Page 640 of 820 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Where are Matsu'o, Spiral, and Mojo these days? I don't THINK they would be involved this late in the game but who knows. Would be great if it were Jamie.
    Last we saw Mojo he’s trapped on Eartg after the X-Nen Blue and Gold crossover. Spiral is apparently back in Mojoworld as she popped up in the last issue of the same crossover when they went there to stop Mojo’s plan.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m still not sure what to make of the change. I understand it’s probably going to be done for good intentions. It seems weird to me since the character has been depicted as an Asian woman for my entire life. I feel like it might not be a good idea for her to be Caucasian in terms of long term visability because most outside media (films and video games) are almost definitely going to depict her as Asian.

I think a better solution would have been to simply rewrite her backstory as being at least half-Japanese.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Kudos to whoever renamed the thread.

So what’s the deal with the X-traitor/sleeper agent? What did this mystery person do?
    Agreed. I love the name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Psylocke was handled before by Mojo and Spiral and most recently by her eldest brother Jamie which you all know has reality warping powers and has done work with Psylocke's body itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if unknowingly by Psylocke, Jamie has put some things in her body that make her give info or help Jamie in whatever way.

It also doesn't help Psylocke's case that she is going thru yet another body switcharoo, with all that that entails so...

I don't think she is evil of her own. She has more than proven her worth with the X-Men family and she is mainstay and high hierarchy by now. Is that she has too many things that fills the spreadsheets that Sinister and Tony Stark were talking about.
    It would be amazing that after all the mind controlling she's been through, body changes, that when she "died" Jamie stuck her in the body from Otherworld. That body was still out there.
    He might have given it to her as a reward for killing him and stopping the GOAT from emerging later.

So are you saying that Jamie has been using her as an unknowing/unwilling spy?
    It's possible. He's done it to her before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Jamie's reappearance maybe isn't so random after all. Though I don't Psylocke to be the sleeper agent. Tony Stark said the sleeper agent wasn't a mutant but someone engineered to appear as one one.
    It's also freaky that Jamie reappears first in an Avengers related book.

Remember when Jamie made that body for her in the Otherworld Arc. We never saw what happened to it after Betts rejected it. Maybe it dissolved or something after Jamie died and now that he is alive, it’s back and that’s the body Betts will take over?
    I personally think it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    One thing that Mystery in Madripoor has succeeded in, is that this mini has stirred up a lot of speculation regarding Betsy. If she does take over Sapphire Styx's body and remakes it as her own like Xavier did with Fantomex, then they might as well cement her as Queen B when it comes to taking over bodies.

So let's count all of the mind/body/melding/hopping instances...

1). Unwillingly had her mind and body merged with Kwannon, ultimately taking over Kwannon's body.
    2). Kwannon (via Matsu'o) expelled the part of Betsy's mind that she possessed into Betsy, while taking back the part of her mind that was inside Betsy to the afterlife.
    3). In Exiles, an alternate universe Lady Mandarin was killed and jumped into Betsy's body and had to fight for dominance of the body. Not to mention she developed a psychic link with her alternate universe counterparts when they were getting ready to be killed by AU Slaymaster, resulting in their souls bonding themselves (unknowingly) to Betsy until she avenged them by killing AU Slaymaster.
    4). Madelyne Pryor and her Sisterhood forced Betsy's mind back into her OG body.
    5). When Dazzler severely burned Betsy, shocking her back in control, she psychically knifed herself, destroyed the murder spirit inside of her, and used her power to jump back into Kwannon's body.
    6). Now it appears that Betsy may have used a last ditch move to jump into Sapphire Styx's body to keep from dying.

Am I missing anything? Anyway, her psychic abilities do have a habit of evolving and changing, whether it's through outside forces or by her own means.
    Not gonna say anything but i'm just saying she is a

I'm not saying, just saying...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I actually really love the costume they gave caucasion Betsy. I LOVE me some lavender.
    I don't think that there's anything wrong with the lighter color, but more what those colors represent; a loss of what made asian Psylocke so special.
    I wish things were just kept simple, with Psylocke just staying in her Asian body and Revanche back from the head in Betsy's Caucasian body. I don't understand why we couldn't have both characters rather that a completely new body for Betsy.
    Although I disagree with her staying in the asian body, simply because Modern Marvel isn't about that, especially with their goal of inclusion and representation. Regardless of what Anti-SJW types think. People want to be seen on the pages in their correct forms. Psylocke can have her body, and Kwannon her birth bodies, and swap names.
    People really just got attached to the asian body for whatever reasons, probably reason of "Kewl", not saying you did, but many just see her as pure T&A with a sword.
    Let Kwannon be that person.

Also I love the colors on her costume, Psylocke has always been a feminine woman, and loved being a lady. Just because she's a badass doesn't make her less feminine. She can be a lady and still kick that ass. Lol.

Lady of War
    Basically, the Lady of War is a female fighter who retains an air of grace and reserve not usually associated with violence. If not an actual Princess, she tends to be otherwise highly placed, or at least look and act like it. If she's not gentle-mannered she may be an Aloof Dark-Haired Girl or arrogant and generally prissy and might become subject to a Defrosting Ice Queen scenario. Often, she's simply The Stoic.
    She's also a Pretty Princess Powerhouse

With all the luxury afforded to a princess and all the knights dedicated to her protection, who would have thought the most dangerous person in the castle is the princess herself? She doesn't just knit or gossip, this princess has developed remarkable powers and abilities to fight. Most are shocked when they first meet her to find she is ever the beautiful rose, but with some extremely sharp thorns.

So while she may look like a dainty Princess Classic (and she may even be perfectly sweet and nice when not in combat), Authority Equals Asskicking is in effect instead. Most of the time she fights better than those who serve her.

Asian Psylocke is villianized in MCU. Marvel needs to put Kwannon in the Brotherhood if Betsy returns to her real body.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Asian Psylocke is villianized in MCU. Marvel needs to put Kwannon in the Brotherhood if Betsy returns to her real body.
    Yep, which is almost WORSE than leaving things be as they are.

I''m hoping Betsy finds Kwannon's soul through her interaction with Styx, and finds a way to help Kwannon be her own hero. With SHIELD, or better yet, the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    It's even more disheartening that they couldn't have marketed Mystery in Madripoor as a Psylocke mini,even as a tie-in to HFW,when its sole purpose was to make her white again.

Imagine if Jamie is the ghost from Psylocke's past rushing in to save her from oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I agree with this.

It it should have been a mini all focused on Betsy or an arc in Uncanny.

She was literally in how many pages of this 4 issued mini.
    Exactly. This should have been it’s own book or arc dedicated to Psylocke. That it’s just a side story is so lame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Absolutely not. Kwannon deserves the chance to rise or fall as a hero. To make it worse is as bad as what they did in Ghost in the Shell. With Kwannon being literally comparable to the Major.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Where are Matsu'o, Spiral, and Mojo these days? I don't THINK they would be involved this late in the game but who knows. Would be great if it were Jamie.
    Matsu'o was killed by Psylocke in her mini. I don't think he has been heard from since. Spiral I last saw in UXF with Humphries. She left to protect that psychic child I believe. Mojo was recently seen in one of the books. Not sure what happened. The only other I could see would be SK. Maybe he somehow attached himself to Betsy in AXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Matsu'o was killed by Psylocke in her mini. I don't think he has been heard from since. Spiral I last saw in UXF with Humphries. She left to protect that psychic child I believe. Mojo was recently seen in one of the books. Not sure what happened. The only other I could see would be SK. Maybe he somehow attached himself to Betsy in AXM.
    The Shadow King crossed my mind as well. What makes me question it is that it seems like a massive stretch to refer to him as a “ghost from the past” when Psylocke has encountered him quite a bit in recent times. UXF, the Nightcrawler solo, and Astonishing which might as well have been a week ago.

Any official word or hints on how much time passed between Astonishing and MiM? It couldn’t have been long anyway.

It just seems more likely that it’s either Kwannon, someone we haven’t seen in decades, had to have died at least a few years in universe or Jamie, who was dead for about 5 or 6 years, at least a year in universe.

You know what would be a serious blast from the past that no one would see coming? Tom Lennox! How that would work, I haven’t the foggiest idea. Maybe something about their combined telekinesis and her telepathy saves her. Maybe he’s been deep inside of her all this time (that sounds wrong). I don’t know just pulling ideas out of my butt.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 08-13-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Although I highly doubt it will happen. I would REALLY love if Kwannon was somehow brought back in some capacity. Like Taz I would love to see her go through her own arc and let her decide whether or not to become a villain or hero. I would love to see Betsy offer to mentor her out of guilt and all the complexity that comes with having had another woman's body.

Get her away from Warren and Fantomex and let her focus on helping a young woman navigate coming back to life, as Betsy has.

(one can dream)
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Although I highly doubt it will happen. I would REALLY love if Kwannon was somehow brought back in some capacity. Like Taz I would love to see her go through her own arc and let her decide whether or not to become a villain or hero. I would love to see Betsy offer to mentor her out of guilt and all the complexity that comes with having had another woman's body.

Get her away from Warren and Fantomex and let her focus on helping a young woman navigate coming back to life, as Betsy has.

(one can dream)
    That doesn’t seem unlikely to be honest.

The solicit says:

Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?
    I think Kwannon resides on the astral plane and I could see her and Betsy sharing the body for a while while they try and resolve things to get Kwannon her own