Page 707 of 820 FirstFirst ... 207607657697703704705706707708709710711717757807 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 12295
    Ultimate Member

If it doesn't really need to make sense then the original body melding was fine way back when...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's a different thing, though. The original body swap/melding or whatever you want to call it complicated who Psylocke was for creators and fans alike because they were unaware of her overall history, or just didn't care and saw diversity points. This one rectifies that.

Now can we please move on? Please?

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

How familiar is this thread with 1980s Betsy? Do you want her to basically return to that?

That's why I asked if she retains her memories and everything throughout the 90s and 00s. Because she became different, more "addicted to battle" etc, struggling with that side of herself and so on. So she won't be the same British Betsy she used to be pre Asian.

Do you think she could or should build a friendship (or more) with Doug Ramsey for example? Thoughts on her and Fantomex?

Where do you see Psylocke, is she more "anti hero" or solidly mainstream?

Should she go back to covering herself up in armor and robes like in the 80s? Or a synthesis between her (in)famous 90s bikini and that?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing about them really dictates that they need to be twins. They can be half siblings or adopted siblings

Being Fox owned means nothing. That argument falls apart when they brought back Negasonic and made her exactly like the movie counterpart from Deadpool so yea if they wanted to introduce a black Domino, they would have. I guess it could go either way with Betsy but I don’t see Cebulski reversing this given the backstage controversies at play
    Except the Psychic Link they had due to being twins. Just saying.

Making her Japanese in the films to appease the video gamers serves who? Her Iconic look is only iconic to some of us. Again you put her up against Jubilees, and who do you think is the more popular?
    Seriously why does she need to be altered again in the films? They could make her the Psylocke in the films, as the white woman, and just have another important Japanese or Chinese woman in the Captain Britain and Black Knight film, who happens to be from Englad?

I'd go so far as to say, people just wanna see her back in the Jim Lee thing, rather than her being Japanese.
    Whats more popular, seriously? Her or the costume?

Since you guys want to see Elizabeth wielding different swords. I would love it if writers took some inspiration from HEMA.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That is a good question. I wouldn't mind if some writers get 4 years or so to write certain things and have a group of people on other books driving a creative direction. Of course this could also backfire. I do wonder about numerous what ifs.
    I miss the days of single long-term writers. I wish they had a two-year contract per book. It would seem to make more use of each character's arc and personality. That way, the "Popular" characters don't always get the shine.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Claremont’s endgame for Psylocke?

Do you think he had endgame in mind for any of them?
    For Psylocke yes she was on the warrior and Leaders path, just not as a ninja. /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I don't think they've had a long term game plan for anyone since Claremont left.
    All the this.

Some of you just need to take a step back and really think about it. Like all the angles when it comes to story and artist interpretation.

So it's canon now that she's back in her original body? Yes. We can all agree on that. Some of you seem to be stuck on the visual aspect of Jim Lee Psylocke and the ninja ness of her. Which I get trust me I do. And I have always been one that likes both bodies.

And you guys/gals really need to acknowledge that artist were so inconsistent with her look that it doesn't even matter that she is in her original body. Artist are still going to draw her as Psylocke. And all of sudden you guys want stories that delve into what its like to be in another persons body, how she is affected by her outward appearance, and her being more in touch with the Asian culture. What?! Where was this all in the 90's and 00's.

Im actually super taken aback that you want her to be Asian so much that you want to retcon her entire origin just to stay Asian. Which would be so dumb in my opinion. Hey Marvel how bout create an awesome Asian character. You want to lose the twin aspect that she has with Brian. And some of you want her to give up her codename. Like WTF?!

I feel like Psylocke is not a character to you.

They can literally just draw her in the Jim Lee costume and she would still be Psylocke just in her original body.

Just because she's not Asian anymore you want to give all her traits to Kwannon? Why?

The character Psylocke is still there. All the canon and continuity is still in the body that she created for herself.

What we need to start really looking at this as is she is now basically the amalgamation of everything we liked from the 80's and 90's of Betsy Braddock.

Tell me why that is bad.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-10-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's a different thing, though. The original body swap/melding or whatever you want to call it complicated who Psylocke was for creators and fans alike because they were unaware of her overall history, or just didn't care and saw diversity points. This one rectifies that.

Now can we please move on? Please?

Well she was Asian and some didn't move on, so no it'll keep coming up...

No nothing with Doug or Fantomex, which the latter only exists in the tp verse right now and that's where he should stay and be left there...

She shouldn't use the armor, it'd be like regressing 30 some years...she's not an anti hero, just a harder edged hero...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Except the Psychic Link they had due to being twins. Just saying.

Making her Japanese in the films to appease the video gamers serves who? Her Iconic look is only iconic to some of us. Again you put her up against Jubilees, and who do you think is the more popular?
    Seriously why does she need to be altered again in the films? They could make her the Psylocke in the films, as the white woman, and just have another important Japanese or Chinese woman in the Captain Britain and Black Knight film, who happens to be from Englad?

I'd go so far as to say, people just wanna see her back in the Jim Lee thing, rather than her being Japanese.
    Whats more popular, seriously? Her or the costume?
    And how often does that ever come into play? They dont need to be twins for that to even be in the movies not that it matters as its something thats rarely been used in Psylocke's stories in the books

Well thats kind of what everyone wants now right? Real Psylocke stories.

It was convoluted. Why switch the minds into different bodies if only to meld them after? What did the magic and genetic tampering add? That made no sense. The text says one they were indistinguishable from each other, yet they were drawn differently and one clearly looked Asian and the other Caucasian. The story was not easy to follow and was a retcon that was further retconned as it was being told. The plotline didnt even make much sense and the addition of Kwannon and Nyoirin unnecesarily made things more complex than it needed to be. Outside of one throwaway line about Kwannon being an empath, that wasnt a use of her power that we saw hr or Betsy use during that story. Nicieza scrambled to try and make sense of things but it was a convoluted mess. Kwannon was a waste of a character that added nothing to Betsy but baggage which she's carried to this day
    Spiral convoluted everything because Spiral is a twisted character. It was like a game to her, for others to find out who was Betsy and who was Kwannon.

As for Kwannon's original stated ability. She was an empath, sometimes displaying low level telepathic abilities. Kwannon's empathy was also used during that storyline. It was revealed that she subconsciously caused the X-men to be a little more aggressive because she wasn't used to having that much power due to the meld.

Whenever she and Betsy would confront each other Psylocke would get the worst of it. Wolverine stuck his two claws at her, pinning her to the wall threatening to pop his third (with Betsy clearly pissed with little droplets forming in her eyes). Another instance had Gambit hitting her over the head with a bo staff after Kwannon instigated things. So Betsy got the worst of it while no one ever laid a hand on Kwannon or treated her the way they treated Betsy.

And how often does that ever come into play? They dont need to be twins for that to even be in the movies not that it matters as its something thats rarely been used in Psylocke's stories in the books
    Pretty much. I mean, the fact that Sue and Johnny are blood siblings in the comics didn't stop Fox from creating a version of them where the two weren't even related and only siblings due to Sue being adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Pretty much. I mean, the fact that Sue and Johnny are blood siblings in the comics didn't stop Fox from creating a version of them where the two weren't even related and only siblings due to Sue being adopted.
    To me thats not a good example as Fox compltely ruined the dynamic between Sue and Johnny by not making them blood siblings. They didnt come across as siblings, let alone characters that grew up and cared for each other. They had zero chemistry and their relationship is core to giving the FF, the family backbone that its known for. That film, completely mishandled that dynamic.

With that said, Brian and Betsy being twins nowhere near as integral to the X-franchise as The Storm's relation is to the FF

Ultimate Member

Well that FF movie didn't really bad if memory serves so going forward Marvel will probably just act like it never happened...as for Betsy and Brian, much of the time it's not even mentioned so I don't expect it to change much now either...