Page 442 of 820 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 12295
    BANNED

Preview looks good, wish we had that art for the whole book.

Magnetolocke is always drama, glad this is continuing the trend. I think she'll put the pieces together by the end of it, which is why they'll be after Emma in the new book >

The preview does look really good. I have my problems with Bunn, but if he can give me more of this Psylocke and not just relation to Magneto, then good on him.

Re: Rogue and Gambit

I've always found Psylocke's relationships with them to be oddly interesting. Rogue and Psylocke do seem like friends to me but definitely in a more "shallow" way than say her and Logan. Their relationship is like a playful competitive rivalry. "Work friends" as Psycwave put it also fits. Her relationship with Gambit has always been sort of a tough nut to crack. They didn't seem to trust each other, but there's definite hints he cares or cared about her, it's hard to say what if anything she feels about him. Both relationships have potential for more depth. Note: more depth in the latter relationship's case does not have to mean they fall in love and make a bunch purple haired, red eyed babies. In both relationships cases, it just means they have more shared experiences, they bond more you see more facets to the relationship.

Now whether whoever is writing this book is interested in exploring any of this is a big question mark for now. But all 3 of them being in a book together makes me happy.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 03-09-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Okay so the book is officially Astonishing X-men and is going to be written by Charles Soule. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he the one who wrote the embarrassing IvX #6?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Okay so the book is officially Astonishing X-men and is going to be written by Charles Soule. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is he the one who wrote the embarrassing IvX #6?
    He did!

He was also just on his twitter saying that Psylocke has a huge role to play in this story. Yay?

It looks like you and I will be begging for Mr.Bunn to take over the book...

Bishop is a breath of fresh air at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    He did!

He was also just on his twitter saying that Psylocke has a huge role to play in this story. Yay?
    "Yay?" is the perfect way to put it. I'm not sure what I should feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    It looks like you and I will be begging for Mr.Bunn to take over the book...

Bishop is a breath of fresh air at least.
    It's beginning to look like that.

On one hand, you could argue maybe Soule only wrote her as moronically as he did due to some weird "the X-men must look stupid in front of the Inhumans" editorial manipulation and maybe there won't be any of that in this book. Huge maybe.

Yep, this feels a bit like a punch to the ovaries.

"Yay?" is the perfect way to put it. I'm not sure what I should feel.
    I mean, honestly, I didn't hate Soule's work on She-Hulk or Daredevil so part of me is optimistic. The other half just remembers what just went on in IvX though and groans so loudly. One could argue it was because he was the active Inhumans writer at the time and had to paint them in a specific light but still. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It sure is a beautiful cast....

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

It feels like the 90's blue team kinda vibe here. Street level ...

Id rather X-Force but ok. Happy she kept this costume, i love it.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

I mean, honestly, I didn't hate Soule's work on She-Hulk or Daredevil so part of me is optimistic. The other half just remembers what just went on in IvX though and groans so loudly. One could argue it was because he was the active Inhumans writer at the time and had to paint them in a specific light but still. Only time will tell.
    Right, I keeping reading from others that he's good outside of IvX. It's the question of how much of his depiction of Psylocke in IvX is the editors and how much of that is him that's really making me apprehensive. Even if it was all due to the editors, how do we know they won't interfere in a similar way on this book?
    Last edited by Psyknight; 03-09-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Right. I've never read his other stuff, but it was clear his Inhumans push and IvX were editorial mandated. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

BANNED

Yeah basing his talents on an annual "event" is very dangerous, as they're always terrible and nonsensical.

His investment in the cast of characters will determine how this goes,IMO.He can be like Mike Carey and suffer tight editorial regulation,but still be able to produce solid work...Or he can end up like Fraction,with lots of creative leeway and iffy results simultaneously;and Fraction's work for Iron Man,Thor and Hawkeye(though I have not read that one)was brilliant.

Irrespective of who gave the order for IvX,what I've read from Soule is reason alone to worry.

And God help us if they assign the art duties to Greg Land again.