Page 568 of 820 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618668 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    OMG! Totally geeked out when I read this. Thank you so much for sharing....,,

I’ve always shipped Havok/Psylocke. I thought there was some really good potential in the outback days. I think they could both use a refreshing start on a new relationship. There’s definitely some compatibility.
    Back in the outback era I would of loved to see havok/psylocke before the siege perilous incident. they had an interesting chemistry and sadly it is no longer explored. It would be great to see them in a team again, it's long overdue but the outback era is underrated. I wish for dazzler and psylocke reunion but it falls on dead ears.
    Last edited by Izanami; 04-16-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Back in the outback era I would of loved to see havok/psylocke before the siege perilous incident.. they had an interesting chemistry and sadly it is no longer explored. It would be great to see them in a team again.
    when was the last time they even interacted with each other? Maybe X-Cutioner's Song?

They looked identical BEFORE Spiral got involved. Even under Claremont Wolverine recognized her face immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    They looked identical BEFORE Spiral got involved. Even under Claremont Wolverine recognized her face immediately.
    It wasnt identical. The best analogy that someone stated was a person getting plastic surgery. They may still be recognizable but their face isnt exactly identical to how it was prior to going under the knife. Jim Lee drew Betsy differently pre and post Hand tampering under Claremont. Her face was physically altered to give her more Asian features so she would be more believable as a Japanese assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    when was the last time they even interacted with each other? Maybe X-Cutioner's Song?
    I honestly don't remember anymore. Most writers forget they were even in a team together for a good amount of time. With the way they are written now, it feels like they have never met before or worked together, similar to other x-characters in underrated runs.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

It wasnt identical. The best analogy that someone stated was a person getting plastic surgery. They may still be recognizable but their face isnt exactly identical to how it was prior to going under the knife. Jim Lee drew Betsy differently pre and post Hand tampering under Claremont. Her face was physically altered to give her more Asian features so she would be more believable as a Japanese assassin
    I lived in Japan for nearly 6 years. You think all Japanese look like stereotypical Japanese?

Just gonna leave this here. Key words here are "THE FACE!"

Ultimate Member

So then people would recognize her...then again people would recognize several of the X-Men and ladies since some of them are not exactly shut ins...

Am I the only one concerned for Betsy's survival in the hunt for Wolverine? On one cover, and we know that one of them dies. Very suspect.

Ultimate Member

No, you're not the only one...and I'd think that we all want her to live...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I lived in Japan for nearly 6 years. You think all Japanese look like stereotypical Japanese?

Just gonna leave this here. Key words here are "THE FACE!"

I didnt say that about all Japanese people. As far as Psylocke though, her features were altered to be appear Asian. Theres a reason why there was a racial controversy surrounding her and what Claremont did. Are you really gonna act as if that didnt happen? As far as the scan goes, again her face wasnt unrecognizable and the plastic surgery analogy best explains this

"We cant have a Westerner running around Hong Kong underworld" Do you not see how she has her original Caucasian face which was tampered to look Asian? Her eyes are slanted after this and she is drawn within the same issue by Jim Lee with a different ethnicity. Matsuo and the Hand had a purpose for her and she needed to pass for Asian to fulfill that

BANNED

I didnt say that about all Japanese people. As far as Psylocke though, her features were altered to be appear Asian. Theres a reason why there was a racial controversy surrounding her and what Claremont did. Are you really gonna act as if that didnt happen? As far as the scan goes, again her face wasnt unrecognizable and the plastic surgery analogy best explains this

"We cant have a Westerner running around Hong Kong underworld" Do you not see how she has her original Caucasian face which was tampered to look Asian? Her eyes are slanted after this and she is drawn within the same issue by Jim Lee with a different ethnicity. Matsuo and the Hand had a purpose for her and she needed to pass for Asian to fulfill that

It's just the way Jim Lee draws. Believe me, anyone here can tell you how I feel about Psylocke and her faux Asian Yellow Face craziness.

Ultimate Member

Um...I forgot Taz...care to share

But they mixed the bodies and Jamie played a part as well so she's at where she's at now and the writers just make her whatever they need to mostly I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It's just the way Jim Lee draws. Believe me, anyone here can tell you how I feel about Psylocke and her faux Asian Yellow Face craziness.
    Its not simply the way he draws. That panel shows the yellow goo dropped on her face and when its peeled, her eye is slanted when before it was more round. The dialogue alludes to what is happening

BANNED

Its not simply the way he draws. That panel shows the yellow goo dropped on her face and when its peeled, her eye is slanted when before it was more round. The dialogue alludes to what is happening
    That's in her head though. Much of that issue occurs in her head. Because even after she's revealed she still doesn't look very Asian even when Wolverine confronts her.
    But It's something I don't think we'll see eye to eye on. Her current body is a 50/50 mix, so if she's drawn to look more white it's fine, if not it's fine. I just want her written well.
    Also, we're arguing comic book science and magic, when under even the same artist, characters can look different page to page.

Ultimate Member

Like I said, different artists draw her differently, so that accounts for some of it and perhaps we fans are taking things much further than the writer or artist ever meant for us to in this regard...