Page 770 of 820 FirstFirst ... 270670720760766767768769770771772773774780 ... LastLast
Results 11,536 to 11,550 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Uhhh... I'm not sure I'm happy about her "ninja days" being behind her. I hope they aren't insinuating she won't be a martial artist any more.
    I would not be shocked to learn that the writers at Marvels think that martial art skills are an element of the Asian body, and now that she is in a Caucasian body, she should be using a giant psychic claymore and riding a gallant psychic destrier.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well unless he'd done something different I don't see why she would be irritated with him-and even if she were I doubt that in that event she'd just let him die or do anything to bad to him, though that's only at the start...as for weapons it's not entirely strange for them to change given her current change...as for negativity I could have said that about those that wanted her back in her English body for those years...

And I often get ganged up on when I dare to say something to the opposition that some seem to view as gospel about something...
    I wouldn't look too deep into it. She may be irritated with him like how many of us get irritated with our loved ones. I love my older sister, but she irritates me with her shenanigans. I can't with her lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Uhhh... I'm not sure I'm happy about her "ninja days" being behind her. I hope they aren't insinuating she won't be a martial artist any more.
    I took that statement as being a slightly trollish joke. That she'll still be the same in skills and powers, no matter the body, putting to rest the topic for those that are afraid she's back to her pre-Siege Perilous status.

Now excuse me I'm late for an ugly sweater party and will return...soon...

Ultimate Member

Well Drey that's why I didn't jump up and down and shout about the irritated bit, she could just be upset that he was somebody else horseman again...just know that some would want to blow that part out of proportion is all...maybe the ninja skills being one of those be careful what you wish for kind of things...

Not attacking Iz just saying that they haven't been a couple in years and it'd only be a retread if they just reused the old storylines for them...they could surprise you and do something new and different, maybe they'd lead a team together and not be all about angst and such...though if you look at it in view of Warren being a horseman again you could see it as both being returned to their original looks, and both would probably have some junk to deal with because of it, and who better to understand what the other is going through then each other...and not every X-friendship has to turn into romance...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 11-13-2018 at 03:31 PM.

BetsyxWarren is deader than disco. All hail BetsyxKurt. :P
    But seriously Warren and Betsy get boring for me after a while every single time.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    But seriously Warren and Betsy get boring for me after a while every single time.
    Burtsy forever... I'm not sayin, i'm just saying.

Ultimate Member

Better off as friends imho...Kurt and Betsy, and odd how if I did the same in return I'd probably get attacked or something close to that for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Burtsy forever... I'm not sayin, i'm just saying.
    Thanks for the images Tazirai. They look adorable together. I know there are those that liked the KurtxRachel ship but I consider the KurtxBetsy a long overdue tease since she first showed up in UXM. Here is another contribution. Thanks Rick Gordon.

I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...canny-x-men-1/

"Also, wait until you see his take on Psylocke’s all-new, all-different psychic weapons. Guess those ninja days are behind Betsy. "
    I'm okay with her exploring new psychic weapons as long as its not too obscure like the Gatling Gun in Guggenheim's X-Men #18. I don't think they should ditch her ninja skills. I hope this is only a playful trolling.

Ultimate Member

Again it may be one of those be careful what you wish for, they could view the katana and ninja skills as being to Asian for the now English Betsy to wield...

Psylocke doesnt need a katana. The only weapon she really needs is her psy-knife and thats already been confirmed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psylocke doesnt need a katana. The only weapon she really needs is her psy-knife and thats already been confirmed
    And this...

I never understood why they didn't use a lot of Elizabeth's skills of psycho blasts and illusion/trickery when she was transformed into an Asian Ninja. It is perfect and would mesh well with the craft. Then I forget Ninja's in the 90's were a certain thing in the West (thanks turtles) and nothing that we will get until Naruto and other anime shows (thanks crunchyroll). Instead it just felt like they abandoned one version of Elizabeth to give us another one that just carries her name around. I can understand why later writers didn't realize Betsy as Captain Britains twin sister due to the change. :/ You had soo many opportunities Marvel but if anyone is to make a ninja type character please make them unique. I don't want to see the travesty of Scarlet in G.I Joe during the 90's with another character...

BANNED

I never understood why they didn't use a lot of Elizabeth's skills of psycho blasts and illusion/trickery when she was transformed into an Asian Ninja. It is perfect and would mesh well with the craft. Then I forget Ninja's in the 90's were a certain thing in the West (thanks turtles) and nothing that we will get until Naruto and other anime shows (thanks crunchyroll). Instead it just felt like they abandoned one version of Elizabeth to give us another one that just carries her name around. I can understand why later writers didn't realize Betsy as Captain Britains twin sister due to the change. :/ You had soo many opportunities Marvel but if anyone is to make a ninja type character please make them unique. I don't want to see the travesty of Scarlet in G.I Joe during the 90's with another character...
    In Spurriers X-Force book she varied in tactics, which I love. Her performance in that book was pretty damned good, and not just stabby stabby.

As well as in Remender's UXF, I remember in one scene where she tricked/controlled Blob to jump from a cliff. Even in Bunn's Uncanny she uses Dinasour to attack Magneto. Not so many writers (especially in the 90s) write her well, but in the arms of capable writers, she can be gold.

Well unless he'd done something different I don't see why she would be irritated with him-and even if she were I doubt that in that event she'd just let him die or do anything to bad to him, though that's only at the start...as for weapons it's not entirely strange for them to change given her current change...as for negativity I could have said that about those that wanted her back in her English body for those years...

And I often get ganged up on when I dare to say something to the opposition that some seem to view as gospel about something...
    I can see her saying..."Warren...again? Really?"

Well Drey that's why I didn't jump up and down and shout about the irritated bit, she could just be upset that he was somebody else horseman again...just know that some would want to blow that part out of proportion is all...maybe the ninja skills being one of those be careful what you wish for kind of things...

Not attacking Iz just saying that they haven't been a couple in years and it'd only be a retread if they just reused the old storylines for them...they could surprise you and do something new and different, maybe they'd lead a team together and not be all about angst and such...though if you look at it in view of Warren being a horseman again you could see it as both being returned to their original looks, and both would probably have some junk to deal with because of it, and who better to understand what the other is going through then each other...and not every X-friendship has to turn into romance...
    Warren needs to be removed from the ever present Apocalypse stuff. He used to be jovial and fun. Once he gets back to that place he will be in a better position.

Burtsy is cute, but I'm gonna pass on that. Don't want Psylocke to be with every single X-man just because she gets along with them. All the writers use Betsy as a scape goat to sleep with the next random X dude. They wouldn't dare do that to their precious Jean, Storm, or Rogue. Let some other X women sleep around and leave Betsy alone for good stories beyond hookups.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I want it all though. From Psy-knife to katana to bow and arrow to psycho-blasts.

To be fair, CC still used all those abilities in the early Asian days. Jim Lee had her defeating Andrea Von Strucker, fighting and psychically manipulating Omega Red, mind controlling Sabretooth, and fighting Matsu'o Tsurayaba at the same time.