Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Betsy Braddock: Psylocke Appreciation 2018

This is the thread to discuss everyone's favorite psychic ninja. Born a mutant with the blood of Otherworld flowing through her veins, Betsy Braddock has dedicated her life to fighting those who hate her and protecting a world that fears her. A staple member of the X-men and X-Force, this is the thread dedicated to PSYLOCKE

Psylocke - Like A Butterfly Blogspot
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-11-2018 at 04:07 PM.

BANNED

Aw yea!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Is Wood's X-Men Psylocke worth a read?

BANNED

Totally. She hogs all the action and Wood's pretty creative with her. Dialogue-wise, she's all fun and doesn't offend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Totally. She hogs all the action and Wood's pretty creative with her. Dialogue-wise, she's all fun and doesn't offend.
    This is true.

Welcome back Betsy appreciation.

o

Absolutely love the upward slope she's been on since Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

She has secured her spot as one of my favorites at this point.

Yes! She's honestly the only one in the book actually doing interesting things and seems to be the most competent.

Who has been writing the more interesting Psylocke, Spurrier or Wood?

Good to see the Psylocke thread back in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yes! She's honestly the only one in the book actually doing interesting things and seems to be the most competent.

That's a tough question to answer. I like how she acts under Spurrier's pen but Wood has been creative with her powers. I liked the psychic bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

I would say Spurrier.

Wood is clearly having a lot of fun with her and as a result she's enjoyable in his book. However the bulk of what he's done with her so far is mostly feats and new uses of her powers.
    That one issue of Spurrier's X-Force that was centered on her was amazing and really developed her character.

I thought the best thing about Humphries X-Force was the personal relationships. He had issues with his pacing and the story could be all over the place at times but when he sat the likes of Betsy/Logan/Storm/Bishop down it was gold. I also applauded his attempts to give Betsy closure on certain aspects of her life i.e Spiral.

Idk I didn't really have the issues that everyone had with Spurrier's Betsy in the first issue but the third definitely made me an even bigger fan. I also love how he emphasizes her accent. It's cute.

Wood really makes Betsy stand out as the competent soldier she is. She's effective, cheeky, creative and confident. Something that I feel has been missing for awhile. The stories have been really lackluster but she shines. He should just turn it into a Psylocke solo, tbh.

Metal <3
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Do you guys think Wood's take on her is worth catching up with X-Men? I stopped right before the Sisterhood (which I heard was very poor). But I will take subpar stories if Betsy is written well.

BANNED

I think so. If you have a good LCS with a discount on tpbs, vol. 2 of adjectiveless just came out today, Aguja. It's the Muertas arc and just after that Battle of the atom mess.

Yeah I think she's being written well by Wood. Not as good as Spurrier but still good.

So with the forum reboot, I can now start fresh. I'll try to be a lot more active in more than one of my favorite character's appreciation threads this time. I was always too timid to come in randomly on a thread and start ranting about my appreciation for said character, but now I can say I've been here from the beginning lol. Anyways I love Betsy. Just though I'd say that!