Page 725 of 820 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735775 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They are not a couple at the moment and haven't been for the last several years remember, Marvel's been pushing her on other guys in pairings that never work out very well...it's only old and redundant if they just reuse the same storylines over and over again...and yeah Betsy sang in that issue...
    Just because they are not a couple doesn't mean I am going along with BetsyxAngel. I just don't care for BetsyxAngel. I prefer their other pairings even if they were shortlived. If you don't like it well to bad. Not everyone is going to like the pairings you ship.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Remember this scene?
    There's more to this Scene, but I just added in the important parts. But it starts off with her Getting Dazzler to distract the Freedom Force, and then She proceeds to nearly solo the Others. They had to give Crimson Commando a Telepathic immunity to even take her down, pre ninja. To ME, this was a nice display of her potential. But the panels were dynamic with her being the focus. But it also showed her lack of actual experience, because instead of patting herself on the back, she shoulda been worried about sneak aTTACKS.

I still contend that there is more romantic tension in the first three panels with Betsy and Fred than the entire so-called romantic run with her and Angel (even though Betsy tried really hard, Warren only participated when his personal 'stocks' were on the downswing), and it wasn't even an official pairing!

LOL Agreed. I never understood what the writers were thinking hooking Betsy up with Warren. It's almost like they were settling for each other because they couldn't have Scott and Jean, respectively.

Ultimate Member

By the time that they got together Warren was long over Jean and they had plenty of romantic tension...and not everyone Iz wants them apart either...though they will be for the near future I'll guess...

By the time that they got together Warren was long over Jean and they had plenty of romantic tension...and not everyone Iz wants them apart either...though they will be for the near future I'll guess...
    You are the one that has an issue with it. Everyone easily moves on. As soon as someone brings it up you get hostile. I don't care if someone wants them together or not. You, on the other hand, cannot.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You are the one that has an issue with it. Everyone easily moves on. As soon as someone brings it up you get hostile. I don't care if someone wants them together or not. You, on the other hand, cannot.
    But if you don't have a problem with it then where's the problem of them getting together, and if you think that's hostile you should see some of what's been aimed my way in threads...

But if you don't have a problem with it then where's the problem of them getting together, and if you think that's hostile you should see some of what's been aimed my way in threads...
    To reiterate I don't have a problem if someone has a ship I like or dislike.
    I find AngelxBetsy boring, outdated, and problematic. I never said I don't care if they are together. I just have no feelings for the relationship just like many on this thread.
    Your attempts at selling people the relationship is futile. You aren't going to change my mind, or tazirai, or any other poster about having them together. When you don't like the pairing you don't like the pairing. Just like how you don't like BetsyxNeal. No matter how much you try to justify it or make it seem like its the worst there will always be people there who enjoyed the relationship.
    Can you give me evidence on the "hostility" you have been dealt with? Any screengrabs or page forums? You keep telling me but I don't see it.
    If you yourself like the couple why not post in the ButterflyWings thread? That way you can meet like-minded shippers. Don't know how many they are since they barely say anything in this specific boards. CBR isn't the only forum to talk X-Men with, why not go to other forums where they talk about your favs? If you need recommendations we will be happy to provide.

Ultimate Member

So then I'm only allowed to post in threads that agree with my taste in pairings and such...sorry but it's a free country, go back through Lorna's appreciation threads, most of it is in there, was once told to gtfo of Layla's thread for daring to say that since precog's don't usually last very long that her fans should hope that she gets more powers than that to stick around longer...I know that I'm not going to change some minds, just sticking up for my favorite pairings...

You can pst wherever you want but I think the frustration with others come in that you often sound like a broken record. You'll default to diverting the focus back to the couple, even when thats not where the discussion is (not just here). It gets redundant as you arent providing any new insight or contributing in any meaningful way. Everyone knows where you stand.

I actually like Warren and Betsy but both are damaged goods at this point that have no business being together, especially Warren who needs a good writer to define whom he is. Betsy only complicates that as she's so intrinsically tied to his cycle of stagnation. Betsy fans can argue the same about him. They need to be allowed to move on. She actually has real potential to move forward with her recent development but having her be a crutch for Archangel yet again will only stifle that. It does both characters a disservice to hinge on 90s nostalgia just bc someone liked them almost 25 years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I did enjoy their relationship in Dark Angel Saga, only because it really wasn't a relationship. We saw from the beginning trust issues and dependency issues. We saw Psylocke stray in her head at least question what she was doing. It was real and gritty and didn't feel like the same old song and dance. Other than that, I am not really interested in Archangel. I'm not interested in this new gods of war rehashing and I really don't want Psylocke attached to anyone. I'd actually like her to be outside the Xverse for once. Have her be an Avenger, a defender I don't care. She doesn't get good characterization in the xbooks presently and she has potential.
    Agreed. Psylocke and her brother I feel should be heroes in their own right and not solely attached to the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    I still contend that there is more romantic tension in the first three panels with Betsy and Fred than the entire so-called romantic run with her and Angel (even though Betsy tried really hard, Warren only participated when his personal 'stocks' were on the downswing), and it wasn't even an official pairing!
    He wasn't budgin for no skirt.. Lol.

The thing I liked in those panels was that she had to WORK to get him to budge, and wasn't automatically controlled. When I write my stories I do my Psionics that way. Because the way Psionics is portrayed in books there's no effort anymore. I guess that's why I like fainting Jean, Brains require a LOT of power, and In most Sci-FI Psionics is like Radio and wifi. Just because a radio is on, doesn't mean you're able to hear it or change the station. That's one of the best explanations for Psionics I've ever heard.

Here's a site I use in my stories.

Writing Psychic Superheroes and Psionics
    Last edited by Tazirai; 09-20-2018 at 01:11 PM.

BANNED

Pre-ordered Last hurrah for this look.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post

That is beautiful Betsy!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Supercute. 💕

Gorgeous pose. Not sure if it’s the lighting or if it’s actually painted like that, but I love the ombré effect on the psyknife.

BANNED

I still like the other face, and If I had the cash would get it. But I must await new releases.