Page 505 of 820 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is Betsy currently creating powerful huge butterfly effects with her powers? What do they do?
    The Shadow King has webbed many of the worlds low level telepaths. Using them to enhance his own power. Which allowed him to take over Psylocke. He used her TK to create a giant butterfly that eventually morphed into more of a moth. representing SK taking more control and Psylocke losing control. SK is later shown on the Astral Plane with spider legs and all the psychic victims in cocoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though I think that many of us would fight over which version of Betsy should be in the movie...the big butterfly thing is partially do to the Shadow King's attack so he's pushing her powers...
    I don't think he was pushing her powers. He didn't do anything she couldn't do on her own. It was far more a visual storytelling of Psylocke losing control to Sk as the butterfly turned more to a moth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    So does her feat of contacting them from all across the globe simply a result of a telepathic bond with them or is Betsy a planetary level telepath in general? I've only read her in Xforce and bits from other runs, does she generally have that level of power??
    Betsy is an Omega Telepath. This was established in UXF. This issue even said she was as strong as any other TP on the planet. So yes..... Plus her TK has been off the charts for years.

Thanks for explaining all that, Psy!

BANNED

Don't take this wrong. but being Omega level no longer means anything. That's why no body uses it anymore. She has Omega level Telepathy, but still needs a device to contact so many people. The reason she was able to do so, is because she was close to those people, not because of her power levels. When she was "JUST" a Normal Telepath, before all the Omega level BS Shenanigans of the X-books, She was able to do it several times, but because she was close to those people.
    So her being able to contact minds around the world would be OP, Betsy can be OP at times, but it usually taxes the hell out of her. Back in the Outback she did a Telepathic yell once, but only because she was familiar with those minds, no Omega level anything involved.

Yes, I hate Omega level. Because there's two unclear classifications and people go juts with both, when there's no clarity on what it means to actually BE an Omega Level Telepath, or mutant or both. You can be a world class Telepath without being Omega level. Before the over powered everything of the last 10 years characters power levels have jumped to stoopid heights.

Just my two cents.

P.s. some people also think omega level means their character can do anything and never lose.

Quentin Quite was created at that level. I hate when they boost normal Xmen just because it's cool.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 07-20-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Don't take this wrong. but being Omega level no longer means anything. That's why no body uses it anymore. She has Omega level Telepathy, but still needs a device to contact so many people. The reason she was able to do so, is because she was close to those people, not because of her power levels. When she was "JUST" a Normal Telepath, before all the Omega level BS Shenanigans of the X-books, She was able to do it several times, but because she was close to those people.
    So her being able to contact minds around the world would be OP, Betsy can be OP at times, but it usually taxes the hell out of her. Back in the Outback she did a Telepathic yell once, but only because she was familiar with those minds, no Omega level anything involved.

Yes, I hate Omega level. Because there's two unclear classifications and people go juts with both, when there's no clarity on what it means to actually BE an Omega Level Telepath, or mutant or both. You can be a world class Telepath without being Omega level. Before the over powered everything of the last 10 years characters power levels have jumped to stoopid heights.

Just my two cents.

P.s. some people also think omega level means their character can do anything and never lose.

Quentin Quite was created at that level. I hate when they boost normal Xmen just because it's cool.
    There is an established difference between Omega level telepath and Omega level mutant. Omega level TP just means you have quite a bit of raw power and can perform all the tricks. Ie. project thoughts, create illusions, control minds etc....... As where a non omega level telepath like Karma is limted in what she can do. An omega level mutant is someone who has endless potential with their powerset.

Psylocke is definitely an Omega level Telepath. You're also forgetting that she was limited in what she could do seeing as she was being controlled and her power being exerted by SK to create a giant Butterfly/Moth and mini butterflies strong enough to cut Rogues skin. Remember when Psylocke pulls on TK it takes from the avaiable power for TP. So I see this as perfectly plausible all things considered...... She has performed some amazing feats since her Outback days. She is no longer that weak minded frail. She can Psyblast an Apocalypse and go toe to toe with Shadow King.

I agree most people do not know the difference between omega tp from omega mutant.
    Last edited by Psy; 07-20-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Sorry for the double post.

I wanted to share with my favorite Psy-Friends my new Deviant Account. I will be posting my work and my comic book projects and fan art. If you can check it out and spread the word.

http://mwwm1982.deviantart.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    There is an established difference between Omega level telepath and Omega level mutant. Omega level TP just means you have quite a bit of raw power and can perform all the tricks. Ie. project thoughts, create illusions, control minds etc....... As where a non omega level telepath like Karma is limted in what she can do. An omega level mutant is someone who has endless potential with their powerset.

Psylocke is definitely an Omega level Telepath. You're also forgetting that she was limited in what she could do seeing as she was being controlled and her power being exerted by SK to create a giant Butterfly/Moth and mini butterflies strong enough to cut Rogues skin. Remember when Psylocke pulls on TK it takes from the avaiable power for TP. So I see this as perfectly plausible all things considered...... She has performed some amazing feats since her Outback days. She is no longer that weak minded frail. She can Psyblast an Apocalypse and go toe to toe with Shadow King.

I agree most people do not know the difference between omega tp from omega mutant.
    Well she was never weak minded to begin with. Her Telepathy was always pretty boss, she just used it in less destructive ways. That's what I mean by power creep. Everyone is so godsdamned powerful it's boring. Everyone can do everything. She's checked people like Sinister in the past, and was able to Mind Fry pretty powerful folks. It's just that now Power equates devastation and that bores the shit out of me.
    Which to me Iceman will always be the best example of Omega level. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Save it for the really nasty nasties. Quentin Quire is a douche so he uses his powers in douchy ways. Psylocke is literally a Butterfly, not a bull. But it seems the only way fans dig it, is if she's blasting apart buildings or smashing mountains....yawn.....

BANNED

I never cared for the omega-level telepath classification. That was just crap that Matt Fraction made up to boost that fake blonde Emma Frost even more. Unfortunately the classification stuck around after that...however Betsy was confirmed by Remender to be an omega-level mutant, not just telepath.

BTW, I've noticed a few people on here say that the gigantic butterfly was telekinetic? I thought it was surely telepathic.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    It used to be just for show.It's never been able to release those shrapnel-like projectiles that cause physical and mental damage before.

But it's not so unprecedented,seeing Jean used to create a Phoenix raptor with similar properties.
    I really liked seeing Betsy release those psychic knifes from her butterfly. It really did remind me of a Phoenix-type manifestation and was cool, especially since her psychic knives were hurting the other characters physically, even invulnerable Rogue. Since her telepathy has manifested physically before (psycho-blasts), it makes sense.

I think y'all are paying way too much attention to whatever idiocy writers used to concoct in order to sugarcoat their pet characters or to rationalise their stories.

Psylocke is considered one of the X-Men's core telepaths.Her achievements speak for themselves.That means she is in the same class as Xavier,Emma,Jean and her family,and so on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I think y'all are paying way too much attention to whatever idiocy writers used to concoct in order to sugarcoat their pet characters or to rationalise their stories.

Psylocke is considered one of the X-Men's core telepaths.Her achievements speak for themselves.That means she is in the same class as Xavier,Emma,Jean and her family,and so on.
    There is one on your list who does not belong there lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    There is one on your list who does not belong there lol.
    Is this ....

I see?

I think she's just an Omega Level Telepath or Mutant, I don't think she's both. I'll see if I can find that Remender interview.
    I mean Charlie should still be the top level of Telepaths with Emma not far behind and Jean Then Psylocke? Of those four, But there are other Telepaths I won't list, since that list is long.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 07-20-2017 at 04:15 PM.

BANNED

This helps some.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mutant_...Classification
    So there is a difference in Omega classifications even among non mutants. So Thanos is an Beyond Omega level threat as Exodus is an Omega Level Threat.

Found it.

Rick Remender: I can't speak to how Psylocke has been used by all other writers, but to me, having her fly makes her too powerful. Stealthy super-ninja/burgeoning Omega-level telepath is plenty for one character, in my mind. That's not to say that she hasn't been shown to have other abilities. To be frank, her history is a bit scattered and in order to make a cohesive backstory for her, I had to make some executive decisions as to what I would and would not be using. To use it all would just be too many ingredients in the soup, and I believe would make the character less interesting and believable.

Burgeoning, not quite there yet.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2969899.html

BANNED

My friend is AMAZING, Look it what she got me. !!
    Got 2 of them.

BANNED

http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...-remender.html
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...-force-18.html

In the first link, he calls her an omega-level telepath with psi powers that rivaled pre-Phoenix Jean.

In the second link, he calls her an omega-level mutant whose telepathy rivals Jean's and Xavier's. Then draws parallels to her butterfly effect with Jean's phoenix effect and how Betsy was able to accomplish something that others couldn't do.

So she's both.

Charles was long ago outclassed by Jean both during Claremont's run and Morrison's run. Emma was way behind both Charles and Jean in Morrison's. She didn't become super powerful until Jean, Xavier, and Betsy were no longer in the picture and the X-Men needed a head telepath and most of this nonsense was created by Matt Fraction who wrote her as the barbie telepathic arm candy. Her telepathy was never supposed to be as strong as he wrote her but luckily after Avengers vs X-Men, her powers were greatly downgraded.

I'd so Jean and her children are the most powerful telepaths alongside Franklin Richards. Xavier and Betsy would come next as a close second. I think Moondragon was said to rival Xavier or even be more powerful than him.

BANNED

Wow you're so lucky! Gorgeous art of Betsy and Rogue in two of my fav costumes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Burgeoning, not quite there yet.

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2969899.html
    This was before The Dark Angel Saga.