Page 600 of 820 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 12295
    BANNED

Just bought this posted online. Love this

Edit: Tee Public has the shirts
    Last edited by Tazirai; 06-21-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    As a person who lived in Japan. I agree and Disagree. Political Correctness is what happens when a particular News Network acts as a front piece for a Particular orange man in power.
    Fake PC = people getting upset that other people are upset because they think people upset about cultural appropriation isn't a thing. Which it is.

A white girl wearing a Japanese style dress only offends people who saw those images and decided to be offended. That's not Political Correctness Crap. It's People looking to be upset about something and voice their opinion.
    Take a white girl, sticking her in the body of a Japanese girl, then KILLING the Japanese girl as being the bad guy for wanting her body back IS literal Cultural appropriation.

The PC way to look at it is, "She's been in this bod for XXXX years so leave it alone, Agree with me or you're being PC. "

Neither of those are being PC. Telling the citizens of a country that there's only one way to do something POLITICALLY CORRECT, like agreeing with the Dear Leader, IS Political Correctness.

So One of those things is people being upset about nonsense. I'm a black male and don't give a damn about who wears braids, because everyone can wear braids. I do get mad when a white girls braids are treated as somehow BETTER than anyone elses braids because of her ethnicity, and her "Default" Status.

The other thing is Killing a woman who was an actual representative of her culture, taking it, and giving it to a white girl, who now runs around primarily screaming about being a "Bloody Ninja" and ignoring her own culture under many writers.
    As for the being in this body for so many years thing, I don't view it as pc or not, I just view it as she's been in this body longer than she was in her original one so it's just another reason to keep her as is, as for braids I don't view anybody's braids as being better or worse than anybody else's. Things maybe would be different if Kwannon had been a character before being merged with Betsy to get what we have now, and technically only part of her was killed off and I don't view Betsy as screaming about being a ninja, I don't remember Kwannon wanting her body back, when Revanche showed up she was saying that she was the real Betsy instead of the Asian Psylocke, as their bodies were merged into both...

http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...ry-in.html?m=1

They’re really milking how spoilery issue 4 is.

I see there is some confusion in regards to what is cultural appropriation and what it is not. I do agree with Tazirai in a couple of points due to the fact that I have practiced several traditions and cultural arts pertaining to a group of people I belong to and some that I do not but still treat with proper respect. Trust me that no one wants to see something that is held valuable be treated in a inappropiate manner. It is painful especially when said tradition had to be kept secret and hidden in order to survive the effects of colinization. I thought perhaps this article will help in certain things that are a bit murky but it does do a good job in explaining certain things.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/...-appropriation
    Last edited by Izanami; 06-24-2018 at 12:54 AM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post

If you asked me,I'd say issue #4 will merely see a resolution between Betsy and Magneto's clash in IvX.That "ghost from the past" is in all likelihood a reference to Magneto.

Leave the damned body debacle in the past where it belongs.Psylocke does not need any more of this hot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    If you asked me,I'd say issue #4 will merely see a resolution between Betsy and Magneto's clash in IvX.That "ghost from the past" is in all likelihood a reference to Magneto.

Leave the damned body debacle in the past where it belongs.Psylocke does not need any more of this hot mess.
    I hope you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I see there is some confusion in regards to what is cultural appropriation and what it is not. I do agree with Tazirai in a couple of points due to the fact that I have practiced several traditions and cultural arts pertaining to a group of people I belong to and some that I do not but still treat with proper respect. Trust me that no one wants to see something that is held valuable be treated in a inappropiate manner. It is painful especially when said tradition had to be kept secret and hidden in order to survive the effects of colinization. I thought perhaps this article will help in certain things that are a bit murky but it does do a good job in explaining certain things.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/...-appropriation
    This is exactly what I agree with. There is away to celebrate a culture and a way to parody it and belittle it. Which is why I think the way the body merging happened has been handled wrong afterward. There should be some story of Betsy in a way telling Kwannons story and understanding her. Then being able to celebrate her life and culture. I think what happened could be very very interesting. I mean I am Native American mainly and I have dark features and olive skin. So I think how and would things be different for me if I were a different aesthetic. This is what should be explored. Homage verse parody. It all depends on the writer willing to actually explore it.

Ultimate Member

Maybe they didn't do that because the bodyswap wasn't Betsy's original idea, so the whole thing was forced onto her and from what she learned about Kwannon perhaps to her there wasn't much left to tell if anything so she just decided to live with the change and move forward, not the greatest idea maybe but...but not saying that her finding out about Kwannon's past, if she actually has much of one, could be interesting...

Whatever it is, I'm very very excited. I just wish the art on the mini was better.

BANNED

They need them sales. They really do. I mean it's nto off to a great start as is. Kinda MEH!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    This is exactly what I agree with. There is away to celebrate a culture and a way to parody it and belittle it. Which is why I think the way the body merging happened has been handled wrong afterward. There should be some story of Betsy in a way telling Kwannons story and understanding her. Then being able to celebrate her life and culture. I think what happened could be very very interesting. I mean I am Native American mainly and I have dark features and olive skin. So I think how and would things be different for me if I were a different aesthetic. This is what should be explored. Homage verse parody. It all depends on the writer willing to actually explore it.
    Agreed. As a black male with native (Blackfoot) Blood, a White/Hispanic Grandmother, a half black/Half cuban grandfather. I got all types off ish in me. So I can actually call up these people talk to them, and bring in several aspects of shared culture. What I would never do is forget mine, and appropriate a cultures deep ties to certain things, then forget about the culture.

People Love Martial arts, but think it's purely an asian thing. All physical combat is a martial art by the STRICTEST term. But appropriation is adopting the guise of the asian, while getting rid of the asian, yet using all the asian tropes, without the actual asian.

But whatever happens I think the resolution does revolve around Psylocke and Maggie-Neato!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Whatever it is, I'm very very excited. I just wish the art on the mini was better.
    All the this.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe they didn't do that because the bodyswap wasn't Betsy's original idea, so the whole thing was forced onto her and from what she learned about Kwannon perhaps to her there wasn't much left to tell if anything so she just decided to live with the change and move forward, not the greatest idea maybe but...but not saying that her finding out about Kwannon's past, if she actually has much of one, could be interesting...
    Hence the problem. If you were walking around with some other womans DBA, a person, who lived and loved and died and because of her you're alive. Remember Kwannon died from the Legacy virus. Whether it was forced upon you or not. There is a responsibility to honor this woman. Saying Kwannon may not have much history is like saying the ocean may not have enough fish. You're not looking hard enough. Kwannon has to have more 5han what was revealed. She had a trainer and someone who made her an assassin. She had to have a family or even lack of one is still a story. I don't know about you but if that were me. I would have a need or strong desire to discover who that person was.

Ultimate Member

I'm not saying that Kwannon definitely didn't have a history, though for all that we know she was an orphan from the street with no family and no real big history to speak of before she joined the Yakuza and became the assassin that then later got merged with Betsy, and in truth Betsy isn't totally walking around in someone elses full body as the body that she's in is part of her old English body as the two were mixed not just swapped, then again they could have Betsy just view Kwannon as an assassin and could think that it's a history best left unknown as it might be more trouble than it's worth, given that if she had family then maybe Betsy doesn't want to put them through her showing up and all of that...or not...

I did say someone else's DNA and not body due to the fact that I am aware of how the body merge went down. I also said if it were me, I would etc......