Page 741 of 820 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745751791 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Asian Betsy was all about showing ass and thighs, but now OG Betsy is all about showing boobs?
    Kind of. The last costume that showed boob that I can recall Asian Psylocke wearing was the Lady Britain costume in UXF and before that, the Exiles costume and the blue and gold uniform.

All-New Member

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time posting!

I just saw a twitter user asking Jordan D. White about Psylocke’s TK and wether it was still considered Jean’s from the power swap or her own innate/developed power, and he replied with “I am pretty sure she is mostly telepathic now”

Now I am not sure if he means she’s still — like she has been since her return to 616 in the sisterhood arc — primarily a telepath with limited/specialized TK abilities or that she’s now solely a telepath with no TK after the latest body swap, but what do you guys think? Would you prefer her to return to being only a pure telepath, or would you rather she keeps her TK?

Personally, I wish she would keep the specialized TK but also would wish writers start being constant with it. I loved how it was utilized in the latest Uncanny and X-Force. I think it adds a layer of needed physicality to her, as long as it is uniquely and constantly utilized. Losing the TK might be a disadvantage since she doesn’t appear to be using a physical sword/Katana anymore so she will be lacking when it comes to physical offense, especially since her psychic blade has no physical properties when she is purely a telepath. Unless however they retcon her abilities so that despite being solely a telepath, she’s able to inflict physical damage through her psychic blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyblade View Post

I just saw a twitter user asking Jordan D. White about Psylocke’s TK and wether it was still considered Jean’s from the power swap or her own innate/developed power, and he replied with “I am pretty sure she is mostly telepathic now”

Now I am not sure if he means she’s still — like she has been since her return to 616 in the sisterhood arc — primarily a telepath with limited/specialized TK abilities or that she’s now solely a telepath with no TK after the latest body swap, but what do you guys think? Would you prefer her to return to being only a pure telepath, or would you rather she keeps her TK?

Personally, I wish she would keep the specialized TK but also would wish writers start being constant with it. I loved how it was utilized in the latest Uncanny and X-Force. I think it adds a layer of needed physicality to her, as long as it is uniquely and constantly utilized. Losing the TK might be a disadvantage since she doesn’t appear to be using a physical sword/Katana anymore so she will be lacking when it comes to physical offense, especially since her psychic blade has no physical properties when she is purely a telepath. Unless however they retcon her abilities so that despite being solely a telepath, she’s able to inflict physical damage through her psychic blades.
    I am going to assume he meant she’s primarily a telepath with specialized tk and I think I agree with you about her powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyblade View Post

Well If her Psyblades are an extension of the Psychoblast, then they should have Physical Properties.
    Betsy has displayed before her powers working on objects in the real world. The room got trashed when she killed Brians evil rapey twin.
    She shattered Cerebro Psychoblasting fools.
    Juggernaut felt it through his helmet.

So even being a PURE Telepath, she's had effects outside of just the mind. The problem lies in writers and their lack of research and consistency.
    I don't mind her being a pure Telepath if they buff up her to have minor effects on electronic Brains. Telepathy is basically electromagnetism focused on "Radio waves" in the head and neural systems.

She should be able to effect Vision and Scarlet Witch both, with their level of Willpower being the only hindrance. I don't Mind Ranged or Upclose Betsy, she just has to be smart when she gets into fights, and NOT ATTACK STRONGER PEOPLE FROM THE FRONT! Lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Writers NEVER explored how British Caucasians Betsy all of a sudden merged/body swapped with an Asian assassin and finally became the warrior she always wanted. There were SO many opportunities to get a good story out of this. But all we got is generic bad ass betsy warrior who didn't care that she had a new body as long as she could fight. And ironically (don't know if it is actually) she ended up getting jobbed so many times in her dream warrior body.

But what we as fans forget is that she realized herself she didn't need that. She was a warrior in her own way.
    This actually was addressed in X-Men #32 (written by Fabian Nicieza) . It happened that during the attempt to switch their minds, their genetic coding became entwined. That was how both women inherited aspects of each other. I strongly suggest that you read it and maybe the subsequent 10 or so issues preceding the issue . Because there was no way that Betsy was blase about what happened to her. She (like most X-women at the time) is a tough and stoic person so she would not be crying and resorting to histrionics. But it's quite apparent that she was was quite adversely affected by it.
    Last edited by Mia; 10-06-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I strongly suggest that you read it and maybe the subsequent 10 or so issues preceding the issue
    Those of us that DID read those issues tend to agree they’re terribly written, poorly considered, and ultimately bad for Betsy’s character. There’s such a thing as being Pro Psylocke, Pro Betsy, Pro Kwannon and Anti Nicieza.

Ultimate Member

I never really had a problem with those issues...and yeah Betsy did have a thing or two to say and think about being in the new body...

I am interested in Jordan's comments. I like the idea of Betsy being primarily a telepath but we have had so many years with her being as kick-ass telekinetic. I've said it before but I would have had her use a telepathic knife to fight with and a telekinetic shield.

I know Mike Carey had her state something about not being able to use both tp and tk at a time, and some writers focused on one power more than the other when they used her. At the end could she use both at the same time? I assume she could once she became an omega level psychic.

Yeah let’s actually have a break down of what happened during that era. Where you say that she had great character development and great depth added to her character. In such a way that addressed a lot of the issues that people had with the body change.

Logan that literally is the only era of Betsy you liked. You only like one aspect of her. Warrens girl who’s a ninja.

There’s literally nothing in there in regards to what everyone has been speaking about currently.
    There is no in-depth analysis or internal struggle about a white woman being in an Asian body.

The only struggle she has is another person using her and taking advantage of her.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-06-2018 at 08:21 PM.

I prefer Betsy as a pure telepath, hopefully no TK whatsoever in the new body.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah let’s actually have a break down of what happened during that era. Where you say that she had great character development and great depth added to her character. In such a way that addressed a lot of the issues that people had with the body change.

Logan that literally is the only era of Betsy you liked. You only like one aspect of her. Warrens girl who’s a ninja.

There’s literally nothing in there in regards to what everyone has been speaking about currently.
    There is no in-depth analysis or internal struggle about a white woman being in an Asian body.

The only struggle she has is another person using her and taking advantage of her.
    Um not the only time that I liked how Betsy was written, it's just my favorite, many people here have their favorite times in how Betsy was written and yet they don't get nearly the crap that I do, and the being a "ninja" really had nothing to do with me liking Betsy back then, it was just one aspect of her and also her being with Warren was only part of it, since every one of her pairings since has really been bad that people get behind only to then bash later on mostly..., and technically she wasn't in a fully Asian body anyway...
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-06-2018 at 08:21 PM.

I like Betsy as a TP and TK person. She basically has always been TK. Her powers were always a bit more than just TP. She could break any psi shields, her psi blasts caused physical damage, and her powers have explicitly been shown as the few that manifest physically. Her all of a sudden not being a TK would be a total regression.

I prefer her without TK so hopefully this new body has none of that. They can keep that with Kwannon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I prefer her without TK so hopefully this new body has none of that. They can keep that with Kwannon
    Agreed.

I like her Psychoblastin fools, and when they get too close, a little stabby stabby. BUT I also want her to be more than just Stabby girl to "stand out". She needs to use her minds powers to their full extent.
    Probes, Illusions, Sleeps, Calms, Scanning, Remote Viewing, Sensory Linking, etc. Her being stabby only would be regression to me.

I think if they kept her as a low level TK it could showcase her TP more and keep her consistant. I enjoy her with a TK weapon. Was really enjoying her exploring that too. Alas we shall see.... I still want a meeting between her and Kwannon at least. Flesh that out and define the characters. That will help.
    Last edited by Psy; 10-06-2018 at 08:43 PM.