Page 68 of 820 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 12295
    BANNED

I enjoyed the Humphries run. It's definitely the Michael Bay to Spurrier's Cohen bros. though.

Also Psylocke's new costume is more a uniform than a costume, and I'm okay with that.

BANNED

Even though I stopped buying Bumphries run, Alphona issues made it worth it. I wish he had the whole series. I think the Revenant finale would have been great under that pen.

I enjoyed Humphries run too. But I also saw as a natural progression than other people(self destructive behavior and horrible rebound relationship after all the trauma of RR's run). I wish Perez would have been able to finish the Revenant story. I think Alphona was great for the fantasy and whimsy of the astral plane/Fanto story but Perez's grit really sold the horror of the Revenants.

Alphona would be great for an Otherworld tale.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-28-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not unpleasant, just honest, there's plenty that I'd love to see but I don't expect it to happen, I could have said that your idea was stupid or crazy or something like that, I only said that it wasn't likely to happen, and didn't mention Fantomex at all, but when Marvel is pushing a character who's own mini series bombed big time into book where he's only there because of editorial mandate...and I'm far from the only one that wants Warren back, and last I checked Warren has been the last good relationship that she's been in over the past like 15 years.
    Unpleasent is too nice of a word. You are insufferable.......

I am so beyond tired of seeing the same old negative statements from you. griping about the same old thing again and again....... Is your goal to ruin the mood of this thread? If so, bravo. mission accomplished.......

Even if Humphries's run was absolutely intolerable, I'd have bought it because I buy everything with 616 Psylocke, even if it's a single panel. XD... She and Huntress are the only ones I do that for, they get my top tier love.

Also Psy, I normally would not suggest this but if you feel certain people are too frustrating to converse with, might I suggest the "ignore" option? Especially if you think certain people are bringing conversations to abrupt end and are preventing you from wanting to discuss anything because I'd love to hear your opinions. In that spirit, what has been your favorite recent Betsy moments? Whom do you think draws Betsy best? Which writer do you think captures Betsy's character best?

Cheers! :>
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Even if Humphries's run was absolutely intolerable, I'd have bought it because I buy everything with 616 Psylocke, even if it's a single panel. XD... She and Huntress are the only ones I do that for, they get my top tier love.

Also Psy, I normally would not suggest this but if you feel certain people are too frustrating to converse with, might I suggest the "ignore" option? Especially if you think certain people are bringing conversations to abrupt end and are preventing you from wanting to discuss anything because I'd love to hear your opinions. In that spirit, what has been your favorite recent Betsy moments? Whom do you think draws Betsy best? Which writer do you think captures Betsy's character best?

You sound like me. Over the weekend we had a small comic convention in Raleigh, and I was going through the 25 cent boxes, I found a Marvel age from the 80's with a small Psylocke head on the upper corner. It was just her head drawn by Steve Lightle, and I loved her expression on it. Lol.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Unpleasent is too nice of a word. You are insufferable.......

I am so beyond tired of seeing the same old negative statements from you. griping about the same old thing again and again....... Is your goal to ruin the mood of this thread? If so, bravo. mission accomplished.......
    And yet I see the same old statements of people here loving every possible pairing and idea for Betsy no matter how absurd or out of the blue, I don't try to ruin anything, only bring the thread out of the clouds, sure the thread is for fans of Betsy but things have to be tempered a bit. And I'm not one to attack anyone personally, I've never called anyone unpleasant or insufferable no matter how much I disagree with them.

As for who draws her best...always did like the Kubert version of her, just wish that Churchill could have drawn her...

No shade Logan, but you don't have to temper anyone but your dang self. If people rave about random pairings for Betsy they have just as much right to do so as you do the way you push your Warren/Betsy agenda every post you get. They don't need to "attack you" but they can say whatever about Betsy without you feeling the need to jump in with "this only happened cause a writer wanted it to happen" which could be said for every thing you mention. It's okay to joke around and have some fun.

I honestly think Humphries run gets a bad rep cause of the Fanto stuff. His Betsy was really confident and sure of herself. She was going through some post traumatic melodrama, who doesn't every now and again, but the way she stood up to Logan and called the shots during the nitty gritty really captured the essence of Betsy to me. Survivor mutant savior Queen. Like, folks were totally here for emotional breakdown Psylocke that Remender gave us every couple of issues but when she lost her temper and wanted to shoot Fantomex, a man who she convinced herself she cared sbout, for betraying her she was acting like a child?
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-28-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

My problem is that if people were going to say that it was always the idea on Angel for Cordelia and Conner to become a couple, have sex and Cordy get pregnant with his kid because that was what made it to air rather than that only happening because Charisma Carpenter got pregnant in real life, the random pairings thing gets me because people try to back it up and support it and try to make it sound like more than it'll ever be and that I have to respect the pairing or deal with it, then when those same posters are talking about W/B all they can say is that it's dead and over with and will never happen again, I've seen plenty of that, and yet we all know that it's not true, just like as much as I HATE Scott/Jean I know that they'll be back together again someday.. Humphries got things wrong about how the previous version of X-Force ended for starters, then he seemed to think it cool for everyone to curse out of place, the whole thing with Fantomex and Cluster was seemingly done for shock value, to push those characters, and to make the team more diverse, for the last several years Betsy has been in a holding pattern and is basically doing nothing of any importance in the bigger X-picture, and I'd rather that change. I just don't see it changing while she's in X-Force.

BANNED

Logan I think what people are basically saying is. Move BEYOND Angel and Psylocke. Find something about now that you like, and discuss that. Literally 90% of your posts are their relationship. Move beyond it. You already have a thread about Psylocke and Angel. Discuss it there. HERE bring something new. Don't temper anybody, we wanna have fun discussing her. You can temper all you want in the thread you created. It's YOURS! HERE, let people be. Don't be a Debbie Downer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Logan I think what people are basically saying is. Move BEYOND Angel and Psylocke. Find something about now that you like, and discuss that. Literally 90% of your posts are their relationship. Move beyond it. You already have a thread about Psylocke and Angel. Discuss it there. HERE bring something new. Don't temper anybody, we wanna have fun discussing her. You can temper all you want in the thread you created. It's YOURS! HERE, let people be. Don't be a Debbie Downer.
    Me likey. What do you all think of the crazy inside of her? I am not sure how I feel about it. I like that she enjoys going stabby stab but how would you all like to see her develop?

o
    Last edited by Omegastorm; 08-28-2014 at 06:16 PM.

People like discussing different pairings for characters, because comics are a medium that is always evolving. People like seeing how different pairs will interact. If nothing ever changed, things would grow stale. At some point you have to give up on things from the past and embrace change. I wasn't to happy with Scott/Emma at the start, but they've kinda grown on me and I like their dynamic. Just give things a chance. Some point Betsy and Warren might get back together or they won't. Don't expand so much energy feeling down about it - embrace change.

OR

You're lucky Logan - there is tons of awesome Angel/Psylocke fan fiction out there - embrace fan works.

(Jubes fans have and at this point, fan canon for many of us, is just as important as the Marvel one.)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-28-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post

Thank you, I hate to be a jerk or too forth coming. Yet it's to the point where I can't even enjoy this thread. It use to be fun and respectful. People enjoyed each other's opinions. Instead of cynical and coy put downs about anything that isn't the same as your opinion.

So I apologize. I will steer back on a happier course.

Favorite Betsy moments. So many to choose from. Her best for me is UXF by Rick Remender. She was completely fleshed out and not the action junkie who took the first dive. Smart, and deadly and breaking at the emotional seems. It was some amazing stuff. Her besting Sabretooth and joining the x-men. The many times she's taken control of the Blob and embarrassed him. Her desire to kill Havok when he discovered they were still alive. I mean so freaking many.

She's been really amazing under Ckaremont, Remender, I loved Mike Carey's take on her in breaking into comics. Humprhies was decent but a bit too wacky for my taste. I am truly enjoying her under Spurrier at the moment. He really gets her and the struggle it is to be her. It's been manipulation, after heartbreak, and body transformations, to hopping through dimensions and never truly grieving. Killing, in my humble opinion, keeps her sane.

I love Opena, and I can't recall the guy who drew that Psylocke mini. Where she killed Slaymaster? Sword of the Braddocks maybe? She was really pretty there. I am still a Joe Madureira and Chris Bachelo fan too. I grew up on them. So a bit biased.

How about you and everyone else. What draws you to Betsy? Who gets her as a writer or artist? And your favorite Psylocke moments...?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    People like discussing different pairings for characters, because comics are a medium that is always evolving. People like seeing how different pairs will interact. If nothing ever changed, things would grow stale. At some point you have to give up on things from the past and embrace change. I wasn't to happy with Scott/Emma at the start, but they've kinda grown on me and I like their dynamic. Just give things a chance. Some point Betsy and Warren might get back together or they won't. Don't expand so much energy feeling down about it - embrace change.

OR

You're lucky Logan - there is tons of awesome Angel/Psylocke fan fiction out there - embrace fan works.

(Jubes fans have and at this point, fan canon for many of us, is just as important as the Marvel one.)
    One of the biggest lies of all time is that "change is good", change is something different...good or bad is all up to the reader/viewer or whatever, I'm not saying change nothing, there's plenty to do with a quality relationship between two great characters. I bring her relationship with Warren up when people jump at the chance of any new relationship, but remember this is the comics world, things from the past are only gone if the writers and editors and such want them to be, no character is truly gone forever and no real pairing truly done in that respect, I viewed her time with Warren as Betsy being written better than much of her time without him lately, lately she's been used to help give a secondary character a boost in her relationships, from Neal to Fantomex, and now she's been stuck in the same storyline that she's been in for the last several years, yet there's been no real growth of her to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    One of the biggest lies of all time is that "change is good", change is something different...good or bad is all up to the reader/viewer or whatever, I'm not saying change nothing, there's plenty to do with a quality relationship between two great characters. I bring her relationship with Warren up when people jump at the chance of any new relationship, but remember this is the comics world, things from the past are only gone if the writers and editors and such want them to be, no character is truly gone forever and no real pairing truly done in that respect, I viewed her time with Warren as Betsy being written better than much of her time without him lately, lately she's been used to help give a secondary character a boost in her relationships, from Neal to Fantomex, and now she's been stuck in the same storyline that she's been in for the last several years, yet there's been no real growth of her to speak of.
    I totally get where you're coming from - I know how it feels to have your favourite character totally ignored or misused just for a plot point (*cough* vamp*cough* Jubes...). All I'm saying is you don't have to accept it, but spending all you time being gloomy about it - isn't good for you either. Betsy and Warren might get back together in the future, but till then, find other ways to celebrate your love of the pairing and your favourite Psylocke moments - through fan-art, cosplay, gaming or fan fiction.

It's clear you're passionate about these characters - don't let Marvel get you down.