Page 641 of 820 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 12295
    Ultimate Member

Or the ghost from the past is her old look or something, as people keep forgetting that Kwannon was no innocent, she was a killer and had no qualms about doing it so if she were to come back she'd probably just go right back to being a villain/killer again before being shunted off to limbo...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or the ghost from the past is her old look or something, as people keep forgetting that Kwannon was no innocent, she was a killer and had no qualms about doing it so if she were to come back she'd probably just go right back to being a villain/killer again before being shunted off to limbo...
    The way Betsy is? She's a killer herself. Kwannon wasnt a villian and died a hero having joined the X-men, albeit for a short run. She was not evil and those she worked with/for Nyorin and Matsu'o long since been dead. I dont know why you'd expect her to return and go back to being an assassin. She had already given that up and the connections to that old life are no longer around

Ultimate Member

But killing was what Kwannon did on a regular basis, anyone that she had to kill she did and she didn't really have a choice to become a hero as she could only influence Betsy until that all got sorted out...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But killing was what Kwannon did on a regular basis, anyone that she had to kill she did and she didn't really have a choice to become a hero as she could only influence Betsy until that all got sorted out...
    She did have a choice. No one forced her to join the X-men and stay. The X-men didnt chain her up like Sabretooth. No one threatened her like Mystique. Kwannon choice to turn her life around. That was all on her. She had agency in that decision when she could have stayed in Japan and rejoined Matsuo as a Hand assassin but she didnt. Its moot for her now anyway bc he's dead. She has no ties or motivations to be in that world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Although I disagree with her staying in the asian body, simply because Modern Marvel isn't about that, especially with their goal of inclusion and representation. Regardless of what Anti-SJW types think. People want to be seen on the pages in their correct forms. Psylocke can have her body, and Kwannon her birth bodies, and swap names.
    People really just got attached to the asian body for whatever reasons, probably reason of "Kewl", not saying you did, but many just see her as pure T&A with a sword.
    Let Kwannon be that person.

Also I love the colors on her costume, Psylocke has always been a feminine woman, and loved being a lady. Just because she's a badass doesn't make her less feminine. She can be a lady and still kick that ass. Lol.

Lady of War

She's also a Pretty Princess Powerhouse
    There don't seem to be plans to bring Kwannon back. But if they do what should her codename be? Revanche? Kwannon is the name of a Japanese goddess, so that was clearly not her real name.

So if they bring her back in her body, I'd assume she keeps Psylocke's powers as well (otherwise why bother bringing her back).

Honestly, since Kwannon really had absolutely no characterization or past or anything about her established, I'm not sure that there's a point in bringing her back. Revanche basically acted just like Psylocke until just before she died.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She did have a choice. No one forced her to join the X-men and stay. The X-men didnt chain her up like Sabretooth. No one threatened her like Mystique. Kwannon choice to turn her life around. That was all on her. She had agency in that decision when she could have stayed in Japan and rejoined Matsuo as a Hand assassin but she didnt. Its moot for her now anyway bc he's dead. She has no ties or motivations to be in that world.
    She even expressed regret that she lied to them on her identity, and left a note apologizing to Professor Xavier. And she had Matsuo use her remaining powers to make Elizabeth Braddock whole.

She certainly died a hero.

Yeah i’m not a Kwannon fan, but she didn’t die a villain and I don’t think she’d become a villain if she came back. Wasn’t she an empath pre body swap? Maybe she could get that power if she came back. There aren’t that many empaths around and it could be a good way to differentiate her more from Betts.

In my AU headfanon, Kwannon is a mutant assassin reluctantly employed by The Hand. She goes by the codename Shinobi, cause her mutant power is a paralyzing “psychic knife”. Elizabeth Braddock is older, and retired, and is Emma Frost’s mentor. When Jean goes Phoenix, Logan recruits Kwannon and Scott recruits Psylocke to assist the Professor. Phoenix fries Kwannon’s mind and incinerates Betsy’s body, so Betsy leaps into Kwannon’s brain dead body to incapacitate Dark Phoenix. Thus, both women have stories of merit, and a cinematic origin tale for the “merge”.

I stole the name Shinobi from Sebastian’s son because he was a crap character with a great name.

I just don't see any point of bringing Kwannon back. The only way I'd like to see her back is in Psylocke solo series. She doesn't have to do anything with the X-Men, but as one of Betsy's encounter/friends/frenemies.
    In that case, we'd see more characterization from both of the ladies. Stories that justify bringing her back (and also reverting Psylocke, since I doubt we'll get enough of that soon).

So I’d love to see Kwannon back as a sister in arms. Where when they fight together they are so in sync and simpatico that it’s a sight to see when it’s them two against an opponent. Soul sisters of you will.

But anyways check out this Chris Claremont article:

https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...betsy-in-2018/

Thank Lord Claremont for settling the matter after all these years of speculation, and thank Marvel for finally making it right.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Thank Lord Claremont for settling the matter after all these years of speculation, and thank Marvel for finally making it right.
    Something meant to last for three issues lasted 30 years. LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So I’d love to see Kwannon back as a sister in arms. Where when they fight together they are so in sync and simpatico that it’s a sight to see when it’s them two against an opponent. Soul sisters of you will.

But anyways check out this Chris Claremont article:

https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...betsy-in-2018/
    I was just about to post this lol.

Here's Claremont Interview with how he felt about Psylockes change in his own words.

Claremont’s Consequences: Discussing “Asian Betsy” in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I was just about to post this lol.

Here's Claremont Interview with how he felt about Psylockes change in his own words.

Claremont’s Consequences: Discussing “Asian Betsy” in 2018
    This interview really highlights the power the consumer/fans had over creative decisions. If there had been a great backlash against ‘Asian Psylocke’ she would have gone back to being white straight away, but there wasn’t so it stayed.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Ultimate Member

Though if Kwannon came around there'd be people calling her Psylocke and Betsy since she's been the Asian look for so long, the Asian version is still the one that people know best and right now she's basically killed Styxx and taken over/stolen her body...maybe Styxx isn't dead and will one day take her body back or something like that...