Page 780 of 820 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    cool. do you have a link to that?
    http://handaxe.tumblr.com/post/18019...e-have-a-gf-in

http://handaxe.tumblr.com/post/18019...white-psylocke

A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Yeah, Kwannon shouldn't be a villain.

Correct. Kinsey scale.

Grats on the win Logan.
    Thanks, though I don't think that Kwannon would be a big hero either, she was pretty much a villain before the whole body melding and it probably wouldn't take much to go that way again...

Kwannon was a Hand agent and assassin. She was assuredly a baddie.

Her body has been a hero for thirty years. The image of Psylocke fighting the X-Men is tired and boring, but what else could possibly be new in this economy?

Kwannon was a villain originally, yes. She did not die as one though. She changed for the better.

I see her along the same morally gray compass as many of the X-men. Sure they're "heroes", but when you have those heroes participating in kill squads...

Ultimate Member

Well that was 30 years our time, in comics time it wasn't nearly as long and they could go any way with her whatever she does...and it would probably be the most likely option to have her want to kill Betsy, that she'd blame Betsy for it all...

It doesn't make sense for Kwannon to want to kill Betsy. She didn't do it then and she wouldn't do it now. She even went out of her way to make sure that Betsy was whole again by bestowing Matsu'o the psychic imprint and elements of Psylocke she had within herself.

Why do all of that for someone you hate?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Kwannon was a Hand agent and assassin. She was assuredly a baddie.

Her body has been a hero for thirty years. The image of Psylocke fighting the X-Men is tired and boring, but what else could possibly be new in this economy?
    30 years our time. Also, there are a lot of "Heroes" who are assassins, and a recent study showed Heroes committed more of the violence than the villains.
    But I don't think Kwannon was the cackling Villain. Her body was maybe 1-2 years with Psylocke, before the retcon then the Nu body. So maybe 4-5 years tops in their time.

Kwannon was a villain originally, yes. She did not die as one though. She changed for the better.

I see her along the same morally gray compass as many of the X-men. Sure they're "heroes", but when you have those heroes participating in kill squads...
    Morally gray, and after her association with the X-men for a short time, more heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well that was 30 years our time, in comics time it wasn't nearly as long and they could go any way with her whatever she does...and it would probably be the most likely option to have her want to kill Betsy, that she'd blame Betsy for it all...
    I agree with Logan on this.

It doesn't make sense for Kwannon to want to kill Betsy. She didn't do it then and she wouldn't do it now. She even went out of her way to make sure that Betsy was whole again by bestowing Matsu'o the psychic imprint and elements of Psylocke she had within herself.

Why do all of that for someone you hate?
    Agreed.

Ultimate Member

It might not make sense for some of us but then again when has that really mattered with Marvel, and they'd probably like the idea of the two fighting to the death or whatever rather than them being friends of something of that nature, and different writers view characters differently regardless of their history...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It might not make sense for some of us but then again when has that really mattered with Marvel, and they'd probably like the idea of the two fighting to the death or whatever rather than them being friends of something of that nature, and different writers view characters differently regardless of their history...
    I can see where you're coming from, but I'm willing to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt in this situation. Betsy was reversed back to her OG form because in this day and age, it was seen as a problem. If Kwannon, a true person of color, comes back just to be turned into a pure villain, that can be viewed as problematic as well. I think they have to be careful when dealing with her.

I would say to let Betsy develop for a few years until bringing Kwannon back into the fold. Then, I'd like to see Kwannon back with a drastically different appearance (albeit in the same Japanese body) and develop her story as an individual character. The best way to do so would be to reintroduce her without Betsy involved. That way, the both of them can grow independently without the feeling that they always have to be tied together. Eventually, Betsy and Kwannon can have a story where they meet again.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I would say to let Betsy develop for a few years until bringing Kwannon back into the fold. Then, I'd like to see Kwannon back with a drastically different appearance (albeit in the same Japanese body) and develop her story as an individual character. The best way to do so would be to reintroduce her without Betsy involved. That way, the both of them can grow independently without the feeling that they always have to be tied together. Eventually, Betsy and Kwannon can have a story where they meet again.
    It would be a waste to leave Kwannon on the backburner for a few years. She should eb used now independently of Psylocke in another book and build up to them coming face to face sometime late next year or 2020

has the crush/flirtation between Betsy and Doug Ramsey been dealt with anymore, post-Claremont?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has the crush/flirtation between Betsy and Doug Ramsey been dealt with anymore, post-Claremont?
    No. They havent interacted since the mid 80s

Ultimate Member

And wasn't he taken over along with some of the other younger mutants by some tech virus or something so I don't see them meeting anytime soon either...thankfully...