Page 642 of 820 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652692742 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though if Kwannon came around there'd be people calling her Psylocke and Betsy since she's been the Asian look for so long, the Asian version is still the one that people know best and right now she's basically killed Styxx and taken over/stolen her body...maybe Styxx isn't dead and will one day take her body back or something like that...
    That is whole lot of speculation just wait until the story comes out to see if this case. What if Styxx is clone of original Psylocke? What if the story opens up other silly way for to get back her body? I am not saying your wrong but lets see first

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I was just about to post this lol.

Here's Claremont Interview with how he felt about Psylockes change in his own words.

Claremont’s Consequences: Discussing “Asian Betsy” in 2018
    How does CC not even know what transpired? Does anyone even read the comics or just judge the material from a cover......

There’s a new CBR article regarding our bae Psylocke. You should read it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Love all the attention Betts is getting. So much to explore for the next writer handling her (hopefully the new Uncanny team)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    There’s a new CBR article regarding our bae Psylocke. You should read it.
    Wish the author could've made up their mind whether it's a good idea or not.

I wish he would have done both pro and con...instead of stating that it "might" be bad. But whatever.

Taz - Our Lady Glorianna is definitely a butterfly!

8 more days before we finally have the big answer to this situation. How do you all think Betsy will feel about looking more like her original self again? Will she look at this as a way to do things over, so to speak? Will she be numb to the change since she's been back and forth between both bodies and taunted multiple times with the return of her original form?

From her perspective, is her current Eurasian body a literal reminder of being manipulated by others? Or will her original form remind her of past failures and not feeling adequate enough when compared to her brothers or other X-men?

Anyone a Game of Thrones fan? I had a thought that child Betsy (from what we've seen in flashbacks, most notably Acts of Vengeance) reminds me of Arya Stark in the first season? She had a sense of adventure and was a tomboy, which were the qualities that were seen in young Betsy. Jamie was the eldest and the cool one with the flashy cars and the flashy girls while Brian was the smartest, taking after their father. She had to forge her own path, much like Arya. Similarly, events in both of their lives led them down dark paths and ended up as killers.
    Last edited by Drey; 08-14-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Yu makes the costume look good and the colors are better here

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    This interview really highlights the power the consumer/fans had over creative decisions. If there had been a great backlash against ‘Asian Psylocke’ she would have gone back to being white straight away, but there wasn’t so it stayed.
    Because it really has been a non-issue until recently when it seems like a whole bunch of non-asian people decided they were offended for us and started demanding this change.

I'm very disappointed by the direction they went in. I always connected to Psylocke as a mixed asian with a complicated ethnic, racial and cultural background. Now we have another bland totally caucasian character because people (seemingly a lot of non-asians too) want to simplify characters into boxes of what they deem to be acceptable representations of asians. They should have just made her officially biracial as a true meld of Betsy and Kwannon. People with complicated backgrounds exist (although these are comics so its amplified x100) and this is basically erasure of those individuals IMO. Only people with clean and simple to understand backgrounds are now apparently acceptable.
    Last edited by TurboTaj; 08-14-2018 at 12:54 PM.

I can't wait for Jean and Betsy to interact. It's been such a long time since she was a member of the main core X-team. I'm so excited.

I wonder if when Psylocke returns to her British body, will she lose her teke? I have a feeling telepathy will be her sole power. I’ve never really warmed to Psylocke as a telekinetic. I mean, as a ninja, possessing such powerful telekinetic abilities seemed kinda odd for Betsy. A ninja whose main form of combat is melee, telekinesis which could “shatter mountains” just seemed to kinda be off-course for her power-set. I mean, she’s performed some pretty badass feats as a telekinetic ninja but going forward I would love to see her written solely as a telepath. I would rather see her telepathy focused on & developed further as her sole power rather than possessing both abilities. Also, judging by the UXM cover that was released today w/her AND Jean, I doubt they’d include 2 tps/tekes on the team... What are your guys thoughts?? Would you like to see Betsy solely as a telepath or would you like her to retain her telekinesis? Regardless, I’m super-excited for this new chapter in Betsy’s story.

Yeah, the costume looks great on that cover and the black definitely needs to be there to offset the pink/lavender. My enjoyment of it will surely be based on artist/colorist renditions.

That said, a great line-up of a team and one I hope has a lot of interaction during the Disassembled event. I always enjoy Bishop/Betsy and Betsy/Ororo and it'll be interesting to see her talking with Jean again. Hope she brings up that time she slapped her. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I can't wait for Jean and Betsy to interact. It's been such a long time since she was a member of the main core X-team. I'm so excited.
    She and Jean havent been on the same team since the mid 90s over 20 years ago! Its been a long time since we got any meaningful interaction between them. Maybe someone will write the story about how they swapped powers...lol

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    Because it really has been a non-issue until recently when it seems like a whole bunch of non-asian people decided they were offended for us and started demanding this change.

I'm very disappointed by the direction they went in. I always connected to Psylocke as a mixed asian with a complicated ethnic, racial and cultural background. Now we have another bland totally caucasian character because people (seemingly a lot of non-asians too) want to simplify characters into boxes of what they deem to be acceptable representations of asians. They should have just made her officially biracial as a true meld of Betsy and Kwannon. People with complicated backgrounds exist (although these are comics so its amplified x100) and this is basically erasure of those individuals IMO. Only people with clean and simple to understand backgrounds are now apparently acceptable.
    This is basically what happens when people start viewing characters as a series of check boxes that a quota needs to be filled for rather than the bases for good stories to be told. It’s not as if they ever actually pushed Psylocke as a representation of Asian characters to begin with. It was just another case of weird comic book science. People complain that she became a ninja after being out in the body. That was later explained in that she had basically become a melding of herself and Kwannan who was herself an assassin and as when someone melds with another, they tend to pick up on some of their skills. Not even like being a ninja is an Asian only thing in the MU as the likes of Wolverine, Daredevil and Elektra show. Hell are people going to next complain about Iron Fist because of how much of the Iron Fist mythology is dipped in clearly Asian based culture yet he’s a blonde haired Caucasian man? Where does it end once you start rolling the ball?

Beautiful cover,but Jean and Betsy sharing spots in a team book is next to impossible sadly.Hopefully,they'll give them some decent amount of panel time side by side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This is basically what happens when people start viewing characters as a series of check boxes that a quota needs to be filled for rather than the bases for good stories to be told. It’s not as if they ever actually pushed Psylocke as a representation of Asian characters to begin with. It was just another case of weird comic book science. People complain that she became a ninja after being out in the body. That was later explained in that she had basically become a melding of herself and Kwannan who was herself an assassin and as when someone melds with another, they tend to pick up on some of their skills. Not even like being a ninja is an Asian only thing in the MU as the likes of Wolverine, Daredevil and Elektra show. Hell are people going to next complain about Iron Fist because of how much of the Iron Fist mythology is dipped in clearly Asian based culture yet he’s a blonde haired Caucasian man? Where does it end once you start rolling the ball?
    You're preaching to the choir.

Never mind the fact Psylocke in all her incarnations has been far more convincing as European representation in American comics than the likes of Nightcrawler and Colossus,as far as the X-Men universe goes at least.But yeah,race>>>ethnicity in some folks' minds...