Page 229 of 820 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Which brings us to my original point,only Kelly worked something worthwhile with it,the original premise was to throw Betsy into limbo.This seems to be a pattern with Psylocke,a good writer like Claremont,Nicieza or Remender steps in to develop her and as soon as their tenure ends,she's back to wallpaper status.
    Kelly's original plan was to kill Psylocke on PsiWar. Thank God it didn't happen. Psi war is definitely one of Betsy's better story on the 90s and made Shadow King as one of her archenemies.

And I also like the shadow teleportation. I think it suits her better than telekinesis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I honestly don't think there is a single thing I miss about Crimson Dawn Betsy. I hated all of it lol. The powers, the premise, the whole "emotionally cold" Betsy, the mini that came after it, the whole forced Warren having to give a piece of his soul although Wolverine would've been a way better fit, and that god awful tattoo. D: I do love Psi-War though so I guess it balances out?
    I don't think that Logan would have been a better fit...it'd be like to save Jean from the Phoenix Logan would be needed to save her and not Scott for one...the emotionally cold Betsy part was only temporary...as for the flower power wallpaper, get the real Warren back and all of that would be gone, besides which he'd know a thing or two about being "addicted" or such to killing, have the two of them back together written as equals and not be terribly dark anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Kelly's original plan was to kill Psylocke on PsiWar. Thank God it didn't happen. Psi war is definitely one of Betsy's better story on the 90s and made Shadow King as one of her archenemies.
    I think it worked out for the best with Shadow Betsy's triumph over the Shadow King as well.
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-revealed-363/

I recall seeing the promo art showing Jean cradling a limp Psylocke...

On a side note, I asked Bunn on tumblr about Betsy's powers, and he confirmed that she will primarily be a telepath, but will also have low-level TK. I'm honestly glad, because he seems to be following Spurrier's version in terms of powers, which was my one of my favourites. I only hope now that future and other writers will be consistent with it.
    Last edited by Farasha; 08-11-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha View Post
    On a side note, I asked Bunn on tumblr about Betsy's powers, and he confirmed that she will primarily be a telepath, but will also have low-level TK. I'm honestly glad, because he seems to be following Spurrier's version in terms of powers, which was my one of my favourites. I only hope now that future and other writers will be consistent with it.
    Thats good to hear. I liked how she was used by Spurrier power wise.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I think it worked out for the best with Shadow Betsy's triumph over the Shadow King as well.

Thanks for the link. I'm glad the plan to kill her was scrapped thus having the Psiwar ending that I love.

That link also mentiond Nicieza's missed reading an issue of Uncanny hence creating Revanche/Kwannon. Also Beast confirming Betsy's mixed DNA and biological traits with Kwannon, making her Eurasian-like.

Glad that he follows Spurrier's version of Betsy powerset. December couldn't come soon enough.

BANNED

I saw and liked your post on Tumblr. At least Bunn is answering us, sometimes with differing answers about the same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I saw and liked your post on Tumblr. At least Bunn is answering us, sometimes with differing answers about the same topic.
    Well, that's writers to you but looking back at his answer to you, it implied that it isn't gonna be his first plan due to new readers. he said he's torn, and that he might address it in the future when it's the right time. I hope he sticks around long enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

That's what I rememered the original plan being too. That would've been so rude but if I recall Kelly/Seagle wanted to off a couple of X-men didn't they? Storm too.
    But yeah, the way Betsy beast SK > the death pan.

Yay. I'm getting really excited for this run. And I've also looked into some of Land's Future Imperfect art and Bunn was right. It's not the worst. I actually liked this page.

BANNED

Land isn't and never was all that bad. I've seen MUCH MUCH worse, and many have accepted them.

Have you guys seen this?
    Art by Rock-He Kim.
    rock-he-kim-5.jpg
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Thanks Sergio! Added a subtle purple to this beautiful art!

image.jpg

He should do more covers rather than interiors! Omg made me like this outfit!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Have you guys seen this?
    Art by Rock-He Kim.
    rock-he-kim-5.jpg
    Wish we would have gotten that in the books. She looks amazing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Wish we would have gotten that in the books. She looks amazing there.
    Right? Could have something to do with the fact he wasn't used to the deadlines... Work did feel rushed...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Ultimate Member

We know that last bit won't happen, it's just how comics are with so many writers...as Bunn is showing by changing her powers to a bit than they've been before, I'm just not going to expect Bunn to last years and years.