Page 639 of 820 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 12295

Although Im one of the few that likes whats happening. I do hop that they streamline the costume. Although it does give me 80s vibes that I like and that they make her hair a darker lavender and less pinkish. More like her Xtreme Xmen purple.

Attachment 69280

Ultimate Member

I'm one of those that doesn't like it at all, it's not even really her body unless she suddenly got a convenient and massive power upgrade to do it as she stole Styxx's body, whether defending herself or not...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Although Im one of the few that likes whats happening. I do hope that they streamline the costume. Although it does give me 80s vibes that I like and that they make her hair a darker lavender and less pinkish. More like her Xtreme Xmen purple.

Attachment 69280
    I prefer the lavender/purple hair to the blue-violet.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm one of those that doesn't like it at all, it's not even really her body unless she suddenly got a convenient and massive power upgrade to do it as she stole Styxx's body, whether defending herself or not...
    Dude we don’t know yet Sapphire Styx’s is the one she’s inhabiting from now on.

If it makes you feel better, I’m sure she’ll still love Warren and he will still love her no matter what body she’s in. We should all be like Warren in this specific regard.

It's even more disheartening that they couldn't have marketed Mystery in Madripoor as a Psylocke mini,even as a tie-in to HFW,when its sole purpose was to make her white again.

Imagine if Jamie is the ghost from Psylocke's past rushing in to save her from oblivion.

One thing that Mystery in Madripoor has succeeded in, is that this mini has stirred up a lot of speculation regarding Betsy. If she does take over Sapphire Styx's body and remakes it as her own like Xavier did with Fantomex, then they might as well cement her as Queen B when it comes to taking over bodies.

So let's count all of the mind/body/melding/hopping instances...

1). Unwillingly had her mind and body merged with Kwannon, ultimately taking over Kwannon's body.
    2). Kwannon (via Matsu'o) expelled the part of Betsy's mind that she possessed into Betsy, while taking back the part of her mind that was inside Betsy to the afterlife.
    3). In Exiles, an alternate universe Lady Mandarin was killed and jumped into Betsy's body and had to fight for dominance of the body. Not to mention she developed a psychic link with her alternate universe counterparts when they were getting ready to be killed by AU Slaymaster, resulting in their souls bonding themselves (unknowingly) to Betsy until she avenged them by killing AU Slaymaster.
    4). Madelyne Pryor and her Sisterhood forced Betsy's mind back into her OG body.
    5). When Dazzler severely burned Betsy, shocking her back in control, she psychically knifed herself, destroyed the murder spirit inside of her, and used her power to jump back into Kwannon's body.
    6). Now it appears that Betsy may have used a last ditch move to jump into Sapphire Styx's body to keep from dying.

Am I missing anything? Anyway, her psychic abilities do have a habit of evolving and changing, whether it's through outside forces or by her own means.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    One thing that Mystery in Madripoor has succeeded in, is that this mini has stirred up a lot of speculation regarding Betsy. If she does take over Sapphire Styx's body and remakes it as her own like Xavier did with Fantomex, then they might as well cement her as Queen B when it comes to taking over bodies.

So let's count all of the mind/body/melding/hopping instances...

1). Unwillingly had her mind and body merged with Kwannon, ultimately taking over Kwannon's body.
    2). Kwannon (via Matsu'o) expelled the part of Betsy's mind that she possessed into Betsy, while taking back the part of her mind that was inside Betsy to the afterlife.
    3). In Exiles, an alternate universe Lady Mandarin was killed and jumped into Betsy's body and had to fight for dominance of the body. Not to mention she developed a psychic link with her alternate universe counterparts when they were getting ready to be killed by AU Slaymaster, resulting in their souls bonding themselves (unknowingly) to Betsy until she avenged them by killing AU Slaymaster.
    4). Madelyne Pryor and her Sisterhood forced Betsy's mind back into her OG body.
    5). When Dazzler severely burned Betsy, shocking her back in control, she psychically knifed herself, destroyed the murder spirit inside of her, and used her power to jump back into Kwannon's body.
    6). Now it appears that Betsy may have used a last ditch move to jump into Sapphire Styx's body to keep from dying.

Am I missing anything? Anyway, her psychic abilities do have a habit of evolving and changing, whether it's through outside forces or by her own means.
    Wasn't her final body a special-made one from Jamie, not her original(destroyed by Dazzler) or Kwannon's(which was killed in X-Treme X-Men)?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    It's even more disheartening that they couldn't have marketed Mystery in Madripoor as a Psylocke mini,even as a tie-in to HFW,when its sole purpose was to make her white again.

Imagine if Jamie is the ghost from Psylocke's past rushing in to save her from oblivion.
    I agree with this.

It it should have been a mini all focused on Betsy or an arc in Uncanny.

She was literally in how many pages of this 4 issued mini.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Let's not forget what the solicits say about the issue:
    • What darkness lies within Sapphire Styx?
    • Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?

This seems to indicate that she isn't taking over SS's body IMO. Someone is gonna help her get her original body back.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Let's not forget what the solicits say about the issue:
    • What darkness lies within Sapphire Styx?
    • Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?

This seems to indicate that she isn't taking over SS's body IMO. Someone is gonna help her get her original body back.
    This is what I was thinking too. The question is who is the ghost from her past that could help? The only two I can think of is Kwannon but cannot see how she could help or Jamie her brother who could help but how did Sapphire get his soul? I guess we shall find out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wasn't her final body a special-made one from Jamie, not her original(destroyed by Dazzler) or Kwannon's(which was killed in X-Treme X-Men)?
    I'm not sure there's a clear-cut answer. Some, like myself, believe that Jamie repaired and resurrected the same body she died in during X-treme X-men. Others believe that Jamie created an entirely new body for her (which we do know he is capable of). Betsy even questioned this very same thing, but it was never touched upon beyond the issue where Jamie revealed how he resurrected her.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yes, that's right. Ever since she was brought back to life she's been in a body created by Jamie. The mostly-Kwannon body she had after the initial swap is still sitting on Vargas's mantelpiece somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    This is what I was thinking too. The question is who is the ghost from her past that could help? The only two I can think of is Kwannon but cannot see how she could help or Jamie her brother who could help but how did Sapphire get his soul? I guess we shall find out next week.
    I don't think the "ghost from the past" needs to be someone Styx absorbed. If it's Jamie, they could just have him show up - with his powers it wouldn't be at all surprising for him to survive having his neck snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Yes, that's right. Ever since she was brought back to life she's been in a body created by Jamie. The mostly-Kwannon body she had after the initial swap is still sitting on Vargas's mantelpiece somewhere.

I don't think the "ghost from the past" needs to be someone Styx absorbed. If it's Jamie, they could just have him show up - with his powers it wouldn't be at all surprising for him to survive having his neck snapped.
    The body Jamie created was the exact same body she died in. Jamie said this. Also, everything thus far absolutely leads us to believe the ghost from her past is a captured soul. They somehow work together to free the souls within Sapphire and Betsy gets her body back as well.... somehow. We've even seen a scene of Betsy's soul landing wherever Sapphire traps them.

I actually really love the costume they gave caucasion Betsy. I LOVE me some lavender.
    I don't think that there's anything wrong with the lighter color, but more what those colors represent; a loss of what made asian Psylocke so special.
    I wish things were just kept simple, with Psylocke just staying in her Asian body and Revanche back from the head in Betsy's Caucasian body. I don't understand why we couldn't have both characters rather that a completely new body for Betsy.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Where are Matsu'o, Spiral, and Mojo these days? I don't THINK they would be involved this late in the game but who knows. Would be great if it were Jamie.