Page 647 of 820 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_xfan View Post
    Someone may have already posted this but:

Do we even know if the person in that body is Psylocke?
    As far as I know, we never got any confirmation that it was Psylocke in Sapphire's mind

Lets read the solicit for #4 again:

One of The X-Men Is Changed Forever!
    •Past and present clash in final battle on an island of secrets and sin!
    • What darkness lies within Sapphire Styx?
    • Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?

What if Betsy is dead for real, and this is actually Kwannon ?
    *cackles*The solicit itself states in the fourth sentence that Psylocke WILL come out alive one way or another.She hasn't been gone for real either,because Domino heard her voice in her head.

It's ludicrous how tight-lipped and elusive the writers are about it when the ending has already been given away by the covers.
    Last edited by Selene; 08-15-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Taz - Our Lady Glorianna is definitely a butterfly!

8 more days before we finally have the big answer to this situation. How do you all think Betsy will feel about looking more like her original self again? Will she look at this as a way to do things over, so to speak? Will she be numb to the change since she's been back and forth between both bodies and taunted multiple times with the return of her original form?

From her perspective, is her current Eurasian body a literal reminder of being manipulated by others? Or will her original form remind her of past failures and not feeling adequate enough when compared to her brothers or other X-men?

Anyone a Game of Thrones fan? I had a thought that child Betsy (from what we've seen in flashbacks, most notably Acts of Vengeance) reminds me of Arya Stark in the first season? She had a sense of adventure and was a tomboy, which were the qualities that were seen in young Betsy. Jamie was the eldest and the cool one with the flashy cars and the flashy girls while Brian was the smartest, taking after their father. She had to forge her own path, much like Arya. Similarly, events in both of their lives led them down dark paths and ended up as killers.
    Late reply but, I totally see the similarities. ❤️Arya.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Quick question: would you guys like for her to keep the other psychic weapons in her new old body?
    Yes, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    *cackles*The solicit itself states in the fourth sentence that Psylocke WILL come out alive one way or another.She hasn't been gone for real either,because Domino heard her voice in her head.

It's ludicrous how tight-lipped and elusive the writers are about it when the ending has already been given away by the covers.
    Marvel is weird to say the least, so I don’t rule anything out, even that ludicrous, worst case scenario. But yeah the most likely scenario is that Psylocke is going back to her old body.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    psychic weapons seem pointless if they are just TP and not TK. The only weapons Id like to see is the psy-knife and katana bc those are so iconic with her. The other stuff she's done can go away with the TK (which I hope is gone)
    Are we sure the TK is gone with the white body? And will people be offended if she wields a katana being back on her original body?

Are we sure the TK is gone with the white body? And will people be offended if she wields a katana being back on her original body?
    I'd like to think that no one would be offended if she kept the katana. Even Revanche could create a katana and sword out of psychic energy in Betsy's OG body.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I'd like to think that no one would be offended if she kept the katana. Even Revanche could create a katana and sword out of psychic energy in Betsy's OG body.
    Revanche's sword was obviously a cutlass. Or something more British-y.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

No we dont which is why I said I hope its gone

We don’t know. I think it’s possible she could keep her TK. It seemed like her original body had TK potential anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Awww there is fanart already. <3

http://matchewie.tumblr.com/post/177...ly-starting-to

I could never imagine a cover with Betsy on it and thinking she doesn’t stand out. Idk. That purple hair, that butterfly, those psychic knives, those power stances...she’s unforgettable. My fave!
    Agreed. I don't get the boredom argument either. But to each their own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Since it’s seems like I’m the only one campaigning

Attachment 69371
    A tangent but... I always wanted to know what CGAR meant lol.

Quick question: would you guys like for her to keep the other psychic weapons in her new old body?
    Naw. get rid of them. Much like her Eurasian form. I liked it enough for two seconds to do this... But dislike it overall. I'll be happy with her being a TP again.

Last edited by Tazirai; 08-15-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    And now I desperately want to see a psionic claymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Correct, which is why I think she should keep the ability to create weapons. Even after Revanche died in X-men #32, Psylocke manifested a cutlass when Spiral showed up after she felt Revanche die. Then an issue or so later, blocked a physical object with her psychic sword. I think the writers were going somewhere with her restored power level, but then AoA happened and once everything was set right, she was almost killed by Sabretooth and shunted off to limbo, only to reappear here and there until she became a regular X-man again in Revolution.

Psyknight- Yeah she totally had TK potential as far back as the Captain Britain days. Not sure how pure telepathy can knock someone and objects across a room and melt your face and leave your body smoking. That's some whole other level psychic **** right there lol. Scanners anyone?

I don't mind the TK weapons, I even kind of liked it....but then again...I'm fairly easy. For me as long as she has purple hair (not short!), it's a competent telepath, has fighting skills and is well written I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Awww there is fanart already. <3
    Much prefer the colouring on this compared to the official art we've seen. The bright lilac is a bit much for me.

BANNED

British Betsy should bring back her perm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yronheart View Post
    Much prefer the colouring on this compared to the official art we've seen. The bright lilac is a bit much for me.
    Same. I particularly don’t like how the lilac is so light on the the Uncanny cover that it looks almost white.