Page 717 of 820 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767817 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 12295
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Whoa. Really? Is this stated somewhere? This makes everything with her and Cypher way so weird. I was under the impression she was 19 when she first met the New Mutants.
    Nope. She said in Uncanny 213 that she was nearly twice the age of Kitty during the mutant massacre, which should be around 14 or 15 at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Brian become Captain Britain not long after College around 22
    Betsy was 26 when she gained her powers, and 30 when he joined the team. So they would be a bit older.
    Than most of the team. Storm, Psylocke, and Logan were the oldest of the Outback team.
    Right. I like the casting of late 20's, earliest 30's for Brain and Betsy to start a franchise, but I wouldn't start them off in their late 30's.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wanted to add some much needed diversity in the cast, and didn’t realize until now that all the villains were ethnic minorities. Ugh. I’ll reeva to even things out a bit more.
    Like I said, I loved your Roma casting, but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Right. I like the casting of late 20's, earliest 30's for Brain and Betsy to start a franchise, but I wouldn't start them off in their late 30's.
    Agreed. Wasn't thinking about it on terms of a franchise. I'm down for Taron Egerton and Daisy Ridley as Brian and Betsy. And I know Cohen is much older than them two, but he's still an amazing Jamie.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Agreed. Wasn't thinking about it on terms of a franchise. I'm down for Taron Egerton and Daisy Ridley as Brian and Betsy. And I know Cohen is much older than them two, but he's still an amazing Jamie.
    I always thought of Jamie being a good 10 years or more older than the twins, so Cohen works for me. I just don't think 38 year old Brian makes sense at the onset.

Taron doesn't strike me as a Brian. William Mosely on the other hand...

works a bit better, I think.

Daisy I guess could work, I don't really like her in the Star Wars movies, though. I don't even know who Gabriella Wilde is, but she paired nicely with William.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-17-2018 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Whoa. Really? Is this stated somewhere? This makes everything with her and Cypher way so weird. I was under the impression she was 19 when she first met the New Mutants.
    She was born 4/23/56 just before Brian. They used a modicum of real time up until the 80's. In 213 she stated she was twice the age of kitty. 15 who bragged she was a year older than Doug, 14.

For some reason a lot of people are unaware of Psylocke's past lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I always thought of Jamie being a good 10 years or more older than the twins, so Cohen works for me. I just don't think 38 year old Brian makes sense at the onset.
    Jamie is 7 years older than the twins. So 5 to 10 years is good.

Betsy's telekinetic boyfriend and fellow STRIKE employee Tom Lennox would be an obvious choice to switch ethnicity. Nothing much was done with him in the CB strip, but he has good potential to be fleshed out.

For diversity-- I agree with switching up Tom Lennox. I'd say include Faiza. And I can also see them casting an exotic, "mix of all races" type of ethnicity for Meggan.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

She was born 4/23/56 just before Brian. They used a modicum of real time up until the 80's. In 213 she stated she was twice the age of kitty. 15 who bragged she was a year older than Doug, 14.

Lol I thought I was the only one who remembered Betsy’s comments regarding the age difference between her and Kitty.

I've always enjoyed the fact that Betsy and I share the same birth month.

Another fun fact is that she and Jean were both born in 1956. I wonder how old they are physically. With the times they've spent either dead, in another body, or a new body they should be quite a few years younger than they are numerically.

Is there anyone who knows how to make avatars here? I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to make some Alan Davis Psylocke avatars, but they never come out right.

It's fairly straightforward. What problem have you been having?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is there anyone who knows how to make avatars here? I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to make some Alan Davis Psylocke avatars, but they never come out right.
    I love making avatars! PM me.

Cinderella

The shade is unnecessary Taz. Excuse me for not knowing that detail about Betsy.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion