Page 51 of 820 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

I say we should all be glad Betsy narrowly missed out on Austen's run.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Kieron Gillen, Mike Carey (sans Rogue) or Gail Simone
    Oooh, I'm on board with Gail Simone. With her run on Batgirl ending and Birds of Prey being cancelled as well as no announced projects at DC, this might be in the realm of possibility! Especially since this is all happening around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    After reading X-men #17.... ugh. I still think Humphries wrote the shittiest X-book next to Fraction, but Woods run is pretty disjointed and blah blah blah.
    Wow really, Humphries worse than home wrecking, Warren pumping, punching bag, Crimson Dawn, 90's Psylocke?
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

lol Blu <3

Guys, don't forget to ask MM any Psylocke related questions you might have? http://community.comicbookresources....for-Mike-Marts

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Ideally I'd like Mike Carey and Rogue back, but with some kind of editorial "leash" on Carey to prevent him from focusing too much on Rogue. I want this book to be a real team book, instead of pseudo solo/team hybrid. Good call on Gillen. He's good and popular.

Wood's run is dissappointing, but I give it points for at least starting off really strong. Loved the first arc and the BOTA issues, while stupid, were still really entertaining. In fact, my feelings for Wood's X-men are pretty similar to my feelings for Humphries UXF run. They both started off superfun, but slowly declined into so so status. I'd give the edge to Wood's run for having much more consistently in character dialogue (although it wasn't perfect) and more action.
    Has Carey ever written Betsy before? I bet she would be gold under him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Has Carey ever written Betsy before? I bet she would be gold under him.
    List of Careyfied Lizzie:
    - Earth Give Up Your Dead aka The Exorcism of Ruth Aldine aka Necrosha Tie-In aka Best Legacy Arc
    - No More Humans

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    List of Careyfied Lizzie:
    - Earth Give Up Your Dead aka The Exorcism of Ruth Aldine aka Necrosha Tie-In aka Best Legacy Arc
    - No More Humans
    Oh she was in No More Humans? What did you think of Carey's take on her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Oh she was in No More Humans? What did you think of Carey's take on her?

I think he did her well. He interested me in her teke fields and didn't reinforce any Dragon Lady stereotypes, which is hard when writing Lizzie.

He also wrote her in Second Coming, the "Fables of the Reconstruction" arc, Age of X and her Breaking Into Comics: The Marvel Way story.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-01-2014 at 10:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    lol Blu <3

Guys, don't forget to ask MM any Psylocke related questions you might have? http://community.comicbookresources....for-Mike-Marts
    Here's my questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Hello Good sir, I only have 3 questions, are Psylocke related.

1) Now that Psylocke has had a costume change, it seems writers are more willing to use her, and many have used her very well, beyond stereotype.
    Is it possible in the future to get either a Psylocke Mini, or a series of Psylocke one shots that focus on her away from the main team?

2) I am a huge Marvel UK fan, and a Braddock fan in general. I miss the interactions she had with her family before she came to the US, and even the few times they've appeared together over the years.
    How likely is it for Betsy to interact with her brothers again, and her place as far as Otherworld is concerned?

3) I feel that Kwannon was never truly introduced as her own character, even though she inhabits the body of Betsy Braddock, we've never truly seen how each woman really feels being displaced, and not their own woman. I think Kwannon would make an excellent addition to X-force if Psylocke ever leaves the team. I admit i'm a die hard Brit Body fan, and would like to see Kwannon return with a new name and future. Will we ever see Kwannon again, and if so hopefully beyond canon fodder?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I say we should all be glad Betsy narrowly missed out on Austen's run.

Oooh, I'm on board with Gail Simone. With her run on Batgirl ending and Birds of Prey being cancelled as well as no announced projects at DC, this might be in the realm of possibility! Especially since this is all happening around the same time.

Wow really, Humphries worse than home wrecking, Warren pumping, punching bag, Crimson Dawn, 90's Psylocke?
    Gail Simone would rock it. I think she can write a stronger woman better than most women. WITHOUT turning them into feminazi's

Well berri..... I Hated what she became in the 90's, the caricature of everything shitty about women, asian's, and Ninja. But I feel Humphries nearly made her almost as unrecognizable.

Mighty Member

I'm kind of over her being this "whore" everyone writes her as. She's def my favorite character and I enjoyed her transformation (the original AoV arc that CC wrote). Remender did great things with her and now after, I feel like she's being used as the cheap slut. The "storyline" with the Fantomex and Cluster was dumb and her telling Cable that they could sleep together because there was NSA was kind of out of no where. For an omega level mutant warrior, I can't believe that writers focus on trying to make her out as a slut.

That doesnt really make her a slut. Can you elaborate more on why you think she is slutty? She was in a relationship with Fanto and Cluster.

The only time I haven't been ok with Betsy's sexualized behavior was when she tried to break up Scott and Jean and nearly raped Scott.

Ugh, sexuality is a such double standard of comics. Women like Emma Frost, Psylocke, and Huntress get labeled slut and whore for being sexually liberated, but men like Wolverine who sleep around and are close to hitting their triple digits are praised. **** that.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

The only time I haven't been ok with Betsy's sexualized behavior was when she tried to break up Scott and Jean and nearly raped Scott.

Ugh, sexuality is a such double standard of comics. Women like Emma Frost, Psylocke, and Huntress get labeled slut and whore for being sexually liberated, but men like Wolverine who sleep around and are close to hitting their triple digits are praised. **** that.
    THIS, I'm comics and sadly irl. Wolvie and so many others are praised as being 'ladies men' but if a female character dares to have more than one love interest in as long as a year or more? Total slut.

I agree. Slut-shaming ain't cute.

Ultimate Member

I think the difference is that Logan wasn't sleeping with Storm for a bit, then Rogue, then hitting on Emma like Remender had Betsy doing with Warren, then Fantomex, and then Logan...Betsy degraded herself with her "relationship" with Fantomex and Cluster, she lowered herself to their level...and remember that people have always slammed Logan with claims that he's been sexually interested in Kitty and Jubilee and the like.

As for Kwannon, she's been gone for years.

As for the writer I'd love to see Nicieza write Betsy again, sure he's not perfect but he was the writer that made me love Betsy as more than the thong...and I'd love to see Betsy in a long term equal relationship, particularly with a returned WW 3.