Page 779 of 820 FirstFirst ... 279679729769775776777778779780781782783789 ... LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,685 of 12295
    Ultimate Member

But aside from that one time that had extenuating circumstances we haven't seen her interested in any woman...as for the other parts well I don't think that she's always been far from conventional, she wavers back and forth being conventional at times and not so conventional at times, all depends on the times in which she's written and who is writing her, some writers have her more unconventional than others, just because she wore the thong doesn't mean that she was easy or anything...

And some of her past romances had little to nothing to do with the character they were more about the behind the scenes stuff at Marvel, like Claremont admitted that had he not left to write X-treme Neal and Betsy would never have happened...

Incredible Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But aside from that one time that had extenuating circumstances we haven't seen her interested in any woman...as for the other parts well I don't think that she's always been far from conventional, she wavers back and forth being conventional at times and not so conventional at times, all depends on the times in which she's written and who is writing her, some writers have her more unconventional than others, just because she wore the thong doesn't mean that she was easy or anything...

And some of her past romances had little to nothing to do with the character they were more about the behind the scenes stuff at Marvel, like Claremont admitted that had he not left to write X-treme Neal and Betsy would never have happened...
    That’s one point of view... I tend to cling to whenever they place betsy as the proper british lady when it comes to education and class, who at the same time gives a finger to her traditional and possibly normative upbringing.

In my opinion, the adventurous, impetuous, egocentric and sexy sides of her characters fit perfectly with someone who has zero sexual bondaries when it comes to romance and sex.

Diferent opinions, and nothing silly about neither of them...
    Last edited by crimsontt; 11-17-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I've been waiting for Betsy and Jean-Paul to interact for years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeah, this is one interaction I'm super excited for even if it is alt reality. Hopefully one day I finally get my Psylocke/Storm/Dazzler/Northstar girls night out.
    Betsy and Northstar are always together in my dream X-Men line-ups. So happy for this. To boost we also get Jubilee and Iceman.

I hope they keep her British in this thought since changing her back to Asian already would be a disservice to the whole coming back to her body concept. I'm saying this because she looks EXACLTY like Olivia Munn in the cover, it's crazy!

This line-up is amazing and the concept of the book is super cool. But I'm not a fan of the outfits, specially the hood for Psylocke.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I hope they keep her British in this thought since changing her back to Asian already would be a disservice to the whole coming back to her body concept. I'm saying this because she looks EXACLTY like Olivia Munn in the cover, it's crazy!
    It's an AU , and in Age of X they made her Caucascian, but when the timeline was corrected, she was Asian again... I do think she'll be Caucascian though

Yeah, she's Caucasian. Leah acknowledged on her twitter that her team is very white and Jubilee was the only poc but when more info comes out, it will become less white. She also said that she wanted both Betsy and Kwannon, but editorial told her Kwannon was unavailable.

BANNED

I don't think that Betsy should be bi just to up a percentage point or so, I don't have a problem with bi characters as I've long considered Storm bi...and so far Betsy hasn't shown any interest in a woman outside of the one that had been her boyfriend previously...
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Yes but imo it would make sense to estabilish that she is beyond cultural/social constructs like strict sexual orientation. She is not conservative...she has been always far from conventional when it comes to monogamy and sexuality, for instance. The girl does pretty much what she wants when it comes to romance, so why not date a woman if she feels so...

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    That’s one point of view... I tend to cling whenever they place betsy as the proper british lady when it comes to education and class, who at the same time gives a finger to her traditional and possibly normative upbringing.

In my opinion, the adventurous, impetuous, egocentric and sexy sides of her characters fit perfectly with someone who has zero sexual bondaries when it comes to romance and sex.

Diferent opinions, and nothing silly about neither of them...
    I actually agree and disagree with you both.
    While yes the retcon turned her into some action nut. Her previous portrayals was always as the reluctant heroine who did things as she saw they needed doing. In terms of Love, she's defintely always been portrayed as a straight female until Humphries got his hands on her. His run is mostly ignored, except some concepts.

Which is why I don't consider her bi-sexual, but I myself write her bi-sexual, because to me a Telepath male or female, is usually open to more experiences than others. The problem I have with Marvel is that they RARELY let current writers properly develop characters.
    I consider Storm omni sexual, and not beholden to either. She prefers men, but will jump on the RIGHT woman (Yukio), whenever they are together. I think of Psylocke the same. But I want it portrayed as more than she banged a chick and then 10 years later our time, she bangs another chick to be edgy.

In Deadpool Negasonics relationship with Yukio was portrayed well, and no sex involved. Because Straight people don't bang each other that much. So to me, I won't mind as lng as it's treated, lol, the way I treat the characters in my Horror, and Psylocke stories.

If you want an example of how I portray those relationships.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CuriousWorl...ont_get_along/

BANNED

Yeah, she's Caucasian. Leah acknowledged on her twitter that her team is very white and Jubilee was the only poc but when more info comes out, it will become less white. She also said that she wanted both Betsy and Kwannon, but editorial told her Kwannon was unavailable.
    High hopes Kwannon will get some proper development?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    High hopes Kwannon will get some proper development?
    “There’s GOT to be a better way to deal with students, graduates, and associates of Xavier’s than just wholesale slaughter. I say this because Kwannon is EXACTLY the kind of character that a sloppy writer would toss in the bin in favor of simplicity and giving survivors something to “mourn”.”

$5 says they want to introduce Kwannon as a villain after AoXM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    “There’s GOT to be a better way to deal with students, graduates, and associates of Xavier’s than just wholesale slaughter. I say this because Kwannon is EXACTLY the kind of character that a sloppy writer would toss in the bin in favor of simplicity and giving survivors something to “mourn”.”

$5 says they want to introduce Kwannon as a villain after AoXM.
    That would suck ass. I hope we can figure out who the writer is and try to make sure that doesn't happen.

Pretty cool cover! Kinda loling at Iceman though and the Nasty Pig comments. Those suspenders are a bit too much on the nose I can't lol.

Anyway, I don't really see Betsy having a relationship with a woman again anytime soon. Although the experience with Cluster was a unique situation. Even though I don't see her being with a woman again doesn't mean that it can't happen. The Cluster situation may have opened some doors regarding Betsy's sexuality. Right now I'd say keep her simple. One reason why she's found confusing for the flat scans is because writers always choose to use Betsy as a guinea pig for change.

As for Storm, I do agree that she is attracted to Yukio, but otherwise she's attracted to men.

I've even thought for the longest time that Gambit isn't beyond being attracted to another man.

Anyway, glad to hear that Kwannon was in demand for X-tremists!! I'm hoping that since she's unavailable, something is in the works for her!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    That would suck ass. I hope we can figure out who the writer is and try to make sure that doesn't happen.
    If it’s one thing X-Men needs, it’s new villains. The problem with making Kwannon the low-hanging fruit of choice is that it’s basically hero on hero violence... which is the LAST thing X-Men needs.

Being bisexual doesn't mean you like men and women equally.

Ultimate Member

They could easily have just not wanted to muddy the waters with both of them on the same team or deal with that storyline in such a short time, or simply that there are no plans for Kwannon and Betsy would first have to know that she even exists to have a chance to mourn her...and in fanfiction we writers can write characters however we want but again I don't expect Betsy to sleep with another woman anytime soon...

On an unrelated side note my high school alma matter won the class 2A state football championship yesterday, first time in school history and is coached by one of my older brother's friends from high school...weird but good...

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    If it’s one thing X-Men needs, it’s new villains. The problem with making Kwannon the low-hanging fruit of choice is that it’s basically hero on hero violence... which is the LAST thing X-Men needs.
    Yeah, Kwannon shouldn't be a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi-Lord View Post
    Being bisexual doesn't mean you like men and women equally.
    Correct. Kinsey scale.

Grats on the win Logan.

I've been waiting for Betsy and Jean-Paul to interact for years!
    cool. do you have a link to that?
    A picture would last longer darling...