Page 649 of 820 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    That would be interesting to see her return to the rookie stage and see her rebuild her prowess & confidence as a martial artist. Heck, Wolvie, when he returns, could aid her in refining her martial art skill-set, would be a great way of having her and Logan interact on a more personal one-to-one basis. Nightcrawler could also help her re-improve on her swordsmanship skills.

On another note, from reading the preview, I feel more confident that this “body-swap” (or whatever which way she’s going to regain her Caucasian body) is going to be executed pretty well. I hope, by it’s conclusion, the pay-off at least satisfies Betsy fans who are more invested in Asian Psylocke & who are worried about how this important stage in Betsy’s storyline is going to be handled.
    I really hope so.

It makes sense that she isnt a martial artist off the bat. Why would she be? This new body doesnt have the muscle memory or training that she did in her current Japanese one. She should work to be able to get back to where she was and watching her train could be good development for her. We should see her impulsive and try to be like she used to be only to realize she isnt. That struggle and her motivation to get back on top is an interesting story in and of itself

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This is my favorite page. That little panel where she's turning her hair purple and reaffirming herself is a thing of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It makes sense that she isnt a martial artist off the bat. Why would she be? This new body doesnt have the muscle memory or training that she did in her current Japanese one. She should work to be able to get back to where she was and watching her train could be good development for her. We should see her impulsive and try to be like she used to be only to realize she isnt. That struggle and her motivation to get back on top is an interesting story in and of itself
    Sounds like thirty years of character development pushed down the drain to me.Her road to becoming a warrior is in the past now,who needs to see Psylocke reduced to a journeywoman?

It's not unlike depriving Rogue of her ability to control her powers after all the emotional trauma she had to suffer.

It seemed just as likely she could automatically still have her martial arts skills in the old/new body because that’s what happened in the Sisterhood Arc. But yeah, what you described does make way more sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I enjoy Leonard Kirk's art. He did a smashing job of redesigning Captain Britain years ago, which I wish had stayed. Anyway, the preview looks really good. I'm going to remain optimistic that the panel and little remark she made about not being helpless means that she still possesses fighting skills.

No sense in reverting her back to pre-siege perilous Betsy in every aspect. The skills she inherited from Kwannon were improved upon through her own hard training which helped her finally conquer one of her worst fearsome enemies, Slaymaster.

Also, while cute to see OG Betsy in classic form, she should know better than to wear that around a hostile psychic environment and throw on some armor, perhaps? Did she forget her common sense too? :P
    I think it's just the Psychic Shock of it all. I mean I took an pain pill last night, body felt great, my mind was like DERRR!!! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Agreed. Maybe she’s just temporarily overwhelmed from all the pain and trauma she just experienced and that’s why she seems so naive and almost childlike in that preview.

The art is beautiful. Love her face and hair.

Some articles about Uncanny.
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...nberg.html?m=1
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...takes.html?m=1
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...chaos.html?m=1

I only skimmed through them, but there didn’t appear to be anything explicitly mentioned about Psylocke, however feel free to read between the lines and speculate away.
    Agreed with you on this. This should have been the artist from the beginning.

You mean like having her memories erased or something like that? Being exactly how she was pre body swap?
    I don't mind non combat Psylocke, but after all she's been through, she's retained those skills, might have to refresh the body though.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as memories,and while I do bet my money on her remaining a martial artist when this ends,the preview raises many question marks.
    Agreed.

I don’t mind if she initially loses her martial prowess. Like let’s say she goes through an arc after this, where she trains to get her martial arts skills back. That could be interesting. But if her fighting skills are gone and stay gone, then that would be terrible mistake on Marvel’s part.
    Agreed. She's earned the skills initially given to her. But might have a time to adjust to being "home" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    That would be interesting to see her return to the rookie stage and see her rebuild her prowess & confidence as a martial artist. Heck, Wolvie, when he returns, could aid her in refining her martial art skill-set, would be a great way of having her and Logan interact on a more personal one-to-one basis. Nightcrawler could also help her re-improve on her swordsmanship skills.

On another note, from reading the preview, I feel more confident that this “body-swap” (or whatever which way she’s going to regain her Caucasian body) is going to be executed pretty well. I hope, by it’s conclusion, the pay-off at least satisfies Betsy fans who are more invested in Asian Psylocke & who are worried about how this important stage in Betsy’s storyline is going to be handled.

Agreed with you all.

BANNED

You know what would make an AMAZING montage. That she is Psionically linked to people who've seen her fight, and she uses those and her memories in training sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Sounds like thirty years of character development pushed down the drain to me.Her road to becoming a warrior is in the past now,who needs to see Psylocke reduced to a journeywoman?

It's not unlike depriving Rogue of her ability to control her powers after all the emotional trauma she had to suffer.
    not really. She is still a warrior even if her ninja fighting skills arent at their peak. Psylocke never had an arc where she became a skilled ninja. She literally woke up like that in one issue and thats how we came to accept her after the initial change. I dont understand what the point of doing this change if the only thing thats going to come out of it is a change in hair color and costume? She should get a character driven arc out of it that shows how she is affected and her journey to overcome it

It seemed just as likely she could automatically still have her martial arts skills in the old/new body because that’s what happened in the Sisterhood Arc. But yeah, what you described does make way more sense.
    the Sisterhood arc was also rather quick and didnt delve much into Psylocke and her character development. With more attention and time, I think they could do more with her here

BANNED

not really. She is still a warrior even if her ninja fighting skills arent at their peak. Psylocke never had an arc where she became a skilled ninja. She literally woke up like that in one issue and thats how we came to accept her after the initial change. I dont understand what the point of doing this change if the only thing thats going to come out of it is a change in hair color and costume? She should get a character driven arc out of it that shows how she is affected and her journey to overcome it
    Dude is that Jean in your Avatar? If so what book is that from?

Yeah, it’s Jean. That reminds me, Havok your avatar is gorgeous.

Dude is that Jean in your Avatar? If so what book is that from?
    Extermination #1 and yes its Jean

Yeah, it’s Jean. That reminds me, Havok your avatar is gorgeous.
    Thank you. Larraz just may be the definitive Jean artist post-resurrection

BANNED

Extermination #1 and yes its Jean

Thank you. Larraz just may be the definitive Jean artist post-resurrection
    Is it worth the read? I already saw the Cable spoilers. Since no website could shut up about it.

I always thought that as a tp/tk Psylocke should create telepathic knives and use telekinetic shields. I think this would have worked better with a ninja than having TK that could smash mountains and have her flying around like Superman.

I'm conflicted about the swap back to her original look. I love both original Betsy and asian Betsy. It is the same conflict I have with Jean and Jean as Phoenix. I think they hit it right with Archangel when they have him be able to switch between Angel and Archangel (though that would not make sense for Betsy).

I think this would be a good time to rid Besty of the tk, but I think there is a chance she will retain both powers. At this point she has been a tp/tk a very long time.

Is it worth the read? I already saw the Cable spoilers. Since no website could shut up about it.
    YES! The book was amazing and it seems to be critically loved. The rest of the event may not live up to the premise but this was a great start and has me pumped

I agree with you guys. This could really be a nice intro arc to this new body reclaiming moment for Betsy. I just really hope the body won't be Sapphire's. That would be sooo messed up.
    My guess is they wanted to give her old body back to avoid the political fan backlash in the future. But Marvel know fighting skill purple haired lady sells. So she will eventually look very similar to Asian Betsy (who almost never looked Asian anyway).