Page 753 of 820 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 12295
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Re: Jean's tk. I don't want to derail but in Morrison's run did she really struggle that much? Sure she grunted and Beast said she could ease off, but that was all that we saw. Also her tk had just come back so maybe like any muscle she needed more time to develop it. Who knows.

I can't wait to see Psylocke in action in her new (old) body. I also can't wait to see exactly how her powers are used. Jordan acted like she was mainly a telepath now, but in that same thread he said she had mainly been telepathic a while now, which we all know is not the case. So I wonder if her ever changing powers will continue from writer to writer or if we will get a solid in story answer to what her powers are and how they work?

I hope Psylocke continues to be a major character in the X-books going forward. If we have multiple teams then each team can have a team telepath. We would have both Psylocke and Jean (and who knows where Emma or Rachel may fit in).

That's exactly what happened, everyone forgets in NXM, Jean's TK had only just returned due secondary mutation even though I think it was only mentioned in a throwaway line. As it returned it grew stronger until, she started tapping her PF reserves and pushing herself further.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Those impressive years when French gal Alex could kept an highly engaged Psylocke’s community during the years betsy was dead and we were in the most frustating draught.

I’d love to see the lovely psylocke emojis from Le Forum again.

http://web.archive.org/web/200906150...b.fr/main.html
    And it still has Alex fan art, and even a few of my weird art from back then
    1E0C7841-A390-4233-8C65-680DDA9E05C5.jpg
    5D04DFAA-B08D-43B2-801E-950B11B9EB58.jpg
    9E7251EB-D254-4564-9296-F4C6747AB91C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 72459

There it is
    Beautiful. I’m loving the focus on Jean and Psylocke on this cover. Hopefully they have really good interactions and team ups.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Re: Jean's tk. I don't want to derail but in Morrison's run did she really struggle that much? Sure she grunted and Beast said she could ease off, but that was all that we saw. Also her tk had just come back so maybe like any muscle she needed more time to develop it. Who knows.

I can't wait to see Psylocke in action in her new (old) body. I also can't wait to see exactly how her powers are used. Jordan acted like she was mainly a telepath now, but in that same thread he said she had mainly been telepathic a while now, which we all know is not the case. So I wonder if her ever changing powers will continue from writer to writer or if we will get a solid in story answer to what her powers are and how they work?

I hope Psylocke continues to be a major character in the X-books going forward. If we have multiple teams then each team can have a team telepath. We would have both Psylocke and Jean (and who knows where Emma or Rachel may fit in).
    I interpret her being mainly telepathic as having both tk and tp, but using telepathy more and having bigger telepathic feats. That’s basically how she’s being written for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    While I don't expect them to go too deep into this, I'm curious to see how/if they'll explore it. If Betsy hasn't lost any of her memories she may have a (not sure if this is a correct term) kinesthetic memory where her ninja skills were concerned. Humans can achieve some incredible physical feats and often the barrier to doing so is more in the mind than in the body. And anything the body is well practiced in the mind will retain and activate when prompted to:

Example: riding a bike even though you haven't done it in years or playing a piece of music you once knew by heart.
    Very true. I'm a runner and sometimes compete in races. I've been sidelined significantly since May due to a foot issue, but usually after about two weeks of solid training (and struggling feeling useless), my body improves significantly and gets back to where it used to be pretty fast which is what's happening now. Provided I don't reset the injury so I'm taking it slower.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 72459

There it is
    LOVE. IT. Best cover of the variants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Thanks babe.

-

I think whether she's using tk or tp, or whether a writer things she's more one over the other, that she has as consistent a power suite as any other character. Literally every other character has differences between writers, powers that are new or used in new ways and then not used in that way ever again by a different writer. Think it's sort of useless to hope for any kind of answer for some kind of list of what exactly she's capable of, as one doesn't really exist beyond whatever a writer things a "psychic combatant" can do.
    Very true. Chris Claremont had her as an Omega level telekinetic with psychic immunity, supposedly with no telepathy. This however did not keep him from having her walking about her dreamscape to assess her psyche, clairvoyant link to Brian where she could see what was happening to him, psychically living and feeling the last moments of her counterparts' deaths, or seeing a vision of Brian dying. This is completely possible though, but it usually in Marvel's world telepathy is used as a broad term for everything.

Matt Fraction wrote her as primarily telekinetic, with some telepathic abilities with no more psychic immunity.

Mike Carey stated that her telepathy and telekinesis fluctuates, depending on which power she's more focused on.

Kyle/Yost wrote her as a moderate level telepath/telekine evenly in her mini series.

Rick Remender wrote her as strictly telepathic and once AoA Jean helped free her of the Death persona, her telepathic boundaries were expanded and she became Omega level.

Humphries wrote her as mostly an Omega level telepath (even psychically matching and then defeating future Cassandra Nova with Revenant Betsy's power added to her own), but the only time she used telekinesis was when she created a barrier to protect herself and Puck from a horde of Revenants.

Spurrier wrote her as an Omega level telepath but would reinforce her real katana with telekinesis and would even channel TK through it. Example: Death from above move that shook the ground and all her enemies.

Brian Wood focused on writing her as using telekinetic weapons of all sorts and telepathy, but nothing too over the top except that gatling gun . Further writers after him in the same book focused solely on her telepathy.

Cullen Bunn's Betsy seems to be a powerhouse in both telepathy and telekinesis from what little I've read so far (first 3 issues and her battle to the "death" with Magneto)

Charles Soule seemed to write her really powerful too, beginning with the huge butterfly psi-construct that was destroying the building to feeling Proteus's reality seeds or whatever they were all around the world. Athough there was a scene where she struggled a little to levitate herself and 6 others from one building rooftop to another. Although maybe her TK bubble protected them from the explosion and debris too so it all had an effect on her.

Am I missing anything? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, Psylocke is the character featured on the most covers for the debut issue. So far she's the only one to be on every single one?
    Awesome!! *cue Loganalpha*

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I love it, But I think I like both this and the B&W one equally.
    Same!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    That's exactly what happened, everyone forgets in NXM, Jean's TK had only just returned due secondary mutation even though I think it was only mentioned in a throwaway line. As it returned it grew stronger until, she started tapping her PF reserves and pushing herself further.
    I can get behind that. Now that she has no more access to the Phoenix Force, I guess we will have to see what she can really do, although I may have missed it because I only skim through X-men Red.

And it still has Alex fan art, and even a few of my weird art from back then
    Was the last one yours? I remember that! I think I have fanart on there as well. I'm gonna have to check when I get home. Can't really remember my username there, but really all I have to do is find a user who typed in blue if I can still open up threads there lol.
    Last edited by Drey; 10-18-2018 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, Psylocke is the character featured on the most covers for the debut issue. So far she's the only one to be on every single one?
    Jean was in every one of them,wasn't she?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Jean was in every one of them,wasn't she?

The action figure variant has betsy and only betsy 😍

Why is Olivia Munn being stated as in Dark Phoenix. I was pretty sure she wasn't......

https://www.thewrap.com/dark-phoenix...en-film-video/

BANNED

The action figure variant has betsy and only betsy ��
    That's cool.She deserves more love.

Ultimate Member

I guess that it all depends on if the book really focuses on a few of the characters or just gives a little for each, and again covers don't always mean what we hope/want them to...not negative just cautious...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I guess that it all depends on if the book really focuses on a few of the characters or just gives a little for each, and again covers don't always mean what we hope/want them to...not negative just cautious...
    Well,there's only one wolverine,i mean logan.lol.

Ultimate Member

And yet he's in several books and is one of Marvel's BIG characters, Betsy I fear will get overshadowed and any characterization will be few and far between...

I missed these.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Why is Olivia Munn being stated as in Dark Phoenix. I was pretty sure she wasn't......

https://www.thewrap.com/dark-phoenix...en-film-video/
    Whoever wrote the article is probably misinformed/mislead by comments Olivia made. She might be in the movie after all, but it’s probably just a worthless cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And yet he's in several books and is one of Marvel's BIG characters, Betsy I fear will get overshadowed and any characterization will be few and far between...
    Sometimes covers are misleading, other times they’re screaming the truth in your face and you just don’t want to listen. *cough*Mystery in Madripoor.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I can't tell from the signature but this is Jeff Dekal, right? He's a huge Betsy fan so it's awesome he got to do this cover if it is. This one has definitely jumped to my second favorite.

These recent covers are so good! The good girl is also gonna be in the Skottie Young variant