Page 812 of 820 FirstFirst ... 312712762802808809810811812813814815816 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 12295
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Lot to unpack here, but I have a paper to writer so I'll just say:

1) She is bi in Thor: Ragnarok.
    https://twitter.com/TessaThompson_x/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

2) There's nothing hetero about this:
    The Valkyrie in Thor is Black. Obviously a different Valkyrie. A woman looking like Brunhilda(comic Valkyrie) was shown killed by Hela.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She is not bisexual in the films. And notice her book got canceled and she barely appears anywhere. Her human host is a lesbian while Valkyrie herself is straight. But that isn’t even her in the films. MCU characters are pg-13 and barely have sex, if they do at all because Disney likes money from the kids.
    Valkyrie is in a team book right now, she kissed Annabelle before they fused, and there was a scene cut from Ragnarok confirming she was bi.

https://twitter.com/TessaThompson_x/...76958673113088

Money’s maybe the lesbian. As for Pdylocke I will believe it when it story is actually published. As for this book we’ll see if it isn’t canceled after just a few months. Marvel’s previous recent attempts at pushing gay characters have gone poorly, aside from Iceman and Loki (as the trickster he can get away with anything).
    This is the problem. It doesn't need to be discussed or shown in anything. It already was. Literally what you're trying to say is if she isnt actively participating in lesbian acts. Then she cant be bi. Which is just absurd. She HAD sex with a woman, regardless of circumstances. That changes her sexuality on the spectrum to be bi. You don't go back. Stop insulting the community. Psylockes bi, let's get over it and move on.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Money’s maybe the lesbian. As for Pdylocke I will believe it when it story is actually published. As for this book we’ll see if it isn’t canceled after just a few months. Marvel’s previous recent attempts at pushing gay characters have gone poorly, aside from Iceman and Loki (as the trickster he can get away with anything).
    Wiccan, Hulking and America Chavez were well accepted.

Read the books.

The Valkyrie in Thor is Black. Obviously a different Valkyrie. A woman looking like Brunhilda(comic Valkyrie) was shown killed by Hela.
    huh?

She is not bisexual in the films. And notice her book got canceled and she barely appears anywhere. Her human host is a lesbian while Valkyrie herself is straight. But that isn’t even her in the films. MCU characters are pg-13 and barely have sex, if they do at all because Disney likes money from the kids.
    You were talking about two Valkyries (the one from Ragnarok. and the 616 one that has a human host)........hence why you brought up human hosts. Are you also talking about Brunnhilde in Ragnarok? Why would she not be bi? She's clearly bi in the comics, so where's this straightwashing stuff coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    huh?

You were talking about two Valkyries (the one from Ragnarok. and the 616 one that has a human host)........hence why you brought up human hosts. Are you also talking about Brunnhilde in Ragnarok? Why would she not be bi? She's clearly bi in the comics, so where's this straightwashing stuff coming from?
    They seem to think unless it's shown or we see them kissing or having sex. Then of course their straight because you know, that's their norm. There isnt room for anything else.

She is bisexual in the film but thats besides the point. Kevin Feige has stated that he is looking for more LGBT representation. Having a character be a member of the LGBT community doesnt bump the rating up from a PG-13 to R. The MCU doesnt even focus on romance much. A character's sexuality can just be a part of who they normally are without any extra emphasis on it

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    They seem to think unless it's shown or we see them kissing or having sex. Then of course their straight because you know, that's their norm. There isnt room for anything else.
    Sexuality has to be explicit for nonhetties because otherwise, HOW WOULD WE KNOW?!??11?!1! Heterosexuality always has to be the default, something that people need to prove characters in media aren't. Has Betsy ever said she's straight? No. So why are people so adamant to say she is?

And that's why literary and fictional characters exist timelessly. There are plots and stories that can further develop a character. Humphries wrote a bisexual story for Psylocke -- that doesn't mean every single appearance of hers after that has to be about her bisexuality. But look! Leah Williams is going to continue that story. Read these two tweets that talk about this topic:

In response to someone mentioning that they're going to make Iceman and Northstar a couple just because they're both gay and in the same book, she said:

"Fun fact! When you're not actively hooking up with someone of the same gender, you're still gay!"

On the topic of Psylocke:

"I have the same issues re: Psylocke tbh bc she's canonically bi/pan but it never got addressed again after she came out so folks apparently rlly just think that makes her straight now. My goal is to address queer identity directly, but in a way that adds depth and some nuance."

Leah Williams, an official writer of Marvel Comics has addressed that Psylocke is canonically bisexual. So, yes. Marvel has confirmed she is bisexual. There's nothing else needed to say.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Just another perspective: As a gay male. If the guy i loved ended up becoming a female and we had sex many times for a week or however long. I would still consider myself gay. Because it was a one time thing w someone that used to be male; who i loved.

It all gets complicated. But I would not consider myself bisexual.
    But I don't consider Betsy bisexual. Sexually fluid and open-minded. BUT I can see why people would label her as bisexual.

Hopefully whatever I just wrote made sense.

And we really do get hung up on labels. There are so many labels now in the LGBT now.

Have you seen those articles going around? "Straight men having more gay sex than previously thought"

OK wait so why are they still considered straight men if they are having consistent gay sex. Wouldnt they just be BI?

Or is it what they are labeling themselves.

To shut this arguement down; I would just have Betsy say she fancy's both male and females. Depends on her mood. On panel.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-17-2018 at 09:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Just another perspective: As a gay male. If the guy i loved ended up becoming a female and we had sex many times for a week or however long. I would still consider myself gay. Because it was a one time thing w someone that used to be male; who i loved.

It all gets complicated. But I would not consider myself bisexual.
    But I don't consider Betsy bisexual. Sexually fluid and open-minded. BUT I can see why people would label her as bisexual.

Hopefully whatever I just wrote made sense.

And we really do get hung up on labels. There are so many labels now in the LGBT now.

Have you seen those articles going around? "Straight men having more gay sex than previously thought"

OK wait so why are they still considered straight men if they are having consistent gay sex. Wouldnt they just be BI?

Or is it what they are labeling themselves.

To shut this arguement down; I would just have Betsy say she fancy's both male and females. Depends on her mood. On panel.
    Well the problem of wanting writers to randomly change sexual orientations like this is they could change genders as well. Psylocke could die, possess Longshot and be either a straight male or a gay male? All the characters genders could change? For that matter why not change the characters races randomly too?

Unless it is explicitly shown in the comics a character is not gay. Yes, that’s just the way that is.

BANNED

I mean maybe Psylocke will grow you know what and put it in Jubilee and get her pregnant. I think they would be ridiculous.

Basically Claremont wanted Mystique to grow you know what and get Destiny pregnant with Nightcrawler. Editorially blocked him and ultimately Mystique was revealed to be his mother and Azazel his father. Thank his editorially blocked him. Mythological characters like Loki have had children as both men and women but this just doesn’t work out so well for mutants. Obviously Mystique can grow make parts, but she is female and therefore XX. She can’t change her genes to XY. Or if she could change her genes to that, that means she could change her genes to anything and would have no restrictions on power.

Obviously even in fantasy there have to be rules and restrictions.

Well the problem of wanting writers to randomly change sexual orientations like this is they could change genders as well. Psylocke could die, possess Longshot and be either a straight male or a gay male? All the characters genders could change? For that matter why not change the characters races randomly too?

Unless it is explicitly shown in the comics a character is not gay. Yes, that’s just the way that is.
    Except it has been explicitly shown. My head canon is that Storm is bi bc of her interactions with Yukio but I can admit thats not exactly canon. I know some will say that Kitty is bi bc of subtext but again nothing has been shown to explicitly suggest that. Psylocke was flat out shown in the after glow of sex with a woman

You dont get anymore explicit than this

@ Wallstreet: So what are you arguing? That she's straight. Even though that its canon she had a relationship w a female?

Also youre using exaggerated examples of what writes could do. You know none of what you said would actually happen.

Except for changing of race because Psylocke did actually go through that twice.

I just read all your previous posts. Im going to assume you didnt read the dreaded Humphres run.

Or youre just disregarding it because of your own version of Psylocke.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-17-2018 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    @ Wallstreet: So what are you arguing? That she's straight. Even though that its canon she had a relationship w a female?
    Cluster is a man in a woman’s body who went back to being a man. Call me when she gets with a real woman.

Otherwise she is straight.

And how utterly safe Humphreys was in doing this in a dude nook as there are so many ways out of this it is ridiculous.

Doom fantasized about sex with female Loki, does that make him gay?