Page 222 of 820 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 12295
    Ultimate Member

IDK that she "enjoys" killing even now. It's more like an "addiction." You know that it's wrong, and you WANT to stop, but you just CAN'T stop. Something is driving you to do it whether you want to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Majority of fans...yeah that's why she's been in like three straight kill kill kill series that got canceled due to low sales so I wouldn't call that the majority of fans...never said that she didn't kill, only that it wasn't an everyday happening and not something that she was "addicted" to.

She had storylines that don't really amount to much in the grand scheme of things, and yes I know the comeback that you'll all have for that.
    There you go mentioning sales again lol.

Majority of PSYLOCKE fans. Not overall fans buying the book. Xforcr sells less cause its a niche book. Not everybody likes the niche books cause people buy "main" books which was Bendis' books. But most psylocke fans are fine with her recent development. And again, if sales matter to you, Remenders book sold very well.

As for her addiction, it was a new development that occured over a length of time from extensive killing. It was explained on the books and makes sense given her history.

Just cause you dont like it doesnt make it any less true. This is your personal feelings and nothing more.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Cant wait to see/know more of Uncanny X-men!! New costumes.. other team members.. wanna see Psylocke!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Came here to have a good time and...

Why must we always be fighting. :/
    If it ain't the body swap, its the shipping, or its the who wrote her better or worse.

On a side note, ooohhh now I am excited to see olivia munn as a lethal assassin.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I mean a lethal ninja assassin who doesnt kill...its what she became with the body swap yet some people dont think its realistic. Yeah ok.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    IDK that she "enjoys" killing even now. It's more like an "addiction." You know that it's wrong, and you WANT to stop, but you just CAN'T stop. Something is driving you to do it whether you want to or not.
    The thing is she has a line and addicts dont have that. It's not so much as a drive it's need for an addict. But we do know she want's to stop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    The very fact that she CHANGED from killing when nessesary to a need and then a want and then addiction is progression down a dark path.
    It didn't start with killing when neccesarry though. considering of how both UXF and XF ended. I wouldn't say it's a dark path considering each time she's shown she can stop herself and acknowledge her weakness and wanting to stop.

The story made sense completely as an arc. She began her kill streak with Matsuo and it felt good to be in control and take action..
    Eh? not true. when she killed Matsuo, that wasn't about anything other than getting back at the person who she felt ruined her life. Similar to Spiral. Nothing more or less. you read to deeply into that. It began with UXF simply cause she agrees with logan's approach.

Yes, Matsuo was revenge. I was just saying she had been used and abused, had her life stolen away from her again. Tossed into alt dimensions and forced into her old body only to lose it again and then to see that body both disfugured and obliterated. She talks about not knowing who she was anymore. Killing Matsuo was revenge for that but also the act let her be in control of her own destiny.

Even before Matsuo she thought lethal action was needed. So her joining Logans hit squad was a natural progression.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Remender had took Betsy due to her availability, not progression.

Betsy talked the way she did in her solo cause it took place after the sisterhood arc and she was also in the exiles at that time.

Before any of that Betsy didn't necessarily think lethal force was needed.

BANNED

I've been lurking a lot and I check this thread almost daily because I'm a huge Betsy fan, but this is my first time writing.

I just want to say, why all the arguing? I mean, evidently, we all love Betsy, but also evidently, we all love her for different reasons. Some of us like pre-body swap, some of us like post, and some like both. Some of us like telepathic Betsy, some like telekinetic, and some like both. Some like non-killing addict Betsy, some like it, and some like both stages and see it as progression, like I personally do as well. Trying to convince someone of your personal opinion is pointless, because it remains a personal opinion. There's no right or wrong about this, there's just different views. We all interpret comics differently, and what makes sense to you, doesn't have to make sense to others. So can't we all just appreciate the aspects we love about her and respect other people's favourite aspects?

Not trying to bash anyone or anything, I respect everyone's point of view and preferences. And also, since this is my first time typing, I just wanted to thank you all wonderful people for writing in this thread, it helped me a lot in my roleplaying career. :3 I've been roleplaying Betsy on IG for almost three years now!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    For most people, going cold turkey and being put in jail is the solution to this certain addiction. Maybe she should consider it, it's what we do with murderers after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Remender had took Betsy due to her availability, not progression.

Betsy talked the way she did in her solo cause it took place after the sisterhood arc and she was also in the exiles at that time.

Before any of that Betsy didn't necessarily think lethal force was needed.
    Yes, which given her history was a progression of her ongoing plot. Remender used her continuity. And before killing Matsuo in the Psylocke miniseries she voiced her opinion that lethal force was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha View Post
    I've been lurking a lot and I check this thread almost daily because I'm a huge Betsy fan, but this is my first time writing.

I just want to say, why all the arguing? I mean, evidently, we all love Betsy, but also evidently, we all love her for different reasons. Some of us like pre-body swap, some of us like post, and some like both. Some of us like telepathic Betsy, some like telekinetic, and some like both. Some like non-killing addict Betsy, some like it, and some like both stages and see it as progression, like I personally do as well. Trying to convince someone of your personal opinion is pointless, because it remains a personal opinion. There's no right or wrong about this, there's just different views. We all interpret comics differently, and what makes sense to you, doesn't have to make sense to others. So can't we all just appreciate the aspects we love about her and respect other people's favourite aspects?

Not trying to bash anyone or anything, I respect everyone's point of view and preferences. And also, since this is my first time typing, I just wanted to thank you all wonderful people for writing in this thread, it helped me a lot in my roleplaying career. :3 I've been roleplaying Betsy on IG for almost three years now!
    I dont see it as arguing. We are disscussing. Whoch is what one does in a thread like this. All good natured and civil for the most part imo.

BANNED

Yes, which given her history was a progression of her ongoing plot. Remender used her continuity. And before killing Matsuo in the Psylocke miniseries she voiced her opinion that lethal force was a good idea.

That wasn't an ongoing plot. Before her mini!?, the 90's and her tenure in exiles and Excalibur!? That was all Crimson dawn mess. That wasn't really anything to go on if at all. She was all over the place. Remender, once again used her due to availability not so much progression.