Page 719 of 820 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729769819 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 12295

I got really bored and made another Betsy avatar if anyone wants to use it, lol.

https://i.imgur.com/Cdjz8YZ.png

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I got really bored and made another Betsy avatar if anyone wants to use it, lol.

I loved that OGN

BANNED

That's Gorgeous. Serene and Ladylike. But will fry your brain in a heartbeat. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    He made her so much more than what she used to be. I wanted to see more of the psi-division of STRIKE, maybe even a refocusing of it in the Marvel UK world. Also, those wonderful Warpies.
    If you want to see what the Psi-Division would have been like. Check out the original ROM the Spaceknight run. SHIELD Psi-division members were essential to the series. Doctor Strange even had to come in and save, once they got targeted by the Dire Wraiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    That's Gorgeous. Serene and Ladylike. But will fry your brain in a heartbeat. Lol.

If you want to see what the Psi-Division would have been like. Check out the original ROM the Spaceknight run. SHIELD Psi-division members were essential to the series. Doctor Strange even had to come in and save, once they got targeted by the Dire Wraiths.
    I own that entire run. Bill Mantlo was one of my favorite Bronze Age writers. Amazing stuff.

Jesus.

I remember when I first started reading all of the back issues of Betsy in chronological order, I was such an expert on all of the Captain Britain mythos. However, not as much now. I was obsessed-- reading every single appearance of Betsy, but also reading all of Captain Britain to get a deep understanding of the story.

You all know much more than I do. I really hope they bring Betsy back as a headliner of those stories. She has the star power with her connection to the X-Men.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Jesus.

I remember when I first started reading all of the back issues of Betsy in chronological order, I was such an expert on all of the Captain Britain mythos. However, not as much now. I was obsessed-- reading every single appearance of Betsy, but also reading all of Captain Britain to get a deep understanding of the story.

You all know much more than I do. I really hope they bring Betsy back as a headliner of those stories. She has the star power with her connection to the X-Men.
    Cuddle up to me. I’m a walking Wikipedia page of all things Marvel Comics from the Bronze Age up.

BANNED

I own that entire run. Bill Mantlo was one of my favorite Bronze Age writers. Amazing stuff.
    Jesus.

Cuddle up to me. I’m a walking Wikipedia page of all things Marvel Comics from the Bronze Age up.
    Anybody who knows and appreciates Bill Mantlo is to be trusted lol.
    ROM is one of the best of Marvel of that time. Such a great series and mythology and absolute failure of Marvel to not use the Space Knights as little more than fodder and Jobbers to everybody now.
    If Mantlo had written Psylocke, she'd be even more awesome.

Mantlo liked to do really cerebral stories. Hell, even before PAD came on board, Mantlo was the one who gave us smart Hulk, and then his turn into the monster that was forced to travel through the Crossroads storyline. Stellar stuff. And that’s not even touching his Micronauts innerspace opera.

She was born 4/23/56 just before Brian. They used a modicum of real time up until the 80's. In 213 she stated she was twice the age of kitty. 15 who bragged she was a year older than Doug, 14.
    Being a teenager back then, that was the holy grail of adolescence! Of course that'd sort of relationship between real people is not right socially and legally, especially in society today.

It's not going to stop me from shipping those two though! After all, they are not real people. *hides Dakimakura body pillows of Psylocke (both Caucasian and Asian)*

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I've always enjoyed the fact that Betsy and I share the same birth month.

Another fun fact is that she and Jean were both born in 1956. I wonder how old they are physically. With the times they've spent either dead, in another body, or a new body they should be quite a few years younger than they are numerically.
    Oh, Elisabeth is not legal anymore while Douglas now is. After all, can't have an 'older' male going out with an infant. This re-creation of her physical body reset her birth-date! Now if she was 14 then it would be A-OK by Marvel as there has been a precedent already set for it by Colossus and Kitty.
    Last edited by Zhaxra; 09-17-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Actually Taz, I was just being realistic about Betsy's chances of being in the movies if they reboot the series...as for who to play them, again if it the casting isn't for like 5 years that would change any suggestion...

Psylocke should have been no older than 24 during the Mutant Massacre,I remember they had chosen 1956 as Jean's year of birth for her tombstone at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga,which was the same year for Brian and Betsy.

I bet there is one year difference between Storm,Jean,Emma,Polaris and Psylocke,tops.
    Last edited by Selene; 09-18-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    Oh, Elisabeth is not legal anymore while Douglas now is. After all, can't have an 'older' male going out with an infant. This re-creation of her physical body reset her birth-date! Now if she was 14 then it would be A-OK by Marvel as there has been a precedent already set for it by Colossus and Kitty.
    Haha, yeah that was definitely risque for that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Psylocke should have been no older than 24 during the Mutant Massacre,I remember they had chosen 1956 as Jean's year of birth for her tombstone at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga,which was the same year for Brian and Betsy.

I bet there is one year difference between Storm,Jean,Emma,Polaris and Psylocke,tops.
    I agree since they (Brian, Betsy, and Jean) all share the same birth year. Only difference is that the Marvel UK universe characters used to age in real time. New Mutants Annual #2 would've put Betsy at 30 (published in 1986) if she had stayed in the Marvel UK comics. But with everyone being de-aged at some point or another along with time moving slower in the American Marvel Universe, it's hard to pinpoint their exact ages.

So, it looks like many of you are fond of Betsy in the Captain Britain stories, I am too. Do you guys still hold onto her original past regarding her age and power manifestations? Or do you acknowledge CC's retcon of Betsy having S.T.R.I.K.E. hand to hand combat training & able to use psychic blasts? Or Humphries's retcon of Betsy being 16 when her full telepathic abilities manifested, hearing the thoughts of everyone in NYC, making her younger and even more powerful early on?

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Haha, yeah that was definitely risque for that time period.

I agree since they (Brian, Betsy, and Jean) all share the same birth year. Only difference is that the Marvel UK universe characters used to age in real time. New Mutants Annual #2 would've put Betsy at 30 (published in 1986) if she had stayed in the Marvel UK comics. But with everyone being de-aged at some point or another along with time moving slower in the American Marvel Universe, it's hard to pinpoint their exact ages.

So, it looks like many of you are fond of Betsy in the Captain Britain stories, I am too. Do you guys still hold onto her original past regarding her age and power manifestations? Or do you acknowledge CC's retcon of Betsy having S.T.R.I.K.E. hand to hand combat training & able to use psychic blasts? Or Humphries's retcon of Betsy being 16 when her full telepathic abilities manifested, hearing the thoughts of everyone in NYC, making her younger and even more powerful early on?
    I think this is why I was so awestruck to find out she was 26 was her powers first manifested. I think the retcons were fresher in my mind, so the whole NYC thing was what I remember as most current.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

I wish Kelly Brook was a better Actress, and she might have improved some. She makes a perfect Pre-Ninja Psylocke as far as looks go. Also has a background in modeling which helps.

Jamie Bamber also would work as Brian

Alternate Brian

Considering that Betsy is English again, she can play the current Psylocke. Or at least the current Betsy Braddock. Kwannon can claim the name Psylocke too. I'd like to see Betsy and Kwannon have a discussion on who is rightfully Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Considering that Betsy is English again, she can play the current Psylocke. Or at least the current Betsy Braddock. Kwannon can claim the name Psylocke too. I'd like to see Betsy and Kwannon have a discussion on who is rightfully Psylocke.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a solid side issue where the two are just talking and discussion of what happened to them forcefully. However, I don't want Kwannon claiming she's rightfully Psylocke. This sounds like a re-hash of the 90s and it takes the potential of Kwannon back to 0.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion