Page 511 of 820 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yup. That's why I think they're factoring in the Unipower. Intelligence and Fighting are about the only ones I agree on. But just goes to show you you can't trust the power rankings at Marvel's site.
    I remeber Cyke was faster and better h2h then Gambit on marvel statistics lol.

Also it seems current Psylocke ranks are different from Marvel site. I think she was faster at Marvel.

BANNED

The numbers thing made sense in the 90s when card games were a thing...now they're just arbitrary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The numbers thing made sense in the 90s when card games were a thing...now they're just arbitrary.
    This. Card games when they were an actual thing for Marvel, made sense when you battled each other. But now the power levels are so fast it's ridiculous.

I remember reading Elizabeths stats for Marvel Super Heroes RPG, and was like, whoever wrote this never read an X-men book. This was when she was still white and just joined.
    They had her fighting at a 30 (Remarkable)
    Agility at 20 (Excellent)
    Strength at 20 (Excellent)
    Endurance at 30 (Remarkable)

Basically she was tougher than 90% of the X-men, I remember laughing out loud at that.
    Shoulda been more like.
    Fighting 4-6
    Agility 8-10
    Strength 4-6
    Endurance 6-10 +10 for being a "mutant"

I wish they'd go back to character glossaries.
    Where each writer reads on the character, their feats, their history, and abilities, and relations, then go from there. Adding or Subtracting a bit based on the story, but leave notes for the next person.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

When it comes to her hierarchy of friends I see it as

Best of the best
    Logan and Ororo

2nd Tier
    Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Beast, Sage, Colossus

Strong Bond/Unorthodox partnership
    Jean Grey, Cable(forming), Cyclops, Magneto, Bishop

Friendly but not necessarily friends
    Rogue, Kitty, Iceman, pretty much everyone else

Dislike
    Fantomex, Domino, Marrow
    Sorry for diggin' up an ancient post but this one got me thinking about what relationships (with the emphasis on friendships) I'd like for Psylocke to have. Since Wolverine death, the epic drinking & stabbing buddies dynamics they have is no longer possible, and I don't recon OML being keen on Betsy and vice versa. I obviously would love to see her and Storm having more bff quality time. As far as Astonishing goes, I think she and Bishop have great chemistry with each other, in a pals who went to hell and back and have each other backs kind of thing.

What about her and Rachel? I know that they were both stuck together during House of M and obviously worked together in the 'X-Men series. What would you guys class their relationship as?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Ultimate Member

You're forgetting Warren on that list there, I'd say that he'd be a better friend to her than Bobby and most of the others aside from the obvious...as for Rachel maybe an annoying little sister...

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    Sorry for diggin' up an ancient post but this one got me thinking about what relationships (with the emphasis on friendships) I'd like for Psylocke to have. Since Wolverine death, the epic drinking & stabbing buddies dynamics they have is no longer possible, and I don't recon OML being keen on Betsy and vice versa. I obviously would love to see her and Storm having more bff quality time. As far as Astonishing goes, I think she and Bishop have great chemistry with each other, in a pals who went to hell and back and have each other backs kind of thing.
    I agree with most of this. Except Sage and Magneto. I would put Sage and her as Friendly but not Friends. Magneto...i don't think falls into any of the categories.

I would add Emma to dislike.
    Rachel and Psylocke, seemed cool during house of m...but during the female x-men team run, they seemed to rub each other the wrong way.

Man...i think her closet friends are her teammates from the outback saga...and I think the fact that those friendships have stayed that strong is awesome.

Ultimate Member

I want her and X-23 to interact more myself. Laura seem to see Psylocke as kind of the "cool one" at times almost and they could expand on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I want her and X-23 to interact more myself. Laura seem to see Psylocke as kind of the "cool one" at times almost and they could expand on that.
    Their only real interactions I can recall was in Laura's very early appearances in Uncanny X-Men, which have largely been retconned out of Laura's history (or at least not mentioned). I can't recall if they've ever actually interacted beyond that, other than maybe a panel or two during the Messiah Trilogy.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-31-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabu View Post
    OMG I was just thinking about this post the other day but couldn't bring myself to slog through the thread to find it; so thank you! I think I still agree with pretty much most of this list. I'd actually bump Sage down one. I think I was just on a CC Exiles high at the time. They're as close enough but I don't know if she could classify as someone people would threaten if were they trying to coax Betsy into a fight or break her spirit.

Mags I stand by. The bond isn't necessarily a healthy one but Gillen and Bunn tethered them in ways I think will continue on should they come back into contact with each other. Rachel falls into the friendly but not necessarily friends category for me. Work friends if you will. There's a sense of camaraderie and they can have a conversation but they only hang out cause of their multiple common friends.

I really hope we get some good Bishop/Psylocke moments in Astonishing!

Me too. Bishop might be my favorite Betsy frenemy.

I'd love to see more Betsy/Allison interactions actually. Especially after all the crap Allison went through being an Agent of Shield and on A-Force. Nothing campy...because people tend to write Allison campy...but some real heart to heart stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I'd love to see more Betsy/Allison interactions actually. Especially after all the crap Allison went through being an Agent of Shield and on A-Force. Nothing campy...because people tend to write Allison campy...but some real heart to heart stuff.
    I blame a lot of that on Claremont. Before she joined the team, she wasn't portrayed as a Ditz, and was an accomplished heroine on her own.

Claremont turned her into a love sick scatterbrain. But Her and Elizabeth had their relationship as like an Older sister to a younger one.

Elizabeth was the third in command of the Outback Crew, then leader. So she got real close to Storm and Logan.

Peter probably wanted to knock her boots and saw her as the older woman he had no chance with. so he became her Protector.

Havok totally had a dislike for her for a long time but grew to respect her leadership.

Rachel and Elizabeth is more like a Sister and sibling thing. Respect each other, but do your own thing.

Rogue had a rivalry with Psylocke because Psylocke was everything she wanted to be, so Rogue acted bratty to her.

But grew to respect and like her. I don't think they're besties but will hang out with each other from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Their only real interactions I can recall was in Laura's very early appearances in Uncanny X-Men, which have largely been retconned out of Laura's history (or at least not mentioned). I can't recall if they've ever actually interacted beyond that, other than maybe a panel or two during the Messiah Trilogy.
    They also did a Fastball Special as the Alpha Team.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

I think Psylocke's closest friends among X-Men would have to be.. based on repeated moments

Storm
    Wolverine
    Angel
    Nightcrawler
    Dazzler

I'd include Beast but only Claremont ever tried to make them close and it never stuck. There's definitely more characters shes closely tied with (Fantomex, Bishop, Magneto) but not exactly on a trust/friendship basis.
    Last edited by reptarcereal; 07-31-2017 at 04:44 PM.