Page 726 of 820 FirstFirst ... 226626676716722723724725726727728729730736776 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 12295
    Ultimate Member

They're only tied to any stagnation again because Marvel won't let either move on, though it doesn't mean that they have to be apart to move on or not be stagnant...neither has to be a crutch for the other, it's not the fault of the pairing if they're used that way, it's Marvels fault...and things could change after his upcoming time as a horseman, and it could wind up with them both in similar situations...and they'd work through that together and then on to bigger and better things...though sadly I'm expecting Marvel to push Jean and Storm and such and Betsy will get any development that she gets on the sidelines when there's room...which probably won't be too often...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They're only tied to any stagnation again because Marvel won't let either move on, though it doesn't mean that they have to be apart to move on or not be stagnant...neither has to be a crutch for the other, it's not the fault of the pairing if they're used that way, it's Marvels fault...and things could change after his upcoming time as a horseman, and it could wind up with them both in similar situations...and they'd work through that together and then on to bigger and better things...though sadly I'm expecting Marvel to push Jean and Storm and such and Betsy will get any development that she gets on the sidelines when there's room...which probably won't be too often...
    Weren't you the one that kept saying she wasnt likely to get any focus in Uncanny bc you didnt see her in previews? And look now we have her getting a cover feature with Warren no less.

Dude just accept that not everyone is going to like the pairings you ship. No matter how many times you say the same thing people just like what they like. People are going to like certain romances while others feel boring or badly written for them. If you don't like the way Betsy and Angel are written why don't you make your complaints clear to Marvel? I am a massive fan of Angel but I don't go hounding every poster if they think Angel is a lame character or useless. Same with my other favorites like Betsy, Dani, and so on. For example on page 722 of this thread I disagreed with Psycwave and offered my own reasoning about it. After that regardless if they agree with me or not I moved on and so did Psycwave. Am I going to convince this poster the way I see Angel? Nope. Does it matter? Not really, you like what you like.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

A cover doesn't mean that she's going to get the kind of focus that many here seem to expect her to get and all of that, and I've long since accepted that not everyone is going to like the pairings that I do Iz, I just won't stop defending my favorite pairings against those that attack them, I don't remember attacking Dani...I just don't want her and Warren together, and for the record in his thread I'm not wanting Marvel to pair him up with anybody else either...

ooops wrong post
    Last edited by danielsan52; 09-21-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Smasher, Imperial Guard are more closely associated with X-Men than Avengers. She should remain his wife.
    Morrison making Smasher's power dependent on downloaded gear was one thing(was that a thing before that?). Hickman having some farm girl find his gear(as if Oracle would leave such powerful gear behind) and then actually go to Shi'Ar space and become the new Smasher is quite another(as if they would accept this random Earther on the Imperial Guard. If the powers are just downloadable gear, why wouldn't they have an actual Shi'Ar solider take the role?). Making Sam fall in love, marry, and impregnate this Smasher all in a very short span of time is just a step too far.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Okay...moving on I wonder if now they'll actually have Betsy acknowledge that she's an aunt...

A cover doesn't mean that she's going to get the kind of focus that many here seem to expect her to get and all of that, and I've long since accepted that not everyone is going to like the pairings that I do Iz, I just won't stop defending my favorite pairings against those that attack them, I don't remember attacking Dani...I just don't want her and Warren together, and for the record in his thread I'm not wanting Marvel to pair him up with anybody else either...
    May I ask how someone stating their personal opinion about a character or ship is considered "attacking"? Are we not allowed to state our own opinions without you attacking us? Are we not allowed to ship our favorite characters with whoever we like even if it doesn't make sense? Is that not hypocritical of you? If you have an issue with Marvel pairing him with anyone outside of Betsy doesn't it make logical sense for you to take your grievances to Marvel? After all it is them who decide the route their characters take not us.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

They're only tied to any stagnation again because Marvel won't let either move on
    And yet you told me that neither of them were stagnant in an earlier post. So you know that Marvel has kept them significantly stagnant. It's okay to admit this Logan. They are two of your favorite characters just like they are mine.

though it doesn't mean that they have to be apart to move on or not be stagnant...neither has to be a crutch for the other, it's not the fault of the pairing if they're used that way, it's Marvels fault...and things could change after his upcoming time as a horseman, and it would wind up with them both in similar situations...and they'd work through that together and then on to bigger and better things...though sadly I'm expecting Marvel to push Jean and Storm and such and Betsy will get any development that she gets on the sidelines when there's room...which probably won't be too often...
    I agree. But look as far back as Kyle/Yost's X-Force run, starting back in 2008, Warren has been struggling consistently with the Archangel persona and Apocalypse related stories. Betsy has been baited with her original body every few years since Fraction's Uncanny X-men run in 2009 until the 4th time, which seems to be permanent. Betsy and Warren aren't the only characters that have been or are in the same boat, admittedly. Rogue and her powers, Jean and her on-again-off-again-I'm-Phoenix-oh-wait-I'm-not Phoenix-today nonsense, etc.

If you could pair up Warren and Betsy with someone other than each other, who would be your 2nd choices for their love interests?

BANNED

Did they just switch her and leave her out to dry while marvel cycles through a few crossovers first?

Really!?

thats my point. You made judgements about how little she would be utilized based on leaked images but now that she is undeniably the focal point of one, you say it doesnt matter. How about we wait till the stuff plays out before we rule her out?

Has there been any word on when or if Kwannon will show back up and in what capacity? Or is it something that will be left open for a new writer to pick up?

I would really like to see her show up and have an interaction with Betsy. Clear the air, and establish each as their own independent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    May I ask how someone stating their personal opinion about a character or ship is considered "attacking"? Are we not allowed to state our own opinions without you attacking us? Are we not allowed to ship our favorite characters with whoever we like even if it doesn't make sense? Is that not hypocritical of you? If you have an issue with Marvel pairing him with anyone outside of Betsy doesn't it make logical sense for you to take your grievances to Marvel? After all it is them who decide the route their characters take not us.
    Ahh, logic. Very refreshing! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Did they just switch her and leave her out to dry while marvel cycles through a few crossovers first?

Really!?
    Unfortunately, it's not the first time. When Revanche died and her full powers and personality were restored, Nicieza started the process of giving her development both power and personality-wise (she was reading Gambit without trying and he's supposed to have good psychic shields & her psychic katana/sword/rapier composed of TP energy blocked objects at least twice), but then it was interrupted by Age of Apocalypse. When that storyline ended, she showed up just in time to get gutted by Sabretooth and was shipped off to limbo and sidelined until Crimson Dawn. After that she got a quick two issues in (amazing story for her though) during Psi-War and then thrown in limbo again. She was detrimental in helping Logan fight his Death persona for two issues and then she was sent back to limbo. Then supposedly Jean tried to help her with the Shadow King, but that was off panel during the six month gap.

There was definitely a habit of throwing her in limbo or cutting her development off in favor of some type of big event.
    Last edited by Drey; 09-21-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Really!?
    I just asked about this on Twitter. I hope he responds.

Update:

4E77E79D-EBB3-44EF-8651-D5AB20DA3A77.jpg

Better than no response.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-21-2018 at 09:48 AM.