transformation into our unique highest potential "The Butterfly Effect" is a contemporary saying, meaning "new paradigm" ways of thinking and being in an evolving world. To bear the talisman of the Butterfly is to affirm a continual process of transformation and evolution, personally, and collectively.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    The meaning behind the butterfly definitely fits Elizabeth:

Throughout all the world, the ephemeral beauty of the butterfly is a universal symbol of transformation.

From caterpillar to chrysalis to the winged and magical beauty that is a butterfly (originally called a "flutter-by"), they symbolize our eternal capacity for transformation into our unique highest potential "The Butterfly Effect" is a contemporary saying, meaning "new paradigm" ways of thinking and being in an evolving world. To bear the talisman of the Butterfly is to affirm a continual process of transformation and evolution, personally, and collectively.
    Love it!!

I also love that every now and then, we get to see a giant butterfly effect from Betsy when she really goes all out with her powers.

Thanks to Remender for starting that!!

P.S. I'd also like to see the little psychic butterflies again like she created in Soule's Astonishing X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Logan has a point here guys. The bathing suit outfit (and it's variations) has been what she has worn for the longest time. Even when she is redesigned, they end up reverting her to something similar to the bathing suit. Anka gave her a full body, black and white outfit, and then she reverted to a purple version of the bathing suit, except with pants. It had cut outs instead of straps. However it was similar. Then after that she went to the Bunn dark purple with pink striped one. However, she didn't wear that one very long, since she has recently changed bodies.

She's never stuck around in an outfit that wasn't derivative of the bathing suit long enough.

I believe it was Taz that mentioned Brian has gotten toys and statues in different outfits. Aren't all if not most of his costumes all basically the same? To me someone like Brian's costumes are all similar enough, that if someone makes a toy/statue of him in any of his variations, it still screams "Captain Britain" because of the color scheme, mask and thick color blocking.

With that said, sure toy makers could use the pant version with cut outs and it should still read "Psylocke". Then again, she's never in a new outfit long enough before she's reverted. Can't wait to see what new statues we get now that she's in a Caucasian body again.
    I dont see a problem with that. How many variations of the white/green hoodie has Rogue worn? Or Storm with her black Alan Davis design? Wolverine's classic yellow/blue? Gambit and that trenchcoat? Every popular character gets variations of their iconic suits. Betsy hasnt been in the Jim Lee bathing suit in years and what she's had has been far more tasteful. I dont think it really matters if her recent ones had a similar design bc they've been different

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    P.S. I'd also like to see the little psychic butterflies again like she created in Soule's Astonishing X-men.
    Agreed! Quick psychic messages when she's in danger and doesn't know where her teammates are. That was pretty brilliant.

BANNED

Not really. Here's just a couple of the ones released thatI have.
    He literally has more toys than her, and more outfits than her. But I keep hearing that SHE'S more popular than he is. Lol.

Last edited by Tazirai; 09-14-2018 at 02:55 PM.

BANNED

Literally the ONLY non-ninja Psylocke figures we ever got were these lol.

When customs like this sell for 400-500 a pop.

BANNED

Hell I'd take a couple of these over the Jim Lee outfit every time.

Yes I know he made this also. But the Lady M suit was a BRAND NEW Costume, not an Elektra clone.
    You're telling me she's more popular and has fewer toys and Statues than her brother?

Ultimate Member

Well female figures often don't sell as well or can be tricky to sell so it'd take more to have different variations I think...though the whole butterfly thing could work easily for the Asian body as well...in going from English to Asian...didn't they use that about the time that Revanche left her bionic eyes to Betsy...

BANNED

Well female figures often don't sell as well or can be tricky to sell so it'd take more to have different variations I think...though the whole butterfly thing could work easily for the Asian body as well...in going from English to Asian...didn't they use that about the time that Revanche left her bionic eyes to Betsy...
    Female figures Sell EXCEEDINGLY well. I work part-time in retail, and the figures people buy the most are the female ones because they THINK they don't sell. But in actuality, they sell really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Not really. Here's just a couple of the ones released thatI have.
    He literally has more toys than her, and more outfits than her. But I keep hearing that SHE'S more popular than he is. Lol.

Taz, love ya buddy...but what do you mean by 'no really?'. I'm not quite as vocal as some other members, so I'm not sure if you know where I personally stand on the Ninja outfit: I like it, I think it's her most popular outfit, but I'm not married to it. My personal favorite Psylocke outfit is Kris Anka's X-Force outfit. Followed by Salvador Larroca's version of the Ninja outfit.

So I'm not arguing that she should continue being showcased in toys, games, etc in the Ninja-Bathing suit. All I'm saying is that was the outfit she wore the longest, and that artist keep going back to.

Now onto Captain Britain. I will definitely argue that Psylocke is more popular than Captain Britain, especially outside of the UK. I don't have any proof of this, but I would assume the reason Brian has more toys than Psylocke is Brian is the main character of Excalibur and Marvel UK's biggest character. As the staple piece for that market, it makes sense for him to get more merchandise. Psylocke, while introduced in Marvel UK is more recognizable as a mainstay X-Men character. Because of that she has to compete with the other top tier X-Men/X-Women when it comes to merchandise.

I wouldn't look at toys and hold Brian's winning in the toy market over Psylocke as a clear indicator that Captain Britain is more popular than Psylocke. Psylocke has appeared in almost every X-Men video game, has appeared in 2 out of 3 of the X-Men cartoons, and 2 out of 6 Main X-Men movies. Psylocke is featured in Marvel video games more frequently than Brian.

Also of the 4/5 Captain Britain figures you posted, only 1 is wildly different. The one that is mostly red, is the only one I think people would look at an not automatically know it was Captain Britain. The other ones are as I described before, very similar with the Flag Color scheme and color blocking and same mask shape. There are small variations, but all very very similar from one to the next.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Love it!!

I also love that every now and then, we get to see a giant butterfly effect from Betsy when she really goes all out with her powers.

Thanks to Remender for starting that!!

The little psychic butterflies was my favorite party of Soule’s run.

BANNED

Taz, love ya buddy...but what do you mean by 'no really?'. I'm not quite as vocal as some other members, so I'm not sure if you know where I personally stand on the Ninja outfit: I like it, I think it's her most popular outfit, but I'm not married to it. My personal favorite Psylocke outfit is Kris Anka's X-Force outfit. Followed by Salvador Larroca's version of the Ninja outfit.

So I'm not arguing that she should continue being showcased in toys, games, etc in the Ninja-Bathing suit. All I'm saying is that was the outfit she wore the longest, and that artist keep going back to.

Now onto Captain Britain. I will definitely argue that Psylocke is more popular than Captain Britain, especially outside of the UK. I don't have any proof of this, but I would assume the reason Brian has more toys than Psylocke is Brian is the main character of Excalibur and Marvel UK's biggest character. As the staple piece for that market, it makes sense for him to get more merchandise. Psylocke, while introduced in Marvel UK is more recognizable as a mainstay X-Men character. Because of that she has to compete with the other top tier X-Men/X-Women when it comes to merchandise.

I wouldn't look at toys and hold Brian's winning in the toy market over Psylocke as a clear indicator that Captain Britain is more popular than Psylocke. Psylocke has appeared in almost every X-Men video game, has appeared in 2 out of 3 of the X-Men cartoons, and 2 out of 6 Main X-Men movies. Psylocke is featured in Marvel video games more frequently than Brian.

Also of the 4/5 Captain Britain figures you posted, only 1 is wildly different. The one that is mostly red, is the only one I think people would look at an not automatically know it was Captain Britain. The other ones are as I described before, very similar with the Flag Color scheme and color blocking and same mask shape. There are small variations, but all very very similar from one to the next.
    I should have bolded this part.(I'll go back and Bold it so as not to confuse others.) The Not Really part has to do with Brians looks. Most of his costumes are colored the same, and has resemblances to each other, but Brian isn't a character that changes frequently. His sister does, and he even got a toy with his Two Classic Looks, and a Look based on a more "grounded" style.

While yes Psylocke does have to compete with the X-men, and for full context Dazzler and Polaris have just gotten decent Marvel Legends figures. But for someone as "Popular" why not give her 1-2 figures with a classic and modern look?
    I'm sure with the new show Polari's popularity is sky rocketing beyond just the comics. Dazzler after her own series has never really been treated with respect. But you'd expect someone like Psylocke to have at least one other alternate look.

I'd have to research it, but is this the first or second Rogue figure in the line?
    Lol, do we acually need anymore Wolverine variations, when other X-characters should get them?
    He pretty much warms the shelves at most outlets.

I'm not trying to say Brian is "winning" per say, just that With the representation and variations of Psylockes costumery over the years, and her appearances, she should have at least one alternate costume.

It's also not just her, but I think I'm just over the Jim Lee Era. It's been like 20+ years and most of the team have moved on from the looks of Lee, some more successful than others. But she keeps getting put back in Elektras costume. Hell even Elektra move on lol.

That's all. I'm not hyped or upset. I'd just like to see some variation. Hell, When I walk into a store and See Wolverine, I immediately just gloss over him. So many other more interesting characters, yet Hasbro thinks we need more of him...

Maybe their Analytics show it, but I'd like other looks for not only Psylocke but others too. Nostalgia works for a time, but gets kinda old after no new updates or changes.

Hope that cleared things up?