Page 621 of 820 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631671721 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 12295

And if they are going back to the lighter purple hair for her there is no excuse for folks to color her hair black anymore. The evil has been defeated.

I also feel this definitely means she’s apart of the Uncanny relaunch in November, yes?

I am a Betsy fan for life but if this is how they're accomplishing the whole put her back to her former self trope. Then this was a pretty shotty way to accomplish it. Some offshoot Wolverine returns book where she somehow magically gets her self back. I am almost guaranteeing it is Revanche. Somehow Revanche was in Styxx. Maybe she was able to siphon her soul at the time. She would have been near when she died.

I almost think Remender returning her when he teased the idea a bit would have been better. At least then it would have involved her actual history with the body and the family she belongs to and a realistic return. Ie. Jamie creating her body because you know,... he can. . Idk we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    The only concern was when you had writers who thought it was a good idea to have Psylocke act out stereotypes of "Asian" culture. Fortunately we don't see much of that in the comics any more. There's nothing inherently wrong with the body-swap though, the idea that there was just came from a few idiots who were incapable of grasping the difference between appearances and stereotyping.
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Maybe in the past. But Marvel is moving on to having actual Minorities in America, represent actual Minorities. Also the Ickiness of this is becoming a bigger issue. Making her half Japanese from the start would be terrible, as it would be Ghost in the Shell all over again.
    Also, having her go back to original looks while retaining the 4-5 plus actual comics years worth of Experience she's gained would remain. She'd be interacting with her family more, etc.
    I also see having her remain in the body, while Kwannon returns, and they have an ACTUAL discussion on racial identity from a somewhat popular mainstream character.

They are gonna make the Tumblrites on both sides of the so-called PC/SJW debate mad anyway.
    She’s an X-men first and foremost in either of her stupid bodies. She’ll always spend more time with the X-men and interact with her family every few years. I don’t think just because she’s white again.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I am a Betsy fan for life but if this is how they're accomplishing the whole put her back to her former self trope. Then this was a pretty shotty way to accomplish it. Some offshoot Wolverine returns book where she somehow magically gets her self back. I am almost guaranteeing it is Revanche. Somehow Revanche was in Styxx. Maybe she was able to siphon her soul at the time. She would have been near when she died.
    Unless it's an one-issue thing,bringing back someone as convoluted as Kwannon at Psylocke's expense would be nonsensical.What's the point,when she has neither fans nor writers who would invest energy in her?
    I almost think Remender returning her when he teased the idea a bit would have been better. At least then it would have involved her actual history with the body and the family she belongs to and a realistic return. Ie. Jamie creating her body because you know,... he can. . Idk we shall see.
    Agreed.The last issue is going to be disappointing either way,when you know the big change comes about in a forgettable mini that isn't even about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Unless it's an one-issue thing,bringing back someone as convoluted as Kwannon at Psylocke's expense would be nonsensical.What's the point,when she has neither fans nor writers who would invest energy in her?

Agreed.The last issue is going to be disappointing either way,when you know the big change comes about in a forgettable mini that isn't even about her.
    Pure speculation but Maybe Zub will explore the changes further in Uncanny. The mini is probably just a way to set it up.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah, Kwannon and Madelyne Pyror never had a chance. I kinda feel bad for them.
    Definitely. I have a thing for characters that get screwed over lol. At least with Maddie, she's finally a real girl again! Just wish they'd do something with her that doesn't keep her as an all-out villain like Selene, who IS my favorite all-out villain.

Also, on the subject of Betsy's fighting skills: She'd have those skills in either body. Originally, she was in her own body when she trained with the hand. She spent months training and used her telepathy to predict her enemies' movements which gave her an edge as well. With the second story, Revanche spent months training in Psylocke's original body and they were equal in skill when their minds were a mix of each other. Psylocke retained those skills after Kwannon purified her.

When The Sisterhood transferred Psylocke back to her original body, she kept the fighting skills and the psychic knife. Psylocke will always be a psychic with the ability to create weapons and a ninja. It's her niche.
    Last edited by Drey; 07-28-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think Terry Dodson's "spoiler cover" tells us everything we need to know:

- British body, check
    - Psychic knives, check
    - Ninja pose, check
    - Permanent or temporary? They designed a new X-Men costume for Betsy so you bet it's going to stick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From Reddit:
    Do you have a link to the Sub Reddit to read it?

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I like how the new costume homages her classic pink look, which also left her shoulders uncovered. Not very practical in battle I guess, but at least her butt is fully covered lol
    Same. I love that shit, Sexy, and badass all at once. There's also an X already on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    And if they are going back to the lighter purple hair for her there is no excuse for folks to color her hair black anymore. The evil has been defeated.

I also feel this definitely means she’s apart of the Uncanny relaunch in November, yes?

Damn shame they released two toy variants with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post

Remender, Bunn, Spurrier, Wilson, all wanted to make the attempt, Marjorie Liu also. We'll see what Zub can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    She’s an X-men first and foremost in either of her stupid bodies. She’ll always spend more time with the X-men and interact with her family every few years. I don’t think just because she’s white again.
    I'd agree if she had actually interacted with them more. Remenders series was her last true multi issue of interacting with them. We still don't know if she knows about Maggie or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Definitely. I have a thing for characters that get screwed over lol. At least with Maddie, she's finally a real girl again! Just wish they'd do something with her that doesn't keep her as an all-out villain like Selene, who IS my favorite all-out villain.

Also, on the subject of Betsy's fighting skills: She'd have those skills in either body. Originally, she was in her own body when she trained with the hand. She spent months training and used her telepathy to predict her enemies' movements which gave her an edge as well. With the second story, Revanche spent months training in Psylocke's original body and they were equal in skill when their minds were a mix of each other. Psylocke retained those skills after Kwannon purified her.

When The Sisterhood transferred Psylocke back to her original body, she kept the fighting skills and the psychic knife. Psylocke will always be a psychic with the ability to create weapons and a ninja. It's her niche.
    Kwannon doesn't have fans, because she was never really given a chance to get them. I think she'd do well once she got proper development.

The thing about her predicting moves has always driven me nuts. Not just her but Telepaths in General. if you've ever been in a real fight, once the fight starts any advantage a Telepath would have is purely in that first couple of seconds.
    I'm a trained fighter, with Military experience, and can tell you, they drill thought out of you. You act on instinct, and it happens so fast, A Telepath even IF they are able to read your mind, can't react fast enough to counter.

I'll chalk that up to comic hand wave. But yeah she'll keep her fighting skills. But was it actually stated to be months and not days or weeks? Wolverine wasn't captive very long, and once Jubilee freed him, they Beelined to Madripoor.
    I'd say two weeks actual, three tops and the rest Mental?

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I think Terry Dodson's "spoiler cover" tells us everything we need to know:

- British body, check
    - Psychic knives, check
    - Ninja pose, check
    - Permanent or temporary? They designed a new X-Men costume for Betsy so you bet it's going to stick.
    Just a nitpick. It's not really a "Ninja" pose. Ninjutsu is so overrated, when considering "Ninjas" get chumped often in real fights. Just look at MMA. It's a basic combat stance that many styles of Martial arts use, including Boxers and Fencers.

Not feeling the love for this costume. Its lackluster IMO. Maybe it might look better drawn by another artist but Im not impressed

Ultimate Member

Still not sure that it's going to stick, maybe the "ghost" is Betsy in her old body for a time before she goes back to her more Asian body...

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Still not sure that it's going to stick, maybe the "ghost" is Betsy in her old body for a time before she goes back to her more Asian body...
    I think this too ....so I don't get my expectations high again...

I dont even think there is a second body. I think its either Kwannon in Betsy's head or an astral projection. I may be in denial but Im not convinced yet

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Remember how Zub said there is a huge, lasting twist involving Psylocke back when the mini started?

Yeah. This is probably a long-term change.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

THough writers say things like that all of the time, that this event will change this or that character forever...and then it doesn't...who knows maybe this pushes Betsy in a new direction...she marries Warren...okay it won't be that but...