Page 721 of 820 FirstFirst ... 221621671711717718719720721722723724725731771 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I feel like because the art was always so blurred about how the body looked (especially with the eurasian features) there's never really going to be a definitive way to draw her looking purely white outside of the lavender hair. And that all comes down to the colorist honestly.

At this point, they probably feel everyone ready MiM and you know what body she's in no matter what.
    I also noticed the cover background has Betsy in her ninja garb. So the cover artist might be trying to make a connection between the two images of Betsy and Angel. Perhaps the interior art will have a more obvious alteration to Betsy.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Artists have never been very consistent with Psylocke's features, as far as Asian or not, but it is kinda funny to see them still slipping in that regard.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Beautiful Psylocke cover. Not surprised her hair is back to being a darker hue or that she looks no different after taking on her original appearance again.

Warren? That look is...interesting. But someone PLEASE save him from the never ending Apocalypse stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Whats this all about now?

I feel like the artist didn't get the memo on Betsy newer appearance. How inconsistent is Psylocke for the past 20 years?
    Am I the only one who is tired of their "relationship" regardless if they are together or not?
    @Drey I wholeheartedly agree. It was amazing the first time and then everybody just wanted to do their own version of it.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    Being a teenager back then, that was the holy grail of adolescence! Of course that'd sort of relationship between real people is not right socially and legally, especially in society today.

It's not going to stop me from shipping those two though! After all, they are not real people. *hides Dakimakura body pillows of Psylocke (both Caucasian and Asian)*

Oh, Elisabeth is not legal anymore while Douglas now is. After all, can't have an 'older' male going out with an infant. This re-creation of her physical body reset her birth-date! Now if she was 14 then it would be A-OK by Marvel as there has been a precedent already set for it by Colossus and Kitty.
    Hahahahaha! Aces.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This looks interesting. What cover is this for?

Is it me or did Warren's look appear to be influenced by God of War IV?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Psylocke should have been no older than 24 during the Mutant Massacre,I remember they had chosen 1956 as Jean's year of birth for her tombstone at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga,which was the same year for Brian and Betsy.

I bet there is one year difference between Storm,Jean,Emma,Polaris and Psylocke,tops.
    She was 30 when she joined. It's been stated and I even posted pages with the actual dates for things. 24 when Synne tampered with her. Her powers manifested over the course of the next few years. She was born in 56. In 82 she was attacked by Slaymaster while a full member of STRIKE. She got kidnpapped by Mojo for 1 year at 29, and joined at 30. Marvel UK aged in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Haha, yeah that was definitely risque for that time period.

I agree since they (Brian, Betsy, and Jean) all share the same birth year. Only difference is that the Marvel UK universe characters used to age in real time. New Mutants Annual #2 would've put Betsy at 30 (published in 1986) if she had stayed in the Marvel UK comics. But with everyone being de-aged at some point or another along with time moving slower in the American Marvel Universe, it's hard to pinpoint their exact ages.

So, it looks like many of you are fond of Betsy in the Captain Britain stories, I am too. Do you guys still hold onto her original past regarding her age and power manifestations? Or do you acknowledge CC's retcon of Betsy having S.T.R.I.K.E. hand to hand combat training & able to use psychic blasts? Or Humphries's retcon of Betsy being 16 when her full telepathic abilities manifested, hearing the thoughts of everyone in NYC, making her younger and even more powerful early on?
    Agreed. With the way marvel ages up and down characters now. I ignore the Stuff Claremont tried to retcon her being a badass from the start. So all the CB stuff, and New Mutants, then Uncanny up until 256 was the real her. No need for a swap if she was a badass lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy Braddock is Psylocke.

I’m not understanding why SHE needs to give up the code name she’s had for 30 + years.

Psylocke not being Asian means she can’t have that code name?
    Exactly. She got the name from Mojo, not Kwannon.
    Betsy is the Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I think this is why I was so awestruck to find out she was 26 was her powers first manifested. I think the retcons were fresher in my mind, so the whole NYC thing was what I remember as most current.
    When they tried that NYC retcon it had me LOL. Glad no one uses the Stuff Humphries did. He was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I feel like the artist didn't get the memo on Betsy newer appearance. How inconsistent is Psylocke for the past 20 years?
    Am I the only one who is tired of their "relationship" regardless if they are together or not?
    @Drey I wholeheartedly agree. It was amazing the first time and then everybody just wanted to do their own version of it.
    I usually don't mind and even like Betsy/Warren but I can already see how this goes down for the umpteenth time "Warren you've got to remember who you are please wah wah wah" So tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    This looks interesting. What cover is this for?
    Uncanny X-Men #5

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I feel like because the art was always so blurred about how the body looked (especially with the eurasian features) there's never really going to be a definitive way to draw her looking purely white outside of the lavender hair. And that all comes down to the colorist honestly.

At this point, they probably feel everyone ready MiM and you know what body she's in no matter what.
    Personally, I think the artist just didn't get the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Ah, I see. It's kinda less clear about what age her powers actively manifested originally. When she showed up in 1982 (26 years old), she stated to Brian that she was a precog and a telepath. But she also mentions that she used to get odd psychic flashes which goes back to the time before she dyed her hair purple. Brian had just returned from another reality and I believe it had been around 3 years since they last saw each other. He spent 2 years as a hermit before being sent to another reality, so I'm thinking that originally some time between 23-26 her powers fully manifested.

And I'm also on the nope train for Kwannon taking the codename Psylocke. Betsy is the only Psylocke and she's been Psylocke way before the body swap. Kwannon can keep the codename Revanche. Or maybe Psykey? Heh.
    Synne took her at 24, during one of the Red Skulls attacks on Britain.

But who knows now lol.

I'm sick of her and Warren, and her and Fandumbex...

I hope they do get more consistent with her appeaarances.

Am I the only one who is tired of their "relationship" regardless if they are together or not.
    It's my least favorite Psylocke relationship. I've had enough and he needs to leave her alone!

I'm excited she gets a cover though. Hopefully, she has some good story beats aside from being around the guy with wings.

Psylocke's hair will probably be corrected to lavender when the actual comic comes out. It should be a simple recoloring and lessening of the shadows in her hair, so hopefully the editor is already on it.

Pretty cover,but otherwise,nothing really interesting.