Page 714 of 820 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 12295
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can’t wait to see all of the pretty David Yardin commissions with Psylocke in her new body.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    The meaning behind the butterfly definitely fits Elizabeth:

Throughout all the world, the ephemeral beauty of the butterfly is a universal symbol of transformation.

From caterpillar to chrysalis to the winged and magical beauty that is a butterfly (originally called a "flutter-by"), they symbolize our eternal capacity for transformation into our unique highest potential "The Butterfly Effect" is a contemporary saying, meaning "new paradigm" ways of thinking and being in an evolving world. To bear the talisman of the Butterfly is to affirm a continual process of transformation and evolution, personally, and collectively.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Love it!!

I also love that every now and then, we get to see a giant butterfly effect from Betsy when she really goes all out with her powers.

Thanks to Remender for starting that!!

P.S. I'd also like to see the little psychic butterflies again like she created in Soule's Astonishing X-men.
    Love the giant butterfly. I really need to see it again. I can’t remember the little psychic butterflies? Did they appear later in the run?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see a problem with that. How many variations of the white/green hoodie has Rogue worn? Or Storm with her black Alan Davis design? Wolverine's classic yellow/blue? Gambit and that trenchcoat? Every popular character gets variations of their iconic suits. Betsy hasnt been in the Jim Lee bathing suit in years and what she's had has been far more tasteful. I dont think it really matters if her recent ones had a similar design bc they've been different
    Agreed.

BANNED

Finally saw Crazy Rich Asians yesterday. While the film was pretty formulaic I did enjoy it.

But what I did enjoy (and the reason I'm posting here) is there were certain scenes primarily involving Jing Lisu and Gemma Chan when my skin just tingled with excitement. The Asian features, lovely British accent and lady like poise and all I could think was Psylocke!
    Last edited by Mia; 09-15-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Finally saw Crazy Rich Asians yesterday. While the film was pretty formulaic I did enjoy it.

But what I did enjoy (and the reason I'm posting here) is there were certain scenes primarily involving Jing Lisu and Gemma Chan when my skin just tingled with excitement. The Asian features, lovely British accent and lady like poise and all I could think was Psylocke!
    My heart hurts thinking of what a great Psylocke Gemma could’ve been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

Loved that film, such a good fun tale.
    It's funny that TWO British Gemma's would have been great as Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Love them. ♥️

So when Marvel reboots the X-Men franchise, do you think we’ll get Betsy in an X-film or a Captain Britain movie first?

As a Captain Britain fan I have to say I do not see a CB film happening in the near future, no matter the current (unsubstantiated) rumours. X-Men is money in the bank, and I think Betsy has a good chance of being in the roster, provided the whole race controversy doesn't make the studio uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    As a Captain Britain fan I have to say I do not see a CB film happening in the near future, no matter the current (unsubstantiated) rumours. X-Men is money in the bank, and I think Betsy has a good chance of being in the roster, provided the whole race controversy doesn't make the studio uncomfortable.
    True, but the same could be said regarding GotG, Ant-Man, and a couple of the other risks the studios have taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post

Love the giant butterfly. I really need to see it again. I can’t remember the little psychic butterflies? Did they appear later in the run?
    They appeared in the first issue of the run when Betsy was suddenly attacked by the Shadow King. She instinctively created them (as she didn't have time to psychically scan for and call for help since everything happened so fast) and they flew to find the nearest X-men around to help her.

I nerded out and I think the furthest butterfly traveled close to 500 miles which was where Warren was.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    They appeared in the first issue of the run when Betsy was suddenly attacked by the Shadow King. She instinctively created them (as she didn't have time to psychically scan for and call for help since everything happened so fast) and they flew to find the nearest X-men around to help her.

I nerded out and I think the furthest butterfly traveled close to 500 miles which was where Warren was.
    Oh yeah! That was so cool. They were like messenger pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    So when Marvel reboots the X-Men franchise, do you think we’ll get Betsy in an X-film or a Captain Britain movie first?
    I’m guessing a CB movie first.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    When Psylocke starts appearing in Marvel movies she’ll probably be either White or born Asian/Eurasian instead of transformed/swapped that way, so I don’t think the race controversy will be a factor.

The thing about Marvel’s X-men movies is that when do they start making one they’re almost certainly going to use Jean or Emma and Charles as the team telepaths in the first movie. So even if the X-men movies start coming out first, I think it will be awhile until we see Psylocke in one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Personally, they should do Captain Britain and Excalibur (Yes that's my name for the TV show, not the movie.)
    They should focus HEAVILY on the Mystical side of the Braddock Family, and not make Psylocke a Mutant until much later.
    I want some great development in the characters, let the BBC finance it in conjunction with Disney.

Then Have Psylocke make the leap to the X-men after discovering she may indeed be a mutant. Either from the movie or the show, like Clark Greg.

Mylene Jampanoi has become my new go to for Psylocke. Because while she looks Caucasian, she's actually half French Breton and half Chinese. Perfect for either.
    Mylene+Jampanoi+Celebs+Closing+Deauville+Film+JrwYCDcaIdFl.jpg
    Mylene+Jampanoi+Paris+Fashion+Week+Spring+xEb8X24Htk1l.jpg
    Mylene+Jampanoi+Cannes+Marie+Antoinette+Premiere+yO8Kz-ioNA6l.jpg
    Last edited by Tazirai; 09-16-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Personally, they should do Captain Britain and Excalibur (Yes that's my name for the TV show, not the movie.)
    They should focus HEAVILY on the Mystical side of the Braddock Family, and not make Psylocke a Mutant until much later.
    I want some great development in the characters, let the BBC finance it in conjunction with Disney.

Then Have Psylocke make the leap to the X-men after discovering she may indeed be a mutant. Either from the movie or the show, like Clark Greg.
    What do you think of them introducing STRIKE and using Betsy in a supporting role across multiple films the way they use Maria Hill?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What do you think of them introducing STRIKE and using Betsy in a supporting role across multiple films the way they use Maria Hill?
    STRIKE (Special Tactical Reserve for International Key Emergencies) has actually already been introduced. As has Lancelot (Lance) Hunter.r So the setup is there.
    Trivia
    In the comics, S.T.R.I.K.E. was a British organization directed by Lance Hunter and analogous to S.H.I.E.L.D., its name being an acronym for Special Tactical Reserve for International Key Emergencies.
    The way I'd do it is to have Lance Hunter leave SHIELD to Reform STRIKE in England as an extension of the American Branch. Have Captain Britain be their Analog to Captain America, and like you said Use Elizabeth as the Maria Hill of the Shows and Movies.
    I know people like Ninjas, I do too. But man Psylocke can be so much more than Ninja Chick.

I can't read a comic with Black Widow, but I love what Scarlet Johanson has done with her. I DESPISE Maria Hill in the Books but love what she's done in the films. Hahahaha, sorry for the bolding, I despise Comics Maria that much.

I imagine her leading missions with small Psi-Ops and Tactical teams to tackle not only Smugglers, Ringers, Slavers, etc. But going up against the likes of the weird with Jim Jaspers. I'd bring in Agent Gabriel, and Tom Lennox.
    Have them have to contend with not only the Jaspers Warp, but the Warpie kids.

Season two after some build up in Season one. Have them Go full on King Arthur and have her become the Butterfly. There's so much potential beyond hot ninja babe.