Page 653 of 820 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663703753 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,795 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Well according to the preview she will not be that warrior anymore..... pfffft.

https://www.cbr.com/hunt-for-wolveri...n-madripoor-4/
    its too soon to tell and that preview only shows her on the astral plane/dream space or whatever they are calling that.

Yeah, I don't get where you guys are getting she's not a warrior anymore from that preview? All she says is she's not in the body of a Japanese warrior woman and then goes on to say she's not helpless. If anything that gives me "I'm not in THAT warrior body anymore but I'm still a badass bitch"
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-18-2018 at 02:58 PM.

BANNED

Honestly, the Get Out comparison just seems apt so really, it's for the best she gets her body back and Kwannon can be her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Because that’s what we need another white/patrician woman with money and connections, who lives a problem free charmed life. Yes that’s what I was looking for another aristo super-hero to admire. Because Emma Frost, Elektra and Medusa aren’t enough.
    We can have great stories with Caucasian Betsy shopping with The Duchess of Sussex. Popping around for tea and crumpets with The Duchess of Cambridge and bouncing young Prince Louis on her lap. She can even pick up Princess Charlotte from day care. How delightful! We can have an X book that’s like Downton Abbey.
    But...that's never been Betsy? Even when she was white she still wanted to be the warrior? The fact that everyone is acting like she's suddenly going to become Emma 2.0 or suddenly get regulated to side character status is very strange. Marvel knows that her whole thing is being the psychic ninja badass. Why bring about this massive change, start putting her at the forefront of events and covers if all they're going to do is ignore her randomly for someone else?And again, the psychic knives just seem to be a huge indicator that that is still going to be her status quo.

Mighty Member

Not sure because I haven't read this series yet, but isn't there a scan of her bursting out of Saphire Styx body as psionic energy? Is it possible that that happens in the book and she uses her TK to form herself a corporeal body again in the way that she has always seen herself? That would burn out her TK and they could go from there

She's certainly not the warrior she was,in that she doesn't have a body to go back to.But yes,it's all inconclusive for now.

And even she goes back to peak fitness after she returns to her old body,what would be the point story/development-wise?That chapter got the closure it deserved years ago and opening it again kind of invalidates so many of her past experiences,IMO.

So are we saying that Asian body made her everything that she was and without it she's basically nothing?

That comes off so weird to me. What if this new body is superior? We don't know anything yet. But for people saying she can't have a warrior mentality and be a fighter still because she doesn't have an Asian body is so off-putting. And how exactly is she losing everything. She literally says in that panel all the past versions of her and experiences are her. BETSY BRADDOCK.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So are we saying that Asian body made her everything that she was and without it she's basically nothing?

That comes off so weird to me. What if this new body is superior? We don't know anything yet. But for people saying she can't have a warrior mentality and be a fighter still because she doesn't have an Asian body is so off-putting. And how exactly is she losing everything. She literally says in that panel all the past versions of her and experiences are her. BETSY BRADDOCK.
    Exactly. She's had this mentality. The original arc just gave her the means (the brainwashing and training, not the body). She's lived this life and it would only be regressing her character. The body doesn't make the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeah, I don't get where you guys are getting she's not a warrior anymore from that preview? All she says is she's not in the body of a Japanese warrior woman and then goes on to say she's not helpless. If anything that gives me "I'm not in THAT warrior body anymore but I'm still a badass bitch"
    She says I may Not have the body of a Japanese warrior anymore but that doesn't make me helpless. Then proceeds 5o shove someone and run away. I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume she could possibly lose the ninja aspect. Let's not act like these dots are out of left field. I always make valid and logical conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    She says I may Not have the body of a Japanese warrior anymore but that doesn't make me helpless. Then proceeds 5o shove someone and run away. I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume she could possibly lose the ninja aspect. Let's not act like these dots are out of left field. I always make valid and logical conclusions.
    There’s like forty of them and counting? She’s discombobulated, gathering her bearings and trying to find a way to escape and find her friends.
    Sometimes it’s easier to cut and run than have a pointless battle.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-19-2018 at 04:25 AM.

BANNED

Psylocke by KJ Franssen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I would be highly annoyed if Psylocke Martial arts was taken away because there is no logical reason for her to lose it. An Asain body doesn't give her martial arts and even if she was to lose Kwannon memories/ abilities she has years of doing martial arts herself. Unless something traumatic happens with her memories the exact the same character fighting wise should exisit when Psylocke switch bodies the only difference the body she might end up is not the same physical shape as the old one. So her abilites is dimished it would be because she in body not the shape to do all the same things.

Also, I am one of the rare people who like Psylocke as better stronger Telekinetic than Telepath. Why? Because Psylocke will always get jobbed in TP department the X-world has Xavier, Jean, Rachel, Emma and Quire and writers love pushing their favorite to the top. The big fear is she is going to become lesser TP purple headed Jean Grey and with Jean around you don't need the purple hair version. Now if Psylocke is the premiere telekinetic they are only Jean and Hellion really high level. She would easily have that niche all to herself. I rather her as mid level telepath and Omega level TK basically she would be Darth Vader or Kylo ren. Anyways if you are Pyslocke fan prepare for her to get psychically jobbed i can see that happening a lot more now
    Psylocke already Jobs to everybody.
    She's the Worf of like every team she's on, even when she does get a good push. She loses winnable fights all the time.

She gets chumped Psychically. Just lost to Rachel.
    She got chumped by nobody villains in X-force.
    She got chumped by Medusa.
    Etc.

I love her, but I can look at her objectively. Omega level means jack ****, and should be done away with, as nobody even knows what it means.
    It's a way to say my character is stupid powerful, .......regardless of feats that prove otherwise.

If she's in a body that lacks muscle memory, she's gotta re-learn some of it, even if her brain remembers.
    It's like Amnesiacs being unable ot remember anything, but can still drive a car and follow the road rules safely. Because it's subconscious now.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 08-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    But...that's never been Betsy? Even when she was white she still wanted to be the warrior? The fact that everyone is acting like she's suddenly going to become Emma 2.0 or suddenly get regulated to side character status is very strange. Marvel knows that her whole thing is being the psychic ninja badass. Why bring about this massive change, start putting her at the forefront of events and covers if all they're going to do is ignore her randomly for someone else?And again, the psychic knives just seem to be a huge indicator that that is still going to be her status quo.
    Right now we don't know that she's at the forefront of anything, only that she's on the team, they could easily just have her there as support for Jean and others, and covers don't always mean anything...and if she's basically going to be the same then why make the swap at all if not as a kneejerk reaction by the editor to cover up his own mistakes that had nothing to do with Betsy in the first place...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IKR? Did he forget Sabretooth mauling her to near death? Psylocke got her ass handed to her quite a bit in the Asian body. It didnt make her more durable
    Psylocke was still pretty squishy.

No matter what body she’s in, depending on the writer, she’s always in danger of getting her butt beat. That’s doesn’t change just because she goes back to her old body/some semblance of her old body.