Page 2 of 820 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I'll start reading, thanks!

Is the last X-Force book good? I left off after she was flying her car home drunk. I just forgot it existed, which maybe gives me my answer. But I've been rereading Remender's X-Force and I picked up this X-Force's Betsy issue, and I can't get enough.
    Humphries' X-Force ?

LOL It's not very well liked around here. It was very hit or miss. Really good at times (the arc where StormLocke visit Bishop's head, the issues where the members of the team face their revenants, etc..) and abysmal in other occasions (the horrible Fantomex arc, the Vendetta crossover).

I would say give it a shot but don't expect too much.

What happened to CBR Forums?
    Glad the thread is back. MetalGorgomon is now MetalPsyc

Not that many appearances of Betsy in X-Force #4. Still think #3 is the best of the series yet.

BANNED

Hey metalG!

All you need to know: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52513

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    THank u luv!

As for the books she's in:

Humphries's X-Force felt like the one of the lowest point of Betsy's life. She's fucked up by the end of UXF v.1 and she deals with it badly. She's starting to stop killing - which didn't turn out great and had really bad relationships the Fantomexes. I enjoyed it from time to time. But mostly it was just okay with some occasional bad ones.
    The art was great tho. And that book gave us Betsy's new awesome costume.

Spurrier's storytelling is interesting. I was so optimistic before the book started but got underwhelmed in issue #1 due to so many things seemed so wrong. Turns out, everything will be explained later on the series. Now I cant get enough of it.

as in Wood's X-Men, if you're getting it for Psylocke.. Go get it! The story could be boring at times, but Betsy seems to be getting the most exciting parts/action.
    and I love her psychic weaponry:
    Last edited by MetalPsyc; 04-30-2014 at 07:08 PM.

I thought the best thing about Humphries X-Force was the personal relationships. He had issues with his pacing and the story could be all over the place at times but when he sat the likes of Betsy/Logan/Storm/Bishop down it was gold. I also applauded his attempts to give Betsy closure on certain aspects of her life i.e Spiral.

Idk I didn't really have the issues that everyone had with Spurrier's Betsy in the first issue but the third definitely made me an even bigger fan. I also love how he emphasizes her accent. It's cute.

Wood really makes Betsy stand out as the competent soldier she is. She's effective, cheeky, creative and confident. Something that I feel has been missing for awhile. The stories have been really lackluster but she shines. He should just turn it into a Psylocke solo, tbh.

Metal <3
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Do you guys think Wood's take on her is worth catching up with X-Men? I stopped right before the Sisterhood (which I heard was very poor). But I will take subpar stories if Betsy is written well.

BANNED

I think so. If you have a good LCS with a discount on tpbs, vol. 2 of adjectiveless just came out today, Aguja. It's the Muertas arc and just after that Battle of the atom mess.

Yeah I think she's being written well by Wood. Not as good as Spurrier but still good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    That's a tough question to answer. I like how she acts under Spurrier's pen but Wood has been creative with her powers. I liked the psychic bow.
    Spurrier reminds me of Claremont ( a good thing),a warrior but stricken with doubt of her soul. I just reread "On Ice" when she first returned from the dead, her voice was great in those issues. That to me is the Psylocke I compare others to. She was great! Minus the super strength.

So with the forum reboot, I can now start fresh. I'll try to be a lot more active in more than one of my favorite character's appreciation threads this time. I was always too timid to come in randomly on a thread and start ranting about my appreciation for said character, but now I can say I've been here from the beginning lol. Anyways I love Betsy. Just though I'd say that!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I think so. If you have a good LCS with a discount on tpbs, vol. 2 of adjectiveless just came out today, Aguja. It's the Muertas arc and just after that Battle of the atom mess.
    I don't have an LCS. I mostly do online. Maybe I will try and check out a store though. I might skip Sisterhood. I heard Amora had a terrible showing and I am not here for that.

Thanks God the thread is back. I missed you all. I like Wood's Psylocke and Spurriers Psylocke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    THank u luv!

As for the books she's in:

Humphries's X-Force felt like the one of the lowest point of Betsy's life. She's fucked up by the end of UXF v.1 and she deals with it badly. She's starting to stop killing - which didn't turn out great and had really bad relationships the Fantomexes. I enjoyed it from time to time. But mostly it was just okay with some occasional bad ones.
    The art was great tho. And that book gave us Betsy's new awesome costume.

Spurrier's storytelling is interesting. I was so optimistic before the book started but got underwhelmed in issue #1 due to so many things seemed so wrong. Turns out, everything will be explained later on the series. Now I cant get enough of it.

as in Wood's X-Men, if you're getting it for Psylocke.. Go get it! The story could be boring at times, but Betsy seems to be getting the most exciting parts/action.
    and I love her psychic weaponry:
    I like the weapons also, it makes sense that she would expand her arsenal. The power blasts and shield in the 3rd issue seemed a little too much...as well as the rope tether in the Lopez issues. I would not have minded them keeping her non-tk as they did in UFX1 and omega (which I don't think she has been referred to since). Giving her too many skills can always be "one to many gifts at Christmas", especially when not all of the writers know what was under the tree. Consistent writing across titles would her her greatly. Glad she is being used as a powerful weapon though, and covered up. Now maybe she won't have to scream, "why does everyone forget I am a bloody ninja!?". Her and Rachel need a road trip.

Hay gurls Hay. <3
    Psylocke slays. Yaasss.

BANNED

Hi guys..

I'm new here, and I wanted to share an image I did of Psylocke Earth 9997, from Earth-Universe X
    Here she goes the same adventures as her Earth 616 counterpart up to the Seige Perilous. On Earth 616, we all know she became The Eurasian ninja. On Earth 9997, of the Earth/Universe-X Series, she goes through but ends up in Otherworld. There she learns to control her Psionic powers even more due to Roma and Merlyns Training. At the end of the Trilogy becomes the Apprentice of Dr. Strange. So I was asked to do an Image of her after her time with Strange was completed. I'm working on another version of this image, basically retracing it to get better color to more match Universe X color scheme.