Page 509 of 820 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 12295
    Ultimate Member

Maybe it's supposed to be a dark purple, or if she's in the shadows...sorry but I just get Betsy's thoughts in those panels of her finding it hard to concentrate with Warren shirtless...

I finally got around to reading Astonishing #1. It was really good. Nice dialogue, great teamwork, beautiful art. The art for the next issue doesn't look that good, but hopefully the writing quality can be maintained.

Regarding Munn and Dark Phoenix, it wouldn't surprise me if she's not in it at all and Munn is just teasing people to drum up more interest.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-25-2017 at 03:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe it's supposed to be a dark purple, or if she's in the shadows...sorry but I just get Betsy's thoughts in those panels of her finding it hard to concentrate with Warren shirtless...
    Lol, you aren't the only one. I agree though, that her hair looks dark purple to me. It's not that different from the way a lot of times she has been depicted with hair such a dark shade of purple that it can look black under the lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    At least if it is another combat role, there might be enough interest in her from audiences to keep her in a larger role for another film (such as X-Force). I'd rather see her in a limited role than not at all.

It's funny how many films Betsy was nearly in. X3 sorta has her (although I don't consider that Psylocke). The Wolverine nearly had Priyanka Chopra playing her. And then Days of Future Past nearly had Jamie Chung playing her.
    Did we really almost get Jamie as her in DoFP? I know Jamie has pushed for playing her in the past, but I didn't know it almost happened.

Ultimate Member

Lol, you aren't the only one. I agree though, that her hair looks dark purple to me. It's not that different from the way a lot of times she has been depicted with hair such a dark shade of purple that it can look black under the lightning.
    It kind of reminds me of that old issue where Warren and Betsy talked for a bit, I think it was back around the time of that the X-Men were on X-haven or whatever and the writer listed Warren's turn-ons and one of them was Betsy...I think that Marvel just probably views it as close enough that we know that it's Betsy so it's good enough...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Did we really almost get Jamie as her in DoFP? I know Jamie has pushed for playing her in the past, but I didn't know it almost happened.
    For some reason, I remember hearing about it but I can't find it now. I can't find concept art of her as Psylocke either but I think it might have been on one of the special features for the blu-ray (either the regular edition or the Rogue cut). I am seeing Jubilee concept art with Jamie Chung so maybe I confused them, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Jamie Chung as Psylocke in concept art as well. I'll post it if I find it.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

For some reason, I remember hearing about it but I can't find it now. I can't find concept art of her as Psylocke either but I think it might have been on one of the special features for the blu-ray (either the regular edition or the Rogue cut). I am seeing Jubilee concept art with Jamie Chung so maybe I confused them, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Jamie Chung as Psylocke in concept art as well. I'll post it if I find it.
    I don't think this is true. Singer & Kinberg mentioned when they were researching Psylocke they ran across a fan photoshop image of Munn as Psylocke and that's what planted the seed that led to Munn landing the role.. I don't think Chung was ever in negotiations to play the character.

She did say she would've loved to play the character

BANNED

At least if it is another combat role, there might be enough interest in her from audiences to keep her in a larger role for another film (such as X-Force). I'd rather see her in a limited role than not at all.

It's funny how many films Betsy was nearly in. X3 sorta has her (although I don't consider that Psylocke). The Wolverine nearly had Priyanka Chopra playing her. And then Days of Future Past nearly had Jamie Chung playing her.
    Are there ZERO actresses who are of British/Asian descent? Or even just an Asian actress who is British?

oh look here's one: Gemma Chan

Gemma_Chan.jpg

BANNED

My friend Rich had these X-men Covers done this weekend at SDCC

Rhiannon Owens

Joseph Michael Linser

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Are there ZERO actresses who are of British/Asian descent? Or even just an Asian actress who is British?

Gemma_Chan.jpg
    Wow, now we gotta go so far as only cast people of the right nationality? Munn may not have been English, but she IS of Asian descent (her mother is Hoa born in Vietnam).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wow, now we gotta go so far as only cast people of the right nationality? Munn may not have been English, but she IS of Asian descent (her mother is Hoa born in Vietnam).
    the accent tho.

If you google Emma Chan she's legit British.

the accent tho.

If you google Emma Chan she's legit British.
    Being British, I can verify that Gemma Chan is British.
    Last edited by WheelchairX; 07-26-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Gemma_Chan.jpg
    There's more! Jessica Henwick, Elizabeth Tan, Selena Lo. There's even more but those are the ones whose names I know. Gemma and J-Hen are my favorites.

I am very open to Asian American/Canadian/Australian/New Zealander actresses playing Psylocke, but they should learn to speak in an English accent. One of the few things I don't like about Movie Psylocke is that she's American, seemingly at least. One could fanwank that she's pretending to be American and maybe in a different movie Munn will give us an attempt at an English accent, but that's a longshot.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-26-2017 at 01:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by reptarcereal View Post
    I don't think this is true. Singer & Kinberg mentioned when they were researching Psylocke they ran across a fan photoshop image of Munn as Psylocke and that's what planted the seed that led to Munn landing the role.. I don't think Chung was ever in negotiations to play the character.
    I meant Days of Future Past. Concept art of Jubilee and I think Psylocke too had Jamie Chung.