Page 66 of 820 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that Betsy probably loves him but is not "in love" with him...but I was right about Fantomex's short series, it sold terribly. Any "real" romance between the two was imho all in Remender's head and in those few issues.

Iirc Betsy got back to normal at the end of Remender's run, something that was kind of just tacked on the end.
    Lmao, anything "real" that happens in the comic books, is of course in the writers head. They are the captain of the ship and you're just a passenger. Wether you like something that happens or not. Doesn't mean you get to dictate which parts are continuity and which aren't.

Please, just move on. You are the ONLY one harping on this. Plus, you're the residential Psylocke Thread; Debbie Downer. It's so freaking old......

I don't think Wolverine ever threatened her for going rogue(which I'm assume you're referring to UXF vol. 2?) but her feelings on his death should definitely be noted. It will probably get handled in that "DEATH OF WOLVERINE: LIFE AFTER LOGAN #1" special. The fact that Armour made the cover though. :/ I'm eager to see how she handles it and I wonder if it'll be similar to when she died and she goes on a drunk reminiscing session.

I could also see her getting some panel time in Nightcrawler to deal with her reaction. It IS Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    You know you guys are talking about Marvel right? They tend to just shuffle things under the rug. We might get a one panel of her showing anything at all.
    In my headcanon, I'd have her remember him vouching for her to join, then presenting her the armour, then helping her regain her memory, then their fight in her mini, then the two sharing a beer or something, maybe shaking up for a quickie.
    Oh yeah, definitely. That's why I said earlier that even though I would love to see Psylocke's experience, especially because I genuinely believe that they should recognize their relationship... I wouldn't be surprised if all we get is her staring at a vase or something. It totally depends on the writer, and quite honestly, I doubt Spurrier is going to take note of it. It would throw a wrench into the flow of his story.

Maybe Guggenheim or the next adjectiveless writer might? *shrugs*
    I also wonder if Claremont will mention it in Nightcrawler #8 when Betsy makes an appearance. I don't plan to buy Nightcrawler #8, but if it does have a meaningful scene for Betsy, then I might pick it up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Lmao, anything "real" that happens in the comic books, is of course in the writers head. They are the captain of the ship and you're just a passenger. Wether you like something that happens or not. Doesn't mean you get to dictate which parts are continuity and which aren't.

Please, just move on. You are the ONLY one harping on this. Plus, you're the residential Psylocke Thread; Debbie Downer. It's so freaking old......
    I wasn't trying to dictate anything, only pointing out that any romance between Logan and Betsy is confined that that issue or two when Remender had the team in the possible future, so nothing longstanding.

You know you guys are talking about Marvel right? They tend to just shuffle things under the rug. We might get a one panel of her showing anything at all.
    In my headcanon, I'd have her remember him vouching for her to join, then presenting her the armour, then helping her regain her memory, then their fight in her mini, then the two sharing a beer or something, maybe shaking up for a quickie.
    It's not that unlikely we'll get more than just a panel of her reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't think Wolverine ever threatened her for going rogue(which I'm assume you're referring to UXF vol. 2?) but her feelings on his death should definitely be noted. It will probably get handled in that "DEATH OF WOLVERINE: LIFE AFTER LOGAN #1" special. The fact that Armour made the cover though. :/ I'm eager to see how she handles it and I wonder if it'll be similar to when she died and she goes on a drunk reminiscing session.

I could also see her getting some panel time in Nightcrawler to deal with her reaction. It IS Claremont.

That's what I'd like to see.

Does anyone here read Uncanny Avengers? I just found out that Psylocke and Magistrate Braddock make appearances, and I have no idea about what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmangoseed View Post
    Does anyone here read Uncanny Avengers? I just found out that Psylocke and Magistrate Braddock make appearances, and I have no idea about what's going on.
    They show up in the Planet-X arc. Part of the story is set some 7 years into the future where a mutant-only society has been formed on a different planet, and Psylocke is on the ruling council along with several other X-Men. Magistrate Braddock is one of several characters recruited by Kang the Conqueror from various timelines to serve as his personal troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    OMG Blu Berri - Your new avi is great and so brilliantly obscure - Hotel Dusk and Mila FTW! Such an awesome, underappreciated game - just proves Psylocke fans have great taste in all things.
    Haha, thank you. I luuuuuv Hotel Dusk/Last Window. I was actually debating on using an avi of Kyle Hyde but I thought this animation of Mila was too gorgeous to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmangoseed View Post
    When it comes to Wolverine/Betsy, I usually think of them as sibling-esque. But then there's that Remender issue in Final Execution, where future Magistrate Braddock refers to her "true love" and then later makes out with Wolverine. Plus, there also that moment when future Wolverine says to current Wolverine, "I won't let her die. You know how I feel about her," or smth smth to that effect.

So whether or not there's some secret burning romantic love going on there, and even despite Logan's threats, I'm confident that they do feel deeply for each other. Psylocke and Wolverine really do have a special connection.

When he dies, as much as I don't want to get my hopes up, I would really love to see the writers flesh out how it affects her.
    Oh heehee, what I meant by "special connection" was that connection that they had after she plunged her Psyblade into his head which freed her from The Hand's control. That connection allowed her to communicate with the ghosts of his unraveling mind and receive a precongnitive flash of his torture. It was referenced in her mini too.
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 08-23-2014 at 02:39 AM.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Lol I knew what you were referring to. I just considered the possibility of some secret romantic feelings ON TOP of their actual psychic connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    They show up in the Planet-X arc. Part of the story is set some 7 years into the future where a mutant-only society has been formed on a different planet, and Psylocke is on the ruling council along with several other X-Men. Magistrate Braddock is one of several characters recruited by Kang the Conqueror from various timelines to serve as his personal troops.
    Thanks Bafflement!

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Psylocke x Wolverine is just as gross as Kitty x Wolverine or Jubilee x Wolverine or Rogue x Wolverine. The only X-Men that work with Logan in that regard are Storm, Kurt & Cyclops. Jean only works so long as it's strictly flirting.

Damn, give Psylocke some dignity, Remender.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Hay, guuurrrrl. I didn't know you were a Betsy fan.

I'm all for Logurt, but secretly Sabrevine is my favorite Wolverine pairing, especially once AOL Sabes showed up. Lol, passing that phallic sword was enough ground for me to ship.

/problems >_>

Anyway, now that Dazzler is in an official X-team, I'm hoping during the next X-title crossover Betsy and Ali get a BFF moment together - Dazz really needs someone atm. I've been doodling some cute fanart of them together.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Hay, guuurrrrl. I didn't know you were a Betsy fan.

I'm all for Logurt, but secretly Sabrevine is my favorite Wolverine pairing, especially once AOL Sabes showed up. Lol, passing that phallic sword was enough ground for me to ship.

/problems >_>

Anyway, now that Dazzler is in an official X-team, I'm hoping during the next X-title crossover Betsy and Ali get a BFF moment together - Dazz really needs someone atm. I've been doodling some cute fanart of them together.
    There needs to be a "fun" team. I know the X-men are meant to be the soap opera of the MU, but I really think there should be a book that isn't all doom and gloom and is actually written well (I say this to knock Amazing out of contention for this). Put Betsy, Ali, Kurt, restored non-mopey Warren, Bobby, and whoever else and let them go be superheroes. I wouldn't mind reading something upbeat for once.

Ultimate Member

They won't let there be a fun team while Marvel is pushing Scott and his darker decisions and making the tough choices, then there's X-Force...dark as well, X-Factor doesn't really have any bearing on any other book. And from the previews of what is to come things aren't likely to get any sunnier anytime soon, perhaps once Axis vs Avengers is over everything could be different and for the better.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Dazzler and Betsy talking anytime soon, the X-Force team looks to be on their own for the next several issues at the very least...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JL81790 View Post
    There needs to be a "fun" team. I know the X-men are meant to be the soap opera of the MU, but I really think there should be a book that isn't all doom and gloom and is actually written well (I say this to knock Amazing out of contention for this). Put Betsy, Ali, Kurt, restored non-mopey Warren, Bobby, and whoever else and let them go be superheroes. I wouldn't mind reading something upbeat for once.
    I was hoping for the more Excalibur vibe from Nightcrawler, which it is so far. I just hope it doesn't derail into GRIM DARK GRITTY,DEATH<DEATH Murder murder kill pew pew. I hope Betsy can be supporting cast. I need Psylocke to be fun and have silly adventures with her comrade swordsman in arms.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Logan never threaten her.
    I know he sprung his claws on her for just questioning him when the new X-Force team was forming, I myself would see that as a threat but hey, maybe Betsy didn't. But then even Betsy said "What are you gonna do Logan, kill me?" and took a defensive fighting stance. I could have read that wrong I suppose but then I cant really tell the difference between a simple misunderstanding with Logan and the kind of attack he did towards Kurt in Nightcrawler number 1. I can just chalk this up to bad writing and leave it at that. And I suppose I shouldn't assume a character would view a threat the same way I would since the X-Men are probably used to his "antics." Anyway, This is the Psylocke thread and I don't want to get into a debate about Wolverine.

I was hoping for the more Excalibur vibe from Nightcrawler, which it is so far. I just hope it doesn't derail into GRIM DARK GRITTY,DEATH<DEATH Murder murder kill pew pew. I hope Betsy can be supporting cast. I need Psylocke to be fun and have silly adventures with her comrade swordsman in arms.
    I would love to see this too. I like the idea of these two being swashbucklers together. I'd love her to just sit down and have a beer/drink with Kurt and talk too.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-23-2014 at 10:44 PM.