Page 709 of 820 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713719759809 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 12295
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Honestly, the bathing suit never bothered me and I thought she looked cool. However, in this day and age female character need to wear pants, so I thought her latest look during Bunn’s run was a nice compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Status quo and retcons are the nature of long running comics for better or for worse and her in her Asian state is her at her most iconic. Personally speaking, I find that a mix of the Asian and original to be the best compromise to both sides.
    Agreed.

Speaking of the bathing suit,nobody's,not even Jim Lee's,rendition can outlast the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 look,IMO.
    Psylocke.jpg
    Last edited by Selene; 09-11-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Speaking of the bathing suit,nobody's,not even Jim Lee's,rendition can outlast the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 one,IMO.
    Psylocke.jpg
    Larocca's X-treme look did for me

^I might agree,if we're talking strictly about her torso.I really miss that gorgeous ponytail resting on those toned muscles.But those awkward garter straps on her thighs kind of looked cheap to me.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Speaking of the bathing suit,nobody's,not even Jim Lee's,rendition can outlast the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 look,IMO.
    Psylocke.jpg
    I still play that game! Psylocke was almost always on my team...and always in that costume.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Psylocke.jpg
    Psylocke looked GREAT in this game, though I might have preferred her House of M look. I think that everyone's classic costumes probably had their best looks here. Like the Phoenix suit? Ugh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Ii would be interesting if she gets introduced first in this rather then in an X-Movie. Who could play her on the big screen now that she's British again? I always thought Olivia Wild could be an amazing Betsy.
    I've always wanted Gemma Arterton as Betsy. I looove her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Larocca's X-treme look did for me
    Agreed. Larocca gave the bathing suit look the texture of a lightweight armor instead of thin fabric. I thought it was perfect.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Olivia Munn truly was the perfect look for Psylocke. She is racially ambigious and her look really worked. Unfortunately they didnt do her character justice

I agree that she is a perfect, physical representation of Eurasian Betsy. Hopefully, she gets a larger role in the next movie.

As for Larroca, man I loved his Psylocke SO much!!! It hurt that he only got to draw her for 4 issues!! I liked the look of the X-treme costume's texture and it was generally a good design, but she had finally worn pants during Revolution for the first time since Acts of Vengeance and I was a bit sad that she had to go back to wearing a thong. Storm too.

Olivia Munn truly was the perfect look for Psylocke. She is racially ambigious and her look really worked. Unfortunately they didnt do her character justice

Thought she looked great. Only thing I would have changed (this is all just nitpicky stuff): Getting rid of the boob window, she has enough skin exposed as is. Given a bit more texture to the body suit under the armored butterfly chest plate. Her hair, I would have gone pin-straight.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Arsar’s new costume design sketch for Psylocke’s new (old) look.

http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...esign.html?m=1

Given that she’s mixed, being half Asian and half Caucasian she really is perfect for portraying Psylocke. She’s what would be perfect for Psylocke’s appearance in having a mixture of features from both Asian and Caucasian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Many just liked that half nekkid costume and the anime/video game inspired idea of her as a body ninja. Without realizing what non Hollywood Ninja truly were.
    Same. I understand where the black suit came from since Kabuki unlike Noh has had an impact on certain perceptions of Japanese Culture. The video is a good start for learning about certain things. My only complain is that female ninjas are rare due to there being less information about them. So we don't get a complete story about their contributions. History tends to be unkind to females. Even today there is a negativity with women in certain quote, "male dominated roles" despite the fact that what is considered female and male has changed over time and is dependent on perceptions of society and culture. :/ This is a murky discussion with much complexity. So I will leave it at that.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some of you just need to take a step back and really think about it. Like all the angles when it comes to story and artist interpretation.

So it's canon now that she's back in her original body? Yes. We can all agree on that. Some of you seem to be stuck on the visual aspect of Jim Lee Psylocke and the ninja ness of her. Which I get trust me I do. And I have always been one that likes both bodies.

And you guys/gals really need to acknowledge that artist were so inconsistent with her look that it doesn't even matter that she is in her original body. Artist are still going to draw her as Psylocke. And all of sudden you guys want stories that delve into what its like to be in another persons body, how she is affected by her outward appearance, and her being more in touch with the Asian culture. What?! Where was this all in the 90's and 00's.

Im actually super taken aback that you want her to be Asian so much that you want to retcon her entire origin just to stay Asian. Which would be so dumb in my opinion. Hey Marvel how bout create an awesome Asian character. You want to lose the twin aspect that she has with Brian. And some of you want her to give up her codename. Like WTF?!

I feel like Psylocke is not a character to you.

They can literally just draw her in the Jim Lee costume and she would still be Psylocke just in her original body.

Just because she's not Asian anymore you want to give all her traits to Kwannon? Why?

The character Psylocke is still there. All the canon and continuity is still in the body that she created for herself.

What we need to start really looking at this as is she is now basically the amalgamation of everything we liked from the 80's and 90's of Betsy Braddock.

Tell me why that is bad.
    Yes <3<3<3 I’ve been a fan of Betsy’s since the Davis/Delano run, and am overwhelmed at this development. It’s been a long time coming. I really hope they do something with Kwannon that isn’t just the Psylocke Revenge Squad. She’s deserving of becoming her own fully realized character, and not just Psylocke’s leftovers.