Page 774 of 820 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774775776777778784 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 12295
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    See and here I was going to suggest ONLY a sword and shield, in hopes of curtailing all these tp/tk heroines running around. Let's have them be specific magical manifestation, rather than Jean-like telekinetic shapelessness.
    If she's going to go the Psychic Weapon route. I wouldn't mind some Astral Armour.

telekinetic armor is way too Hisako

I wouldn't mind if Betsy had weird Otherworldly magic bonus effects to otherwise psychic mutant powers... like the light emitted from a psychic knife.

BANNED

telekinetic armor is way too Hisako

I wouldn't mind if Betsy had weird Otherworldly magic bonus effects to otherwise psychic mutant powers... like the light emitted from a psychic knife.
    I was thinking more form fitting. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I was thinking more form fitting. ^^
    Okay, but then what? You're basically asking for a hard pink costume.

Psylocke needs a distinctive silhouette if you're not going to restrict the powerset. That's why I like the second Asrar design better than the Madripoor Debut outfit. Asrar #2 incorporates a capelet, hood and chunky boot and armguards. It's unique. Slapping a layer of TK is just a storytelling device to keep her in play against heavy melee. At least with sword and board restriction, the focus is on HOW she survives in heavy melee, and not just a WHY.

It's late. I'm hangry. TTYTomorrow

BANNED

Okay, but then what? You're basically asking for a hard pink costume.

Psylocke needs a distinctive silhouette if you're not going to restrict the powerset. That's why I like the second Asrar design better than the Madripoor Debut outfit. Asrar #2 incorporates a capelet, hood and chunky boot and armguards. It's unique. Slapping a layer of TK is just a storytelling device to keep her in play against heavy melee. At least with sword and board restriction, the focus is on HOW she survives in heavy melee, and not just a WHY.

It's late. I'm hangry. TTYTomorrow
    I'm gonna redesign her suit tomorrow incorporating elements of both costumes. Since I didn't even know there was an alternate look.

Ultimate Member

Actually Taz that looks better than the one that she has now...

Psylocke had one of the best showings in UXM. I also kind of hoped she didn't have TK anymore, but the new weapons are cool.
    She should still use the katana from time to time, thought.

I wonder if the hood from the alternate design would look good with her current costume if it was white.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Psylocke needs to kill Warren again. It’s time.
    Sorry Logan
    Shame on you, that's unnecessary

But, I did enjoy Psylocke's new weaponry, and her small part in the story.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-15-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Just finished reading the issue. I really liked it for a set-up. It sets well the mysteries and the main cast.

I absolutely love the art and the way Betsy looks. Her civilian clothes are just so on point. Stylish and sexy. I'm glad she's still a physical fighter. And I do really enjoy her new weapons. Can't wait to follow the story.

I'm happy they chose the costume instead the other armoured and hooded concept. I prefer Betsy looking sleek and light with her (gorgeous) hair down.

Could someone make and avatar for me out of this image? The one with Betsy wielding her new weapons? One where we see more her face but with a little bit of her sword and butterfly? I'm very bad at this.
    uncannyx-men.jpg
    A picture would last longer darling...

So here’s a question. Based on Tax’ suggestion that she use English colloquialisms... I’m hesitant to think she’d use certain slang and slurs due to her proper heritage and professional career— despite her tomboy persona. There are as many British accents as there are in America. We can easily rule out Welsh and Cockney accents, but who do you think Betsy SOUNDS like?

So here’s a question. Based on Tax’ suggestion that she use English colloquialisms... I’m hesitant to think she’d use certain slang and slurs due to her proper heritage and professional career— despite her tomboy persona. There are as many British accents as there are in America. We can easily rule out Welsh and Cockney accents, but who do you think Betsy SOUNDS like?
    I wouldnt be surprised if she doesnt have a British accent. She's lived outside the UK long enough for that to dissipate from her speech patterns

She did and most people don't realize she was using an arming sword. So many people call it a Long Sword. :P
    From the pictures I've seen it looks like either a long sword or a sword of war. Though sword terminology is always a bit murky, arming swords are single handed in that they are balanced for one hand and have a grip designed with this in mind, i.e. short. Obviously with this being a telekinetic weapon it's not really anything authentic, but I don't think it's wrong to call it a long sword, even if it's being used like an arming sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if she doesnt have a British accent. She's lived outside the UK long enough for that to dissipate from her speech patterns
    She's only been outside of the UK like 7 years in comics time. I haven't lived in Philly for more than 25 years but I visit enough to keep my northern accent.
    Gotta remember comics time and real-time are different.

She's only actually been a mixed woman post-siege for like 3-4 years tops.

She's only been outside of the UK like 7 years in comics time. I haven't lived in Philly for more than 25 years but I visit enough to keep my northern accent.
    Gotta remember comics time and real-time are different.

She's only actually been a mixed woman post-siege for like 3-4 years tops.
    It varies but people can be away from the country they grew up in for 10 years and lose their accent

As far as her different bodies, its been longer than that. Jean Grey was dead for about 3-4 years. She had only been with the X-men for a few months when she went through the Siege

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

I absolutely lcastove the art and the way Betsy looks. Her civilian clothes are just so on point. Stylish and sexy. I'm glad she's still a physical fighter. And I do really enjoy her new weapons. Can't wait to follow the story.

I'm happy they chose the costume instead the other armoured and hooded concept. I prefer Betsy looking sleek and light with her (gorgeous) hair down.

uncannyx-men.jpg
    I agree to no hood....I like seeing her long flowing purple hair...it is her unique distinct trademark that should always be shown.

I just hope she doesn't go back to Warren....she needs someone positive and upbeat in her life. Maybe Kurt? She makes a much better match than Rachel with him.
    Hoping to see some scenes where Jean & Betts combine their telepathy.