Page 224 of 820 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 12295
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    Ugh... the Crimson Dawn storyline. I haven't read that in a while, but I remember that it felt off to me. I think it'd be a little better if Logan, not Warren (he'd still be there as the boyfiend), was the one who had the piece of Betsy's soul in him. With the bond and trust Betsy and Logan had developed from her change to a ninja, it made more sense to me if it was him.

Of course every writer seemed to forget about his bond with Betsy (more than likely they were made to ignore it by editorial, who wasn't doing their job correctly at that time).
    )

BW, Gillen, wilow, and remender didn't forget the bond that Betsy and Logan share. It's most today's current writers that do or rather cater to. It's the same hoe many forget (except for a few) About betsy and storm's relationship.

BANNED

Crimson Dawn, was a terrible storyline. One of the worst to me.

I think thats the only Pyslocke story I havent read. Im gonna look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The mini doesn't sum up betsy but i notice something in all your posts, you seem to dis-acknowlege a lot of betsy's backstory for your "angle" and remender didn't look through just the mini as the shadow king and otherworld connection isn't even hinted at such. Don't understand why you worded that line as such to suggest such a thing.
    I honestly have no idea what you are refering to. What line? What angle? I never said a thing about Remender looking through anything. And what exactly am I disacknoledging?

As for the mini, the opening pages show Betsy willing to kill Sack and she calls Mercury an idealist for saying that Xmen dont kill. That mini was BEFORE Uncanny Xforce. So it took place before she joined Logans team. Right after she killed Slaymaster and got ripped away from the exiles by Madelyne and placed inside her original body. After those experiences her change in attitude makes perfect sense.

She was agressive when she fought Sabretooth in Mutant Massacre. Moreso than other members of the xmen. The potential was always there to be lethal is what Im saying. Her desire was to be a warrior and she sorta got her wish when she became an asian assassin. As Claremont once said it was meant to be a magical transformation not a body swap. All Im saying is that her killing is not some random new development. Its sonething that makes sense given her history and character.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    Ugh... the Crimson Dawn storyline. I haven't read that in a while, but I remember that it felt off to me. I think it'd be a little better if Logan, not Warren (he'd still be there as the boyfiend), was the one who had the piece of Betsy's soul in him. With the bond and trust Betsy and Logan had developed from her change to a ninja, it made more sense to me if it was him.

Of course every writer seemed to forget about his bond with Betsy (more than likely they were made to ignore it by editorial, who wasn't doing their job correctly at that time).

---

Olivia Munn is looking pretty good there. Hope the movie uses Psylocke's psionic illusions in conjunction with the martial arts as her fighting style. Or hope beyond hope, they give her one of her trademark Marvel vs Capcom moves.
    Though isn't that a way to diminish Warren even more, by just saying that he's just "the boyfriend" and trying to push him off to the side and make him not matter as much, it made perfect sense that he was the one to give up a piece of his soul, otherwise it would have looked a bit strange.

Betsy would kill from time to time but it wasn't something that she was "addicted" to or had to do...when she would get upset by that she wouldn't do anything about it making it look like that only being a token aversion to what she was doing rather than her actually meaning it...I disagree that Spurrier wrote Betsy well, he wrote the twisted version of her, I don't remember him giving her much of any actual progression until the very end, all of which now seems to have been undone for the sake of kill kill kill...dance around whether she'll hook up with Sabretooth or Fantomex again...sadly...

BANNED

Ahh! My two obsessions colliding. Magic the gathering and Psylocke! Done for me by a friend. Looks so pretty!

Ultimate Member

Nice card though it does block out the text...yes I know that's not the point...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Ahh! My two obsessions colliding. Magic the gathering and Psylocke! Done for me by a friend. Looks so pretty!

Great custom. I got one a few years back, for the Overpower game.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post

This is positively gorgeous!!! Kudos to the artist!
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

So what do you guys prefer power wise?

Telepathy?

Telekenisis?

A mix of both?

I like the idea of a purely "telekentic ninja"

But I also love the look of the Psychic Knife

Together or seperate shes pretty damn powerful. I like the idea that she could use her powers from afar but intentionally gets up close and personal.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Honestly, I like her with both, but with limitations. Mainly the explanation that the energies are divided between the two powers, and she cannot use both at their highest at the same time. I loved how her powers were portrayed in Spurrier's run, she was mostly a powerful telepath, but she still worked with a localized, somewhat limited and grounded TK. She used it mostly to empower her actual blade rather than create one, and she was seen hurling enemies away at times and even lifting Mojo's entire body. So while it's not Rachel Grey's level, it's still something and somewhat fitting to her character. I absolutely disliked super-powered/TK goddess Betsy, it's just not Betsy to me. She was turned into a green lantern in X-Men with all the telekinetic constructs, and it almost rendered all her fighting and stealthy skills pointless.

Speaking of powers, I wonder what her power set will be in the movie. I mean, obviously she's a telepath, but Olivia Munn said "she's a telepath, a telekinetic, and can create anything with her mind but chooses to create a sword." In the Conan interview, which makes me wonder if they will indeeded include telekinesis among her powers or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha View Post
    Honestly, I like her with both, but with limitations. Mainly the explanation that the energies are divided between the two powers, and she cannot use both at their highest at the same time. I loved how her powers were portrayed in Spurrier's run, she was mostly a powerful telepath, but she still worked with a localized, somewhat limited and grounded TK. She used it mostly to empower her actual blade rather than create one, and she was seen hurling enemies away at times and even lifting Mojo's entire body. So while it's not Rachel Grey's level, it's still something and somewhat fitting to her character. I absolutely disliked super-powered/TK goddess Betsy, it's just not Betsy to me. She was turned into a green lantern in X-Men with all the telekinetic constructs, and it almost rendered all her fighting and stealthy skills pointless.
    Yes, this is exactly how I feel.

Slacker, that cars is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    So what do you guys prefer power wise?

Telepathy?

Telekenisis?

A mix of both?

I like the idea of a purely "telekentic ninja"

But I also love the look of the Psychic Knife

Together or seperate shes pretty damn powerful. I like the idea that she could use her powers from afar but intentionally gets up close and personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farasha View Post

Speaking of powers, I wonder what her power set will be in the movie. I mean, obviously she's a telepath, but Olivia Munn said "she's a telepath, a telekinetic, and can create anything with her mind but chooses to create a sword." In the Conan interview, which makes me wonder if they will indeeded include telekinesis among her powers or not.
    Pretty much this

I like her to have both TP/TK. Her telepathy should be powerful but ther TK is somewhat limited.
    I don't mind the telekinetic weaponry but the Butterfly effect and Psychic Knife are must haves in all media she appears. Would love to see both of them in the movie.

One thing that I missed the most is the usage of her telepathy to create illusion (by tricking the opponent's mind) in fighting. She was badass using it during her Outback and early 90s. In recent times, I only recall Humphries using it on UXF vol.2.

BANNED

As for the mini, the opening pages show Betsy willing to kill Sack and she calls Mercury an idealist for saying that Xmen dont kill. That mini was BEFORE Uncanny Xforce. So it took place before she joined Logans team.
    Did you read the final pages of the mini? cause you do know betsy in the end of that mini told mercury to hold on to her views and ways and questions the "killing for the right reason's

in regards to the timing of the mini you emphasis "BEFORE" you realize that it was all personal which was the focus right which is to get for her life right?

Right after she killed Slaymaster and got ripped away from the exiles by Madelyne and placed inside her original body. After those experiences her change in attitude makes perfect sense.
    right after the sisterhood arc(SH) which i've stated before. So you've proven your just not reading got you. BTW all that happen during the exiles was slaymater killing other counterparts of herself and Betsy having fought a Lady Mandarin as well. It was kill or be killed for her own personal reasons.

She was agressive when she fought Sabretooth in Mutant Massacre. Moreso than other members of the xmen. The potential was always there to be lethal is what Im saying.
    not really going off that ex. Betsy fighting sabertooth at that point was her second fight/encounter with creed, the first time she was running away around the mansion, little to no combat exp. all dressed and prissy. By the time MM came around it was all show how far she had come during her tenure as an X-men. It was a highlight moment. That's why most the X-men held back.

Referring in bold (nevered was question and doesn't say much either)

Her desire was to be a warrior and she sorta got her wish when she became an asian assassin. As Claremont once said it was meant to be a magical transformation not a body swap. All Im saying is that her killing is not some random new development. Its sonething that makes sense given her history and character.

(referring to bold)

so why tell me? that's what is called insinuating, I never said no such thing or anything else otherwise.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 08-06-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

I think that Drakeon was aiming that at me Hariel...

Would rather she be a tp/tk that can fight...

Wonder if her psychic knife line will get into the movie...