Page 652 of 820 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 12295

If she has high-level TK then there's no reason for her to engage in hand-to-hand combat. I think it would make more sense to revisit her precognition, giving her the equivalent of "spider-sense".

Anyway, aren't Rachel and Quire high-level telekinetics?
    Last edited by Panic; 08-18-2018 at 01:58 AM. Reason: "spider-sense", not "spier-sense"

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    If she has high-level TK then there's no reason for her to engage in hand-to-hand combat. I think it would make more sense to revisit her precognition, giving her the equivalent of "spier-sense".

Not really we have practical (for comics) example in the Jedi who engage in close range combat and have high level TK. If TK is written like that is fine plus for the ridiculous high end stuff it would be a ridiculous strain on your body .If TK user holding 747 up in the air it should tax the hell out of the user.

Yes Quire and Grey have TK, High Level? Probably but as mention before who the writers is favoring at the time gets these big boost up and then drops with the other writer

Ultimate Member

So then Betsy is going to get beaten up a lot because she's weaker and has less powers and then stand in the background and fight from a distance, part of the reason that she loved the Asian body was that she could do the dirty work and fight hand to hand more when she didn't leap before she looked, sounds more like an editorial mandated change that they then didn't really give much thought to what would happen to her afterwards, at least so far...this could be one of those be careful what you wish for things...and those things don't usually end well...

Betsy got beat up a lot even when she was in Asian body. She got KO'd by Medusa's hair. And I'm sure there have been many other lame moments like that in the past 10 years.

And also you're just stating things as if they are fact when you don't even know. And yes we already know editorial was a big proponent in this Betsy change.

Also just wait to see what will happen. We all know you like to chime in and give opinions on things you don't read but to be more informed maybe start reading the content instead of insinuating things from spoilers and other peoples comments.

We don't know if she is weaker or will have less power. And just because she's not Asian doesn't mean she can't be H2H fighter or be in the front lines like she prefers.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-18-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy got beat up a lot even when she was in Asian body. She got KO'd by Medusa's hair. And I'm sure there have been many other lame moments like that in the past 10 years.

And also you're just stating things as if they are fact when you don't even know. And yes we already know editorial was a big proponent in this Betsy change.

Also just wait to see what will happen. We all know you like to chime in and give opinions on things you don't read but to be more informed maybe start reading the content instead of insinuating things from spoilers and other peoples comments.

We don't know if she is weaker or will have less power. And just because she's not Asian doesn't mean she can't be H2H fighter or be in the front lines like she prefers.
    IKR? Did he forget Sabretooth mauling her to near death? Psylocke got her ass handed to her quite a bit in the Asian body. It didnt make her more durable

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I would be highly annoyed if Psylocke Martial arts was taken away because there is no logical reason for her to lose it. An Asain body doesn't give her martial arts and even if she was to lose Kwannon memories/ abilities she has years of doing martial arts herself. Unless something traumatic happens with her memories the exact the same character fighting wise should exisit when Psylocke switch bodies the only difference the body she might end up is not the same physical shape as the old one. So her abilites is dimished it would be because she in body not the shape to do all the same things.
    3xcept for one thing. Muscle memory. If she gets her old body back then she could easily lose all her martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    3xcept for one thing. Muscle memory. If she gets her old body back then she could easily lose all her martial arts.
    yes her reflexes should be off

And we don't even know if this new body is a crutch yet. She has like 20 yrs of all sort of martial arts/fighting/melee training. The new body MAY be different than the body Jamie created for her but we also don't know if maybe it will be superior. Just a couple more days. And here's hoping the writers actually give a damn and give her a good arc and spotlight.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I kinda like when she first came back to life how Claremont gave her full psychic immunity. What do you guys think about that?

I would be highly annoyed if Psylocke Martial arts was taken away because there is no logical reason for her to lose it. An Asain body doesn't give her martial arts and even if she was to lose Kwannon memories/ abilities she has years of doing martial arts herself. Unless something traumatic happens with her memories the exact the same character fighting wise should exisit when Psylocke switch bodies the only difference the body she might end up is not the same physical shape as the old one. So her abilites is dimished it would be because she in body not the shape to do all the same things.

Also, I am one of the rare people who like Psylocke as better stronger Telekinetic than Telepath. Why? Because Psylocke will always get jobbed in TP department the X-world has Xavier, Jean, Rachel, Emma and Quire and writers love pushing their favorite to the top. The big fear is she is going to become lesser TP purple headed Jean Grey and with Jean around you don't need the purple hair version. Now if Psylocke is the premiere telekinetic they are only Jean and Hellion really high level. She would easily have that niche all to herself. I rather her as mid level telepath and Omega level TK basically she would be Darth Vader or Kylo ren. Anyways if you are Pyslocke fan prepare for her to get psychically jobbed i can see that happening a lot more now
    Whether she has TP, TK or both I think she’s never going to be written as being on quite the same level as those psychics. That’s why she needs her martial arts. If she loses them, she needs to get them back soonish.

Also, I am one of the rare people who like Psylocke as better stronger Telekinetic than Telepath. Why? Because Psylocke will always get jobbed in TP department the X-world has Xavier, Jean, Rachel, Emma and Quire and writers love pushing their favorite to the top. The big fear is she is going to become lesser TP purple headed Jean Grey and with Jean around you don't need the purple hair version. Now if Psylocke is the premiere telekinetic they are only Jean and Hellion really high level. She would easily have that niche all to herself. I rather her as mid level telepath and Omega level TK basically she would be Darth Vader or Kylo ren. Anyways if you are Pyslocke fan prepare for her to get psychically jobbed i can see that happening a lot more now
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    If she has high-level TK then there's no reason for her to engage in hand-to-hand combat. I think it would make more sense to revisit her precognition, giving her the equivalent of "spider-sense".

I’m not opposed to her getting her precognition back, but I just don’t think it’s very likely she’ll get it back.

Ultimate Member

No I didn't forget about anything, hence the leaping before she looked part, acknowledging that she'd made some mistakes in fighting in the past, just that she loved being the hand to hand fighter that she became and from the sounds of things what people want they want/think that part of her will quite possibly go away and to relearn how to fight it's easy to guess that she'll lose a fair amount of fights by thinking that she's ready before she is and thus not get involved in as much hand to hand fighting, making her a different character...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Even with the original plan of it happening being derailed I still feel it was going to happen one day. It just makes sense for Betsy, no matter how much people prefer one over the other, too many writers like to play with the will she won't she of going back. And these days more and more writers wanted to put her back because of the story potential they could've told. Do I agree that doing it on the side in this mini dedicated to Wolvie was the wrong place for it? Absolutely. I started reading comics after the change had happened as well and even back then I always thought "she's going back one day. There's a writer who can't wait to tell the story of how she goes back and what newfound purpose she has with her OG face back." Comics and marketing aren't suddenly ending so there is plenty of time to push the new versions of her in all mediums and in 30 years this new look will be the "iconic" one. It's like when Carol got her new Captain Marvel uniform. I feel like by the time an MCU X-men film comes out it won't even matter anymore.

This is that time. As for Kwannon, my thoughts and feelings for her haven't and probably won't ever change. She's a footnote and we'll probably never have to speak of her again now that she's got her original face back.
    Because that’s what we need another white/patrician woman with money and connections, who lives a problem free charmed life. Yes that’s what I was looking for another aristo super-hero to admire. Because Emma Frost, Elektra and Medusa aren’t enough.
    We can have great stories with Caucasian Betsy shopping with The Duchess of Sussex. Popping around for tea and crumpets with The Duchess of Cambridge and bouncing young Prince Louis on her lap. She can even pick up Princess Charlotte from day care. How delightful! We can have an X book that’s like Downton Abbey.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    Because it really has been a non-issue until recently when it seems like a whole bunch of non-asian people decided they were offended for us and started demanding this change.

I'm very disappointed by the direction they went in. I always connected to Psylocke as a mixed asian with a complicated ethnic, racial and cultural background. Now we have another bland totally caucasian character because people (seemingly a lot of non-asians too) want to simplify characters into boxes of what they deem to be acceptable representations of asians. They should have just made her officially biracial as a true meld of Betsy and Kwannon. People with complicated backgrounds exist (although these are comics so its amplified x100) and this is basically erasure of those individuals IMO. Only people with clean and simple to understand backgrounds are now apparently acceptable.
    Just saw the preview for Uncanny X-Men and I have to say that I am so disappointed. I don’t care about the ‘representation’. I was introduced to the character in the 90's when Nicieza was writing her. And I thought she was so amazing. So cool, calm collected and completely feminine and total bad ass.
    One of the great appeals of the character for me (along with Emma & X-23) was that here we had a woman who had to struggle against her demons (ie. Nasty streak) to be a hero. The body/mind swap was part of a traumatic experience and one which she had to rebuild her life from. It was so inspiring. Now it’s all being washed away with a magic wand. The thing about the X books under Claremont was that many of the battles were as much internal as they involved fighting others. It was about building character.
    I am so tired of the forced retcons/stunts. It’s just lazy writing.
    Last edited by Mia; 08-18-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Well according to the preview she will not be that warrior anymore..... pfffft.

https://www.cbr.com/hunt-for-wolveri...n-madripoor-4/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Well according to the preview she will not be that warrior anymore..... pfffft.

https://www.cbr.com/hunt-for-wolveri...n-madripoor-4/
    _________! Please just shoot me now.