Page 10 of 820 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I will say your commitment to somehow always route a conversation back to Betsy and Fanto is astounding. Kudos on that.
    Read my brains, I was going to say the same. :P

BANNED

Anyway

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I doubt that her hand is actually supposed to be there, remember there was a panel of two of the younger mutants in a pipe that looked like they were about to kiss and the artist later said that wasn't what was going on in the panel, besides which if you have Storm playing for both teams she's seemed to have gone for the non X-ladies in the past...

As for Wood, his book will pretty much end up as being all about the gender of the members of the team more than anything, Betsy's time in the current version of X-Force could be described as badly wanting to get away from an ex but Marvel not letting her because they think that it's cool to see them on the same team.
    I disagree with this statement. Although Brian Woods series was a focus on an all female team I do not think that was the only factor for putting her on the team. She is one of the more popular X Ladies going all the way back to the 80's. I dont think your way of thinking has any validity. They wanted to start the title with the strongest female x characters that would pull in readers. I don't think it was bad to have her on that team. She's a popular mainstay that belongs in an xtitle. Obviously, we all know your opinion of X-Force. Do you have an inside informant telling you that Marvel is not letting her leave X-Force? You seem to make a lot of statements as facts. X-Force is a big part of her character now. She is going through a character arc. She has been in two previous incarnations of the team. I think its more a contiuation of her story then Marvel making writers write her in that title. You don't seem to ever like anything she is in.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Anyway

I don't like the half butterfly.

#PsylockeSolo2k14

#PsylockeSolo2k14
    Maybe... if one of us develops psychic powers and mind fucks someone at Marvel into giving us a solo. Or just fucks them the old fashioned way, lol.

it would have to be mike marts and daniel ketchum
    someone step up to the plate
    at least we know they are both sort of fans of the character

Im thinking of getting another Clay Mann commission

A group shot of what I would like to think are psylockes girls

Psylocke, Sage, Meggan, EVA, and Cluster

I want to add Blink and Moonstar just because

Other than Rogue and Psylocke do you guys think there is anyone else she is super close to.

oh Rachel duh. who else.
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-11-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Although Brian Woods series was a focus on an all female team I do not think that was the only factor for putting her on the team. She is one of the more popular X Ladies going all the way back to the 80's. I dont think your way of thinking has any validity. They wanted to start the title with the strongest female x characters that would pull in readers. I don't think it was bad to have her on that team. She's a popular mainstay that belongs in an xtitle. Obviously, we all know your opinion of X-Force. Do you have an inside informant telling you that Marvel is not letting her leave X-Force? You seem to make a lot of statements as facts. X-Force is a big part of her character now. She is going through a character arc. She has been in two previous incarnations of the team. I think its more a contiuation of her story then Marvel making writers write her in that title. You don't seem to ever like anything she is in.
    I don't remember a factor for the team being together aside from their gender, and why the writer wants them doesn't count, in continuity the only reason was that they knew each other and are female. As for X-Force, no informant it's just that Marvel seems to think that she can only really work in X-Force, and is seemingly constantly stuck with the whole not wanting to kill but constantly being on a team where she's faced with that possibility, and Marvel one minute seems to want Betsy and Fantomex apart and yet keeps putting them on the same team and their history keeps coming up, if they're apart...good, then put them on separate teams and keep them that way. And sadly my hunches on things have a history of coming true, and no my hunches don't extend at all past small instances in the X-comics. Yeah Betsy has a long history and a lot of fans, but Woods book seemingly had her on it only because she's popular right now and is female, as much as I didn't like Claremont's Xtreme team at least they all had a reason in comics for being there, I don't remember Storm or Betsy really reacting to Rogue's death, they just got a new member for the team, and I'm betting that Jubilee's baby won't last to much longer since he's only really in one book.

There are plenty of characters that have been in more than one version of X-Force but I don't see them in X-Force currently or people realy wanting them to be, after awhile a character needs something new, and Betsy's had some bad years imho in the X-Force titles and needs a change. I don't like Betsy being in stories where she's written out of character or used to give a boost to another character, whether it be Neal or Fantomex, at least with Warren they were equals or she was in charge most of the time, well the real Warren not Remender's either psycho or weakling Warren only to be thrown under the bus for Fantomex's sake.

Spurrier may be seeming to push them apart but I'm not convinced wholly that he doesn't have ideas of putting them back together, not saying that it's definite but to keep pairing them off in the book is getting old, it's like he keeps telling us that they're over but they keep working together, I don't know of to many people that continue to work over and over again with an ex...kind of fearfully gets into the methinks the lady doth protest to much territory, where the more that you say that you don't like someone or something only means that you actually do like them or it.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 05-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.

I dont mind if they get back together

I like Si's writing and approach

And Im liking the focus on Psylocke

Different strokes for different folks.

The thing with wanting something new is that you have her in Xmen as well. She's not stuck in X-Force. I dont see that logic. Someone that despises Xforce can read about her in xmen and not be affected.

I never actually saw Rogue and Psylocke as extremely close, tbh. Friendly and known each other for years but that's really it. They don't have those moments of "being there" like she's had with Storm, Sage, Dazzler or even Rachel over the past few years. If anything their relationship is mostly competitive and antagonistic. The majority of the time they've ever been on panel they're sparring, trading digs or fighting others together. The only time I can remember either doing anything for the other is when Rogue fought Vargas in her skin and that was still mostly payback for him skewering her and Gambit. I guess folks could try and claim the Outback as signs of the friendship but again mainly antagonistic and when they did get along it was the Carol persona.

They're like the girls who if they didn't have so many mutual friends then they would never hang out together.

BANNED

I never actually saw Rogue and Psylocke as extremely close, tbh. Friendly and known each other for years but that's really it. They don't have those moments of "being there" like she's had with Storm, Sage, Dazzler or even Rachel over the past few years. If anything their relationship is mostly competitive and antagonistic. The majority of the time they've ever been on panel they're sparring, trading digs or fighting others together. The only time I can remember either doing anything for the other is when Rogue fought Vargas in her skin and that was still mostly payback for him skewering her and Gambit. I guess folks could try and claim the Outback as signs of the friendship but again mainly antagonistic and when they did get along it was the Carol persona.

They're like the girls who if they didn't have so many mutual friends then they would never hang out together.

You said it. I've always likened their antagonism as Rogue wanting to always be the Southern Belle and the pretty girl. People forget that Rogue used to be kind of a rough houser and a bit fugly. I don't call girls tomboys, because it's stupid. Rogue saw in Psylocke the ideal she wanted to be but couldn't have. That's where alot of their antagonism with each other came from. She was younger, brasher, and didn't know how to relate with Betsy on that level. So she picked on her, while secretly wanting to be her.
    And to me Betsy wanted what Rogue had. Roue was strong, tough, had tons of endurance, and could do things physically that Betsy envied. But they had a mediator in Carol. Betsy and Rogue were highly competitive with each other. But usually had each others backs when the chips fell. They'd often save each other, or when two team members switched sides, it was usually Rogue and Betsy. Each had a strength in either a physical or mental way, but both were susceptible to Mind Control easily. So they were like opposite mirrors of each other.

I kinda wish that would have continued on. In some of the side books during the Australian outback, They were fairly close. If the Outback had continued, I could see them becoming closer.

Heck, you could even make an argument that Jean is closer to Betsy than Rogue. Jean was one of the few to actually talk to her about how she felt after the body swap(shower scene hubba hubba), after that unpleasantness with Kwannon/Scott they talked and trained together, Jean was on the team that went after Sabes after he gutted Betts, they both went after Warren together in that story where Jean got the shit slapped outta her and who knows what they went through during that six month gap where they switched powers. They have that lowkey friendship where you don't expect it but they sneak into each other's rooms when everyone else is asleep to talk life and boys. Not as obvious but there. Rogue is just always on the same team. Same for Kitty, not a lot of moments between the two just teammates around each other for years. Well I guess Psylocke did try and stop her from killing herself that one time. :/ I'm totally here for Betts gaining a stronger relationship with M though. They have a lot in common both being from upperclass families, crazy siblings, headstrong, fashion models and both have a fear of dying again.

BANNED

Heck, you could even make an argument that Jean is closer to Betsy than Rogue. Jean was one of the few to actually talk to her about how she felt after the body swap(shower scene hubba hubba), after that unpleasantness with Kwannon/Scott they talked and trained together, Jean was on the team that went after Sabes after he gutted Betts, they both went after Warren together in that story where Jean got the shit slapped outta her and who knows what they went through during that six month gap where they switched powers. They have that lowkey friendship where you don't expect it but they sneak into each other's rooms when everyone else is asleep to talk life and boys. Not as obvious but there. Rogue is just always on the same team. Same for Kitty, not a lot of moments between the two just teammates around each other for years. Well I guess Psylocke did try and stop her from killing herself that one time. :/ I'm totally here for Betts gaining a stronger relationship with M though. They have a lot in common both being from upperclass families, crazy siblings, headstrong, fashion models and both have a fear of dying again.

You know, I agree with that. During their first encounter during Inferno, Jean may have been kinda paranoid of Betsy at first, But I think with all the (No Pun intended) Head action going on with Betts in her braincase. That could have easily transitioned into a great friendship. I ignore the whole Betsy going after Scott thing, it just played up so many faux asian woman hunts white alpha male tropes... ugh! But I can see them being close enough to swap powers easily.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont mind if they get back together

I like Si's writing and approach

And Im liking the focus on Psylocke

Different strokes for different folks.

The thing with wanting something new is that you have her in Xmen as well. She's not stuck in X-Force. I dont see that logic. Someone that despises Xforce can read about her in xmen and not be affected.
    The whole relationship was all about Fantomex from day one and very destructive for Betsy, so far her time in X-men hasn't really amounted to much, so far it's more of a side job. Being in one version of X-Force after another can be seen as being stuck in X-Force, as the others in that same boat got to leave X-Force behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    You said it. I've always likened their antagonism as Rogue wanting to always be the Southern Belle and the pretty girl. People forget that Rogue used to be kind of a rough houser and a bit fugly. I don't call girls tomboys, because it's stupid. Rogue saw in Psylocke the ideal she wanted to be but couldn't have. That's where alot of their antagonism with each other came from. She was younger, brasher, and didn't know how to relate with Betsy on that level. So she picked on her, while secretly wanting to be her.
    And to me Betsy wanted what Rogue had. Roue was strong, tough, had tons of endurance, and could do things physically that Betsy envied. But they had a mediator in Carol. Betsy and Rogue were highly competitive with each other. But usually had each others backs when the chips fell. They'd often save each other, or when two team members switched sides, it was usually Rogue and Betsy. Each had a strength in either a physical or mental way, but both were susceptible to Mind Control easily. So they were like opposite mirrors of each other.

I kinda wish that would have continued on. In some of the side books during the Australian outback, They were fairly close. If the Outback had continued, I could see them becoming closer.
    Pretty much this. That is what I'd describe Psylocke-Rogue relationship- They're great teammates but not necessarily as close as Betsy's towards other girls such as Ororo, Sage, Jean and Alison.

Betsy also had some great non-romance relationship with some male member of the X-Men.
    I'm currently diggin' Psylocke-Cable interaction in X-Force.
    Her relationship with Logan is always interesting (reminds me that both of the JGS headmasters just got told by Betsy regarding their leadership .
    She and Bishop has a complex relationship.
    Loved her and Magneto interactio during Gillen's UXM
    Betsy-Peter sister-lil brother relationship.
    The ever flirtatious friends that is Bursty.
    Betsy was Cyclops trustworthy soldier and Head of Security during the Utopian days.