Page 716 of 820 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766816 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 12295
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Why would people want the look of (previous) Psylocke to be Kwannnon's? Give the woman her own identity.

Eurasian Psylocke should always be Betsy Braddock. Even if its in the past now. It's part of Betsy Braddock history. It's not even Kwannon's original look. Kwannon should be a genuine Asian (free from tampering/meddling/recondition).

As for Gemma Chan, she could be a really good movie Psylocke. But I just don't see her as a ninja. She's just too poised IMO. Marvel could also make Betsy bi-racial from the get-go, no need to explain the bodyswap/recombination thing. Just make her the step sister of Brian (from another mother) and possible twin sister of Jamie.
    Agreed on Kwannon, let her be her own woman.

Although I don't want them to be Eurasian Siblings in movie or tv, especially with the swap back. Now that the Asian thing is done, let it be done, and move on from there in TV.
    Gemma Chan doesn't have to be a Ninja per say. That in and of itself would be kinda tropey and stereotypical in this day and age. She should just be a badass martial fighter like Black Widow.
    Gemma's poise is what would make her a deadly fighter. She'd literally be a Madame Butterfly type fighter, not some brute. More focus on grace and disabling, rather than being a brute.

If she's an Agent, she could be a field Ops style, unlike the comics where she was more a remote viewer type.

BANNED

I do hope they get a good costumer and keep her away from deep and dark colors for her costume though. You can go slightly muted and add some textures to make it pop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    My fancast would consist of:
    Brian-William Moseley
    Betsy-Gabriella Wilde
    Jamie-Eddie Redmayne
    Merlyn-Sean Bean
    Roma-Naomie Harris
    Vixen-if she were alive, Eartha Kitt, but I’ll settle for Thandie Newton
    Arcade-Ameet Chana
    Mad Jim Jaspers-Dev Patel
    Really like the cast you chose.
    Only downside is SPOILERS, if You watched Season 2 of West World, Thandie may or may not be free. :P

Mighty Member

Kwannon needs to be defined away from Betsy. Kwannon is not and never was Psylocke. So I think at the end of MIM they shouldn't have used the psyknife when she was questioning where she was. Cut her hair, dye it, a new outfit and a new power signature to separate herself from Psylocke. While Kwannon's body may have been used as Betsy's she'll for all these years, she isn't Psylocke.

I like dark costumes with “pops” of bright color, like her Bunncany costume and to lesser extents her current costume and the Anka costume.

Her costumes in the 80’s tended to be too colorful, 90’s costumes too muted. Her more recent costumes have been a sweet spot in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Considering Elizabeth Braddock's past as a spy they could have her work with SHIELD. That would be amazing. As for Psylocke in the X-Men films, since they never called her by name or mentioned anything about her past, Olivia Munn's character could stay around as Kwannon.
    They actually mention her name 2 or 3 times in the move. By Caliban and Archangel if I'm not wrong.

As for her in the movies maybe Disney wanted to bring her back to her original body so she could be the main telepath in their X-Men movie roster since Jean is going to be butchered again in the Dark Phoenix saga and Emma had a prominent role in First Class and is a villain again in the comics.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    My fancast would consist of:
    Brian-William Moseley
    Betsy-Gabriella Wilde
    Jamie-Eddie Redmayne
    Merlyn-Sean Bean
    Roma-Naomie Harris
    Vixen-if she were alive, Eartha Kitt, but I’ll settle for Thandie Newton
    Arcade-Ameet Chana
    Mad Jim Jaspers-Dev Patel
    I think this set of Braddock siblings is pretty good, especially age-wise(though I might go a hair older for Jamie), and I like Naomie for Roma, but making all the bad guys ethnic minorities doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    My fancast for the Braddock siblings would be:

Charlie Hunnam as Brian
    Katie McGrath as Betsy
    Sacha Baron Cohen as Jamie

As twins, I think Hunnam and McGrath would work well, especially because of their square jaws. Plus, McGrath has the body type and demeanor I feel Cacuasian-body Betsy has.

Also, Sacha Baron Cohen as Jamie is just perfect?
    I love Sacha as Jamie, but the twins seem a little on the old side, especially at the start of a franchise.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    They actually mention her name 2 or 3 times in the move. By Caliban and Archangel if I'm not wrong.

As for her in the movies maybe Disney wanted to bring her back to her original body so she could be the main telepath in their X-Men movie roster since Jean is going to be butchered again in the Dark Phoenix saga and Emma had a prominent role in First Class and is a villain again in the comics.
    Agree with your first point. She was definitely identified as Psylocke. There is no ambiguity.

I don’t understand your second point. What does her being the main telepath have to do with which body she is in? She could be the main telepath in the Asian body too.

BANNED

Disney Actually owned EVERYTHING Captain Britain related up until New mutants Annual #2, which is why they were able to use STRIKE, and Lance Hunter as I posted above. They could use white Psylocke up until New Mutants annual #2, but could not call her Psylocke. Which is why Psylocke is used in the X-men films, but not Elizabeth Braddock, she and CB occupy the same space as Pietro and Wanda Maximoff.

If they used her in the MCU, she would not have been a mutant, much like how she was before the annual. So yeah, Disney owned half of Psylocke lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Agree with your first point. She was definitely identified as Psylocke. There is no ambiguity.

I don’t understand your second point. What does her being the main telepath have to do with which body she is in? She could be the main telepath in the Asian body too.
    But probably they wanted to avoid all the controversy that comes with the Asian body and British Betsy seems to be the more "Disney appropriate" version of the character.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think this set of Braddock siblings is pretty good, especially age-wise(though I might go a hair older for Jamie), and I like Naomie for Roma, but making all the bad guys ethnic minorities doesn't work for me.

I love Sacha as Jamie, but the twins seem a little on the old side, especially at the start of a franchise.
    Brian become Captain Britain not long after College around 22
    Betsy was 26 when she gained her powers, and 30 when he joined the team. So they would be a bit older.
    Than most of the team. Storm, Psylocke, and Logan were the oldest of the Outback team.

But probably they wanted to avoid all the controversy that comes with the Asian body and British Betsy seems to be the more "Disney appropriate" version of the character.
    I get all of that, I just don’t think it matters in relation to whether she’ll be the main telepath or not.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Marvel focuses on the same characters Fox did, they’ll just actually focus on them instead of dragging most of them along for Logan, Mystique, Magneto and Charles’s wild ride. Even if Jean does get butchered in Dark Pheonix she’ll probably still be the go to tp/tk in that first Marvel X-men movie.

Now if i’m wrong and they do use Psylocke instead, then that would be a pretty refreshing change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Brian become Captain Britain not long after College around 22
    Betsy was 26 when she gained her powers, and 30 when he joined the team. So they would be a bit older.
    Than most of the team. Storm, Psylocke, and Logan were the oldest of the Outback team.
    Whoa. Really? Is this stated somewhere? This makes everything with her and Cypher way so weird. I was under the impression she was 19 when she first met the New Mutants.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Haha. I know McGrath isn't the best actress, but I've always been partial to her because I love Morgana. Though, Gabriella Wilde has always been one of my favorite Betsy fancasts, if we were going more toward that age.

I also REALLY like the idea of Daisy Ridley as Betsy. She has the star power and has shown experience with her physical capability in Star Wars. She looks feminine, but also like she could hold her own.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wanted to add some much needed diversity in the cast, and didn’t realize until now that all the villains were ethnic minorities. Ugh. I’ll reeva to even things out a bit more.