Page 708 of 820 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718758808 ... LastLast
Results 10,606 to 10,620 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    SQUEEEE, Brian and Betsy!!!! Please let this be true.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

So for those who are interested in "Ninjas"
    Hopefully, we get something decent for Kwannon. Also, Betsy can continue to be a "Ninja". Those things don't go away just because the body isn't the same. Knowledge doesn't disappear just like that. Her deception and information gathering game is great. It will be interesting having that combine with her physical combat traits.

Last edited by Izanami; 09-10-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if Sapphire Styx is somehow related to Selene? Maybe they’re from a similar tribe, or coven. Maybe she could help revitalize the Hellfire Club with Selene, and a few other faces.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if Sapphire Styx is somehow related to Selene? Maybe they’re from a similar tribe, or coven. Maybe she could help revitalize the Hellfire Club with Selene, and a few other faces.
    Styx seems to be dead. With that said, she seems very different from Selene so I don't think they are related. But who knows what a later writer could do.

As for Psylocke in the films, she never had an origin story so going forward she can be just Kwannon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some of you just need to take a step back and really think about it. Like all the angles when it comes to story and artist interpretation.

So it's canon now that she's back in her original body? Yes. We can all agree on that. Some of you seem to be stuck on the visual aspect of Jim Lee Psylocke and the ninja ness of her. Which I get trust me I do. And I have always been one that likes both bodies.

And you guys/gals really need to acknowledge that artist were so inconsistent with her look that it doesn't even matter that she is in her original body. Artist are still going to draw her as Psylocke. And all of sudden you guys want stories that delve into what its like to be in another persons body, how she is affected by her outward appearance, and her being more in touch with the Asian culture. What?! Where was this all in the 90's and 00's.

Im actually super taken aback that you want her to be Asian so much that you want to retcon her entire origin just to stay Asian. Which would be so dumb in my opinion. Hey Marvel how bout create an awesome Asian character. You want to lose the twin aspect that she has with Brian. And some of you want her to give up her codename. Like WTF?!

I feel like Psylocke is not a character to you.

They can literally just draw her in the Jim Lee costume and she would still be Psylocke just in her original body.

Just because she's not Asian anymore you want to give all her traits to Kwannon? Why?

The character Psylocke is still there. All the canon and continuity is still in the body that she created for herself.

What we need to start really looking at this as is she is now basically the amalgamation of everything we liked from the 80's and 90's of Betsy Braddock.

Tell me why that is bad.
    Agreed. It's the look, not the character some love. Mainly the Tropes, not the woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And how often does that ever come into play? They dont need to be twins for that to even be in the movies not that it matters as its something thats rarely been used in Psylocke's stories in the books
    Before the mid 2000's it came into play frequently. But after they turned her into that dumb action junkie people seemed to like not as frequent until Remender.

Also about her Armour. Warriors wear Armour to protect themselves. The entire Bat family does, Daredevil, the black knight, Captain America, etc. Why is ok those guys can, but not her?

She just has to always be sexy? You can be sexy in a form fitting suit that offers protection. Magneto especially costume is Armour.
    It's comics Storms bikinis are Armour.

Why can't Psylocke wear something protective without it being seen as regression? I wore armor in the military. Just not comic style armor. Hell almost everyone in DC has a costume like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Pretty much. I mean, the fact that Sue and Johnny are blood siblings in the comics didn't stop Fox from creating a version of them where the two weren't even related and only siblings due to Sue being adopted.
    Which was dumb. You can be blood related and be different ethnicities. But why must she go back to being Asian? Who are we trying appease by altering her history in the 616 so much?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    So for those who are interested in "Ninjas"
    Hopefully, we get something decent for Kwannon. Also, Betsy can continue to be a "Ninja". Those things don't go away just because the body isn't the same. Knowledge doesn't disappear just like that. Her deception and information gathering game is great. It will be interesting having that combine with her physical combat traits.

Many just liked that half nekkid costume and the anime/video game inspired idea of her as a body ninja. Without realizing what non Hollywood Ninja truly were.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    SQUEEEE, Brian and Betsy!!!! Please let this be true.
    Ii would be interesting if she gets introduced first in this rather then in an X-Movie. Who could play her on the big screen now that she's British again? I always thought Olivia Wild could be an amazing Betsy.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Before the mid 2000's it came into play frequently. But after they turned her into that dumb action junkie people seemed to like not as frequent until Remender.

Also about her Armour. Warriors wear Armour to protect themselves. The entire Bat family does, Daredevil, the black knight, Captain America, etc. Why is ok those guys can, but not her?

She just has to always be sexy? You can be sexy in a form fitting suit that offers protection. Magneto especially costume is Armour.
    It's comics Storms bikinis are Armour.

Why can't Psylocke wear something protective without it being seen as regression? I wore armor in the military. Just not comic style armor. Hell almost everyone in DC has a costume like that.
    IDA. Psylocke and Brian barely interacted throughout the 90s. Her storylines with the X-men didnt intersect much with him. Her appearances in Excalibur were also few and far between

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

And then Excalibur ended and Brian was in and out of Limbo.

Also there are plenty male heroes who fight without armour but I don't want to spam the thread with pics of Namor, Tarzan, Hercules and Ka-Zar. So if female heroes want to fight with their skin exposed it's okay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And then Excalibur ended and Brian was in and out of Limbo.

Also there are plenty male heroes who fight without armour but I don't want to spam the thread with pics of Namor, Tarzan, Hercules and Ka-Zar. So if female heroes want to fight with their skin exposed it's okay.
    I agreed, But to call it regression because she does wear it, How does that make sense?

Also, Namor and Hercules own skin IS their armor, so that's a moot point. Tarzan and Kazar live in hot Jungle Climates where speed, agility, and strength are of importance. But sometimes even when Kazar takes a jawbone, he's out lol.
    I get your point, but it's like females should be exempt from protection is ridiculous. It' still their choice yes, but really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Which was dumb. You can be blood related and be different ethnicities. But why must she go back to being Asian? Who are we trying appease by altering her history in the 616 so much?
    Status quo and retcons are the nature of long running comics for better or for worse and her in her Asian state is her at her most iconic. Personally speaking, I find that a mix of the Asian and original to be the best compromise to both sides.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The "skin is their armour" defence is also moot since other heroes with the same ability cover up and The Phantom operates in the same tropical environments and covers up. So their fashion choice is their choice.

Psylocke's telekinesis counts as her armour so she really doesn't need to go 90s Daredevil. If she wants her costume to show skin, let her.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Ii would be interesting if she gets introduced first in this rather then in an X-Movie. Who could play her on the big screen now that she's British again? I always thought Olivia Wild could be an amazing Betsy.
    Olivia Wilde, Kate Beckinsale, Anne Hathaway

Also, like Triniking pointed out, back when Claremont was writing her when she only had Telekinesis, she often used it to augment her striking strength and durability. As was seen in Xtreme Xmen when she was sparing with Rogue.

We get it, the ninja bathing suit was impractical. She's been covered up for a number of years now, I don't understand why we keep having this discussion about the amount of skin she's shown. The bathing suit was iconic, it's her most recognizable costume. So yes, in fan art and other depictions that's what she's probably going to be wearing.

However, now a days, she's pretty covered up, and has been.

Edit: I just wanted to add, I wouldn't mind her wearing armor again. In fact I'd find it really interesting for her to revisit some of the elements from the Australian Era. Wearing a lightweight armor, although a much better looking armor. I absolutely hated the Hood and pink/purple armor she wore during that era.

I'm still not sold on her current redesign, I think it has good ideas, but needs some tweaking.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 09-11-2018 at 08:20 AM. Reason: wanted to put my 2 cents about armor
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion