Page 702 of 820 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712752802 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    True. Writers don't have time to build stories the way they used to. It makes it harder to screw things up, I suppose, but I can't help wondering what we're missing.
    Claremont’s endgame for Psylocke?

Do you think he had endgame in mind for any of them?

True. Writers don't have time to build stories the way they used to. It makes it harder to screw things up, I suppose, but I can't help wondering what we're missing.
    That is a good question. I wouldn't mind if some writers get 4 years or so to write certain things and have a group of people on other books driving a creative direction. Of course this could also backfire. I do wonder about numerous what ifs.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its hard to do so when the average run on a book is about a year, maybe 2 if lucky
    Which to me only further proves to suggest that those expecting some big and protracted storyline about Betsy adjusting to her new body might be counting their chickens before they're hatched and be in for a big letdown...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I would agree that the change would be permanent if it wasn’t for the fact that comics are heavily influenced by other media. If Betsy appears in another show of movie, I’m 99% sure they’ll cast an Asian actress which will put pressure on the comics to make her Asian.
    As for how she’s drawn, I feel the greater issue is that female characters are often indiscernible from each other in the face. Storm, for example, is often drawn with primarily Caucasian features despite the fact that she’s obviously not supposed to be white.

I think bringing Kwannon back as a telepathic ninja is only going to hurt things for Betsy. Unless they give her a major makeover, Kwannon now looks more like the iconic Psylocke (complete with a psychic knife) than Betsy herself does.
    That's the point. Marvel deliberately now has a legitimate Asian telepathic ninja instead of a pretender. So there's absolutely no reason for a film, even a hit film to change Psylocke back to Asian because they have Kwannon in the comics.

Psylocke/Betsy Braddock can go back to Captain Britain stories.

Besides just because it's on film doesn't mean that the comics have to follow to the letter. Just look at Ant-Man, Ant man's daughter is completely different from the one we got and not to mention Janet has a much better presence than hank. Not to mention Ultron is different to what he originally is here.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Which to me only further proves to suggest that those expecting some big and protracted storyline about Betsy adjusting to her new body might be counting their chickens before they're hatched and be in for a big letdown...
    I do t think any or well most are expecting this to be handled in an ongoing. A mini would suffice

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That's the point. Marvel deliberately now has a legitimate Asian telepathic ninja instead of a pretender. So there's absolutely no reason for a film, even a hit film to change Psylocke back to Asian because they have Kwannon in the comics.

Psylocke/Betsy Braddock can go back to Captain Britain stories.
    I wouldn’t think anyone is going to suddenly become a Kwannon super fan because she looks more the like iconic Psylocke, but I’ve already seen some fans suggest that Kwannon get the code name Psylocke, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Besides just because it's on film doesn't mean that the comics have to follow to the letter. Just look at Ant-Man, Ant man's daughter is completely different from the one we got and not to mention Janet has a much better presence than hank. Not to mention Ultron is different to what he originally is here.
    I’m not saying they always have to follow exactly, but sometimes they make changes to the comics to mimic the films. That’s why Daisy Johnson is Asian now and Hank Pym suddenly has a daughter with the last name “van Dyne”.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Claremont’s endgame for Psylocke?

Do you think he had endgame in mind for any of them?
    I was actually referring to modern writers, but I'd be surprised if Claremont didn't have some endings in mind, even if he never intended to get to them. As for Betsy in particular, didn't he say at one point that the Asian body was supposed to be temporary? That suggests that he had something planned for her continued growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That is a good question. I wouldn't mind if some writers get 4 years or so to write certain things and have a group of people on other books driving a creative direction. Of course this could also backfire. I do wonder about numerous what ifs.
    Yeah, it's all writer dependant. I certainly wouldn't want Guggenheim to get 4 years.

I was actually referring to modern writers, but I'd be surprised if Claremont didn't have some endings in mind, even if he never intended to get to them. As for Betsy in particular, didn't he say at one point that the Asian body was supposed to be temporary? That suggests that he had something planned for her continued growth.
    Yeah I’ve read the interview. The Hand used magic to make her Asian; Wolverine was supposed to break the spell; Jim Lee drew her too hot so they kept it... and then Claremont gets canned. Enter Nicieza who makes everything worse by trying to do better.

As others have said, the ninjafication of Psylocke was absolutely a translation of her heart’s desire... so becoming adept at melee combat would of stayed. Her tenure with Xavier’s was all about becoming a better fighter as opposed to a better mutant, so once that was achieved, where does she go? Had Claremont been able to break the spell, would combatBetsy have stayed at the mansion and circled the drain looking for fights? Or would she have gone back and taken the Cap Britain role from her brother?

Ultimate Member

Betsy should keep the Psylocke name, and so far we don't know exactly what powers Kwannon has truly...not an ongoing Havok but just that her story with the change would unfold in an ongoing book, whether she was the main character or not, that there's a longterm storyline about it that they'd have for her, that I'm not sure that Marvel thought that far ahead for her, as not sure how outside of stories about the change the change affects Betsy in that the writer that made the change said that they were running out of stories to tell about Betsy outside of making the change...

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Had Claremont been able to break the spell, would combatants have stayed at the mansion and circled the drain looking for fights? Or would she have gone back and taken the Cap Britain role from her brother?
    Maybe she would have been transferred to Excalibur. I don't know what plans Claremont had before he dropped off from Marvel. X-Men Forever as people have mentioned is a completely different beast.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

What sort of role did Betsy end up having in X-Men Forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

by
    Luciano Vecchio
    The costume looks great here.

Ultimate Member

It looks better in that pic then in anything of it that I've seen so far I'll say that...though she still doesn't look right to me...

That X-women shot looks amazing! I love that Emma and Betsy are next to each other. I've always wanted interaction between them. It just rarely ever happened unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It looks better in that pic then in anything of it that I've seen so far I'll say that...though she still doesn't look right to me...
    Agreed on the first part of your post. Disagree with the second part.

Dang Logan I almost couldn't believe your post was turning out positive...and then you tricked me lol