Page 304 of 820 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404804 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I saw the video you posted. Love her voice. Wish it was a little stronger but she would have made a brilliant Psylocke.
    Her voice is perfect. She's the type of gorgeous Betsy needs. If she were playing a more heroic role, as she would be with Psylocke, she could bring that strength!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Deadpool definitely does.. he's been in the Deadpool solo recently. But I agree.. they should both be hugely involved in Evan's life.
    He has?! :O I'm catching up on my DP so I probably just haven't gotten there yet. Ugh, makes me even more upset that I haven't gotten any Wade/Betsy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Taz- All I know is that I don't want her speaking with a Cockney accent lol. Truthfully, I've always used an accent like "Selene's" from the movie franchise, Underworld when I read Psylocke's lines. She almost has the perfect voice, but I use a slightly less deeper version of her "resting" voice. Its perfect when "Selene" is pissed off and yelling though.
    Agreed. This is also what I imagine Queen to sound like.

I love Chan and think she would've made a dope Psy but Munn is great as well. She's exactly what i imagine Betts to look like with the mixed features post swap.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 02-07-2016 at 05:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Psylocke and Deadpool together again would be great. I've been wanting them to cross paths since XF ended.They should be acting as aunt and uncle to little Evan but I don't even know if they remember he exists lol.

Kinda stinks that she won't have an accent for the film but she's super enthusiastic about the role and that makes me happy nonetheless.
    Oh yeahhhhh?

Ultimate Member

What character depth did she have in the 90s? I didn't read her back during that time.

And I definitely disagree with her not having depth or growth. Especially from someone that didn't read the last three runs she was in. There was a lot more to Remenders, Humphries, Spurriers, Woods, and G. Willow Wilson. I think she's had a lot more growth since coming back in Fractions run then all of the 90s up to maybe when Claremont brought her back. It just wasn't in a manner that you liked so you disregard it. i even think she had more depth and growth in the 80's then she did in the 90s.
    She had to deal with the bodyswap part and decide who she truly was and be happy in her own skin, she had her own "killer" dark time and recovered from that....for starters...wasn't a fan of CC's 90's run...that was when I got out of comics...

I don't disregard anything, I just don't automatically make a big deal out of it as something that is essential to who Betsy is, I'm told that characters change and had to change from how they were in the 90's and I've long acknowledged and understood that...it's only when then I demand that those same people telling me that have to apply that same line of thought to how she is now...well they scream bloody murder in protest...odd how that works...

As for the last few years the journey has been the same or much the same that writers just keep repeating, more "addictions" that seem to have come out of nowhere and get retread with every new writer...

Psylocke vs Deadpool Olivia Munn vs Ryan
    http://xmendaily.tumblr.com/post/138...ke-vs-deadpool

She had ONE addiction. And becoming a killer stemmed from all the things that had happened during that time and how she was in the past. And that killing addiction is gone as of now. Everything that has happened to her these past few years is actually something that is essential to her because its CANON; whether you like it or not; it's part of who she is and her journey as a character. She went through different things in each X-force run. No one protests anything you say about Psylocke. You just spew the same rhetoric all the time that people call you out. You don't like anything thats been done with her in the last 10 yrs. and you basically view her as an object that belongs to Warren.

And the body swap and being happy in her own skin is just as repetitive in of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

OMFG that was everything!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave[/quote
    I love Chan and think she would've made a dope Psy but Munn is great as well. She's exactly what i imagine Betts to look like with the mixed features post swap.
    Agreed on both counts.

Juan678-Thanks for that! She looks great...and is she chewing gum? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    There it is!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I'm crying at the perfection.

Ultimate Member

She had ONE addiction. And becoming a killer stemmed from all the things that had happened during that time and how she was in the past. And that killing addiction is gone as of now. Everything that has happened to her these past few years is actually something that is essential to her because its CANON; whether you like it or not; it's part of who she is and her journey as a character. She went through different things in each X-force run. No one protests anything you say about Psylocke. You just spew the same rhetoric all the time that people call you out. You don't like anything thats been done with her in the last 10 yrs. and you basically view her as an object that belongs to Warren.

And the body swap and being happy in her own skin is just as repetitive in of itself.
    It's one addiction that got lip service to be fixed or dealt with time and again, and everything that happened in the 90's is essential to her because its CANON; whether you like it or not. The X-Force runs were all much the same without much change, never said that she's an object that belongs to anyone, Warren or anyone, just that besides Warren every pairing that they're tried to force on us over more than the last decade has gone over like a lead balloon and yet people seem overly happy at each attempt and go to great lengths to deride her pairing with Warren, it wouldn't have to change her much at all.

The body swap and being happy in her own skin was back in the 90's when the whole bodyswap was explained so it wasn't repetitive, it would be now if the writers had her go through it all over again like they did a few years ago remember...and yes they do protest, any time that I say that she has to change from how she is now like you I'm accused of only liking her in one way...odd is how that's exactly what some here are doing...just in a different way than me, wrong for me whether I'm actually doing it or not but fine for others....

She would kill but wasn't addicted to it and tried to not do it, now they seem more than happy to have her kill with only lip service objections to it...

BANNED

IMG_20160207_233238.jpg
    Just a little layout I made

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's one addiction that got lip service to be fixed or dealt with time and again, and everything that happened in the 90's is essential to her because its CANON; whether you like it or not. The X-Force runs were all much the same without much change, never said that she's an object that belongs to anyone, Warren or anyone, just that besides Warren every pairing that they're tried to force on us over more than the last decade has gone over like a lead balloon and yet people seem overly happy at each attempt and go to great lengths to deride her pairing with Warren, it wouldn't have to change her much at all.

The body swap and being happy in her own skin was back in the 90's when the whole bodyswap was explained so it wasn't repetitive, it would be now if the writers had her go through it all over again like they did a few years ago remember...and yes they do protest, any time that I say that she has to change from how she is now like you I'm accused of only liking her in one way...odd is how that's exactly what some here are doing...just in a different way than me, wrong for me whether I'm actually doing it or not but fine for others....

She would kill but wasn't addicted to it and tried to not do it, now they seem more than happy to have her kill with only lip service objections to it...
    You use so many fallacies in your arguments

I'm aware that the 90s were canon I have no issues with that but you arguing that she had some great growth and development when in fact all writers we're not using her to her full potential she was basically wallpaper. People didn't give lip service about her killing. They disliked it but they understood her character arc.

Each run was different. Just because she was on a black ops team doesn't mean they were all the same. Remender was the one that put them back together. Before that they hadn't been on panel together in years.

And yes the body swap was repetitive. She didn't get over it till her mini. And then it happened again in Fractions run. Nothing in the 90s happened to her that were relevant.

But I'll always disagree with you because you dislike everything about what's going on with her. What others? Point out what is being said. You just throw things out all the time. I think my issue is that you always complain or make pessimistic comment about what's going on with Psylocke.

Can't wait to hear what you say about the Super Bowl Spot
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-07-2016 at 07:45 PM.

OMG! She looks badass in that trailer.