Page 727 of 820 FirstFirst ... 227627677717723724725726727728729730731737777 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not the first time. When Revanche died and her full powers and personality were restored, Nicieza started the process of giving her development both power and personality-wise (she was reading Gambit without trying and he's supposed to have good psychic shields & her psychic katana/sword/rapier composed of TP energy blocked objects at least twice), but then it was interrupted by Age of Apocalypse. When that storyline ended, she showed up just in time to get gutted by Sabretooth and was shipped off to limbo and sidelined until Crimson Dawn. After that she got a quick two issues in (amazing story for her though) during Psi-War and then thrown in limbo again. She was detrimental in helping Logan fight his Death persona for two issues and then she was sent back to limbo. Then supposedly Jean tried to help her with the Shadow King, but that was off panel during the six month gap.

There was definitely a habit of throwing her in limbo or cutting her development off in favor of some type of big event.
    Heck Kwannon's introduction was interrupted by Fatal Attractions and almost immediately by Blood Ties. By the time Nicieza got breathing room to write for her, it was to set up her death

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Heck Kwannon's introduction was interrupted by Fatal Attractions and almost immediately by Blood Ties. By the time Nicieza got breathing room to write for her, it was to set up her death
    Very true!! #justiceforkwannon #justiceforbetsy

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Has there been any word on when or if Kwannon will show back up and in what capacity? Or is it something that will be left open for a new writer to pick up?

I would really like to see her show up and have an interaction with Betsy. Clear the air, and establish each as their own independent person.
    It seems pretty open ended right now. If she gets a solo or mini, i’m 90% sure Kwannon will be featured.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I just asked about this on Twitter. I hope he responds.

Update:

Attachment 71143

Better than no response.
    Uncanny will probably deal with it in some way.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Betts will NOT be in Extermination per Ed Brisson via Twitter - I just asked him

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    It seems pretty open ended right now. If she gets a solo or mini, i’m 90% sure Kwannon will be featured.

Uncanny will probably deal with it in some way.
    Rats, I kind of figured. It's par for the course for her unfortunately. Very rarely are her actions or consequences of actions done to her ever fleshed out or explored beyond "it happened".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats my point. You made judgements about how little she would be utilized based on leaked images but now that she is undeniably the focal point of one, you say it doesnt matter. How about we wait till the stuff plays out before we rule her out?
    Being on the cover doesn't mean that she'll be the focal point necessarily...I actually don't even think about pairing either with anybody else...people's opinions about the pairing being boring and outdated is attacking the pairing, and I've never once gone after another poster like other posters have gone after me, I've been called, dumb, blind, stupid, deaf, an idiot, told to gtfo in other threads...

As for Betsy revisiting it over time could just be code to a hair's width of development at a time, a slow and painful development...and any development that she gets over time may or may not have much to do with the second bodyswap...change...

You have such bad tunnel vision. I don’t even think you get or understand how you come off. And literally re read what you just posted. What’s your zodiac sign?

I get annoyed by your statements but I’m also curious and facinated by how you stick to your perspective and see nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Being on the cover doesn't mean that she'll be the focal point necessarily...I actually don't even think about pairing either with anybody else...people's opinions about the pairing being boring and outdated is attacking the pairing, and I've never once gone after another poster like other posters have gone after me, I've been called, dumb, blind, stupid, deaf, an idiot, told to gtfo in other threads...

As for Betsy revisiting it over time could just be code to a hair's width of development at a time, a slow and painful development...and any development that she gets over time may or may not have much to do with the second bodyswap...change...
    She’s the focal point of that cover. Your earlier statements dismissed her bc she was merely background material or absent

You have such bad tunnel vision. I don’t even think you get or understand how you come off. And literally re read what you just posted. What’s your zodiac sign?

I get annoyed by your statements but I’m also curious and facinated by how you stick to your perspective and see nothing else.
    I’m inclined to say an earth sign. If I had to guess Taurus
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-21-2018 at 04:44 PM.

But I’m a Taurus <3

So is Betsy I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not the first time. When Revanche died and her full powers and personality were restored, Nicieza started the process of giving her development both power and personality-wise (she was reading Gambit without trying and he's supposed to have good psychic shields & her psychic katana/sword/rapier composed of TP energy blocked objects at least twice), but then it was interrupted by Age of Apocalypse. When that storyline ended, she showed up just in time to get gutted by Sabretooth and was shipped off to limbo and sidelined until Crimson Dawn. After that she got a quick two issues in (amazing story for her though) during Psi-War and then thrown in limbo again. She was detrimental in helping Logan fight his Death persona for two issues and then she was sent back to limbo. Then supposedly Jean tried to help her with the Shadow King, but that was off panel during the six month gap.

There was definitely a habit of throwing her in limbo or cutting her development off in favor of some type of big event.
    I agree with this. She gets a quick showing, gets hurt or something then shuffled off to limbo. I'm hoping finally being in the flagship book again she gets the focus deserving her without character assassination.

One of the things I loved back when she was on the path to being the leader of the team. It got dropped in favour of the Acts of Vengeance, and we know what that led to lol.

Ultimate Member

The cover against doesn't mean that she'll get most or all of the issue, sure she could but we don't know yet, as for the rest of it all of that was before the cover came out so you can't mesh them together and say that I said that about the cover and what we've seen so far...for the record I'm an Aries in the traditional zodiac and sheep in the Chinese zodiac...just an odd combination...and I could say that if I have tunnel vision...then I'm not alone...

You have such bad tunnel vision. I don’t even think you get or understand how you come off. And literally re-read what you just posted. What’s your zodiac sign?I get annoyed by your statements but I’m also curious and facinated by how you stick to your perspective and see nothing else.
    Logan is just unpleasant. You can't have a healthy discussion without victim blaming or attacking anyone because they have different opinions to a character they like. If you want to see how toxic it gets go to the Angel Aerie thread on page 75-76 where we were suggesting characters for Angel to interact with and Logan went bonkers. It happens constantly there as it does here. You can't say anything without Logan attacking you for even suggesting something for a character. It has gotten to the point that I have been completely turned off by AngelxBetsy because of it and don't see any good coming from them being together. Still waiting for Logan to bring out evidence with the specific thread, poster, and page about how they have been "attacked". It feels like you are talking to those anti- sjw or insert gate people. They just talk in circles and claim stuff that never happened. If it did there would of been a lot of reported and banned posters. For once I would like to have a discussion where we can nicely agree or disagree different points and move on to the next thing or depending how many topics there are in a single thread.
    Last edited by Izanami; 09-21-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I agree with this. She gets a quick showing, gets hurt or something then shuffled off to limbo. I'm hoping finally being in the flagship book again she gets the focus deserving her without character assassination. One of the things I loved back when she was on the path to being the leader of the team. It got dropped in favour of the Acts of Vengeance, and we know what that led to lol.
    I wonder what other characters, particularly women, were treated like this during the 90's. 90's Betsy was horribly treated compared to her 80's version when first coming from the X-men. It left an awful taste in my both and made me realized as a teen that the only thing she had going for her was her body. Everything else felt like an after thought. That changed for me when Remender (before UA and you guys are aware of how I feel about that) came on board during X-Force and wrote a Betsy i've been wanting to see. After that things just kept opening for her with other books and writers even if it was subpar. At least there was no more getting knocked out or insert some sort of western asian stereotype. Not sure what your thoughts are about it. Disagree or Agree Tazirai?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Logan is just unpleasant. You can't have a healthy discussion without victim blaming or attacking anyone because they have different opinions to a character they like. If you want to see how toxic it gets go to the Angel Aerie thread on page 75-76 where we were suggesting characters for Angel to interact with and Logan went bonkers. It happens constantly there as it does here. You can't say anything without Logan attacking you for even suggesting something for a character. It has gotten to the point that I have been completely turned off by AngelxBetsy because of it and don't see any good coming from them being together. Still waiting for Logan to bring out evidence with the specific thread, poster, and page about how they have been "attacked". It feels like you are talking to those anti- sjw or insert gate people. They just talk in circles and claim stuff that never happened. If it did there would of been a lot of reported and banned posters. For once I would like to have a discussion where we can nicely agree or disagree different points and move on to the next thing or depending how many topics there are in a single thread.
    When did I blame a victim, to do that I'd have to call them out by name...I didn't go bonkers and it was not about suggesting who Warren should interact with but whom he should date, there's a difference...it was earlier in this thread about the pairing being attacked...just ignored by some here, and that's light compared to other threads...and if I'm unpleasant then what does that make some others here...

Not everyone is going to agree on everything...actually it was the 90's that got me to love Betsy, not the entire decade mind you and her body was only her starting point...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I wonder what other characters, particularly women, were treated like this during the 90's. 90's Betsy was horribly treated compared to her 80's version when first coming from the X-men. It left an awful taste in my both and made me realized as a teen that the only thing she had going for her was her body. Everything else felt like an after thought.
    No.

She was quite underused,yes,but hardly without personality.If you're truly interested in a horribly treated Psylocke,try the Claremont version from 2000 all the way up to 2009.